Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedal Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:01 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Autovation machined pedals, they have sharply machined circular reliefs that provide plenty of grip. I would imagine the block-finish pedals do the same, though the Auroras are a bit cheaper.
I disagree that the gas pedal should be slippery. No pedal will lock your foot in place so that the pedal will not pivot under your foot and you definitely do not want our foot slipping off if the already slippery stock pedal is wet.
Another big reason to get pedal covers is that it allowed easier downshifting (via heel/toe or whatever your technique - I do half the foot on the brake and a roll on the gas pedal).
Old 06-03-2010, 03:32 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought mine from CCA and they are one of the best safety items you can buy for your Vette. Several times I got in my Vette with wet shoes and my foot would almost slip off of the clutch or brake pedals. I went to an Auto Parts store and bought a cheap set with rubber and they were still to slippery. When Chip came out with his I got them and it solved the problem. I strongly recommend them.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Jesse Asis
MSG C5, only if the block finish grabs your sole of the shoes. If the gas pedal sticks to your shoes. Your heal should be planted and as you step forward on the gas pedal the pedal and contact of your shoes changes or slips, this is the only pedal that should slip under your foot. This allows micro adjustment of the pedal since C5 has electronic wire throttle it is very senitive to pedal movement. A sticking pedal will jerk and casue problems... I made that mistake 20 years ago on my 280ZX (purchase a grippy pedal cover), I took that off in 2 days and left the plastic stock one there. If you notice your stock C5 pedal is smooth with lines going top to bottom, no chance of sticking. Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback!

Rich-L, any issues with your block finish accelerator pedal?

Quick Reply: Pedal Covers?