Air condition????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
justin_heat05
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air condition????

98 c5

Replaced with new compressor, drier, orifice tube and condenser. Took to a/c shop to vacuum and fill with freon. Still no cold air. Took out my dash, drivers side actuator worked fine, passenger side not. Fixed this problem with the vents.

Still no cold air on either passenger of drivers side. Went and picked up a can of freon. Low side was showing full, i let out the air and filled with one can. Cold air.

This morning..........barely cold. Checked with car off......low side showing in the warning red.

Whats the problem? Do i have a leak? Do you think the a/c shop forgot to put in the freon? Did i put enough into the system if they did forget.
Is the dye with the stop leak okay to use?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 PM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

you definitely have a leak somewhere. the UV dye can be seen with a black light. call up the shop you took it to for the charge and see if they used r134 with UV dye. if not, put another can in with the dye and buy a black light to see where the leak is coming from.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 PM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Put guages on and see what the readings are

If you have guages put them on and see what they read. 70 - 90 # are typical for static reading with compressor off and about 30 - 40 # on the low side and 150-350 # on the high side depending on ambient temperature when compressor is running. Can get guages for $40 at Harbor Freight.
I would go back to the AC shop and see what they say. If all new parts and properly charged the AC should cool

Last edited by bighank; 06-16-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:30 PM
robsc501
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI There,
with Big Hank.Where have you been hiding?
robsc501
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default Wait a minute....

The very first thing you do when you get your system charged is feel just how cold the air is... You mean to tell me that you paid a shop to charge your system and you didnt turn it on to feel how cold it was??? You said maybe the shop didnt add the freon... you mean you didnt check before you left... These mysteries seem to always have some facts ommitted...

Get notified of new replies

To Air condition????

Quick Reply: Air condition????