Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZR1 Duraflex front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM
piverson
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I just bought the pretty much same front end...but I cant figure how to fit my front c5 bumper lights ? how or wherre did you get those white colored lights for the front bumper on yours ?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM
indirocz28
Instructor

I really want the ZR1 style front for mine, but after seeing the horrible fit, I just don't know. I really need that big mouth for my intercooler to have better flow. I also like it more than the c5 nose..

Are there any other manufacturing companies for it??
Old 08-19-2012, 04:29 PM
sbadd99
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

yeah got the TS front shipped to Australia piece of crap, yes I could mod it to fit and end up paying more than the starcraft Tiger Shark front, imported that one fit was almost perfect. TS duraflex waste of money.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by indirocz28
I really want the ZR1 style front for mine, but after seeing the horrible fit, I just don't know. I really need that big mouth for my intercooler to have better flow. I also like it more than the c5 nose..

Are there any other manufacturing companies for it??
Get in contact with forum vendor quick z06, he'll hook you up. He stands by his product and service.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 AM
piverson
4th Gear

Default After market sux

Well let me tell you guys something.I drive down to Calif trying to save on shipping had to show a picture and proof that I owned a Corvette just to buy this piece of ****..it was the worst fitting bumper I've ever seen!.what's worse is all of the hoops I had to jump through to get it..I will pay later the shop I bought it from after I check the legalities...but I want you to know it was NOT worth the sweat off my *****..further more the people were very rude when I called trying to find out if I was doing something wrong......poor poor poor quality........
Old 08-20-2012, 12:11 PM
ttz
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have the ZR bumper. Mine was made by Extreme Dimensions and Carbon creations. The bumper's fitment is horrible. It took a ton of cutting and molding to get the thing to fit halfway decent.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:27 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,679 Likes on 1,481 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by UM Rebel
I don't get it!
Me either. I'm not a fan of installing sharp edged C6 bumpers on the curves of a C5. I don't think they match. Imagine doing the reverse to a C6?! However, that's what makes this place so much fun are all the different tastes and ideas.

I do think the original Tigershark front/rear fascias are a great C5 aftermarket option as they blend well into the curves of the car.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:03 PM
chiapet
Heel & Toe

Just to add in... I purchased Duraflex CV-G Spoiler and Duraflex Ac Edition side skirts back in May. I had several other projects I was working on for my C5 and just recently got around to addressing the skirts and spoiler. The side skirts were fine and look great. The spoiler... that is another story entirely. I was with my shop when they performed the dry fit to check things out - that is when things started downhill. If you align the center with the 3rd tail light, we had serious gaps on each side for the spears which angled down. The tips of the downward spears were not uniform from one to the other. There were gouges in the spoiler that the shop was concerned might be cracks - it ended up not being cracks however, the shop ended up spending several hours filling, sanding and trying to clean up the spoiler in preparation for painting and final fit. The shop continued to tell me that they were concerned with he product fitting properly and looking top notch as they know I had high expectations for the result.

Did I mention that I have used this shop without any issue for work on my RangeRover, Discovery & Jag XF along with cars prior to those. The cars always came back flawless.

Bottom line... I spent just under $600 for prep, painting and installation of the side spears and the spoiler. The side spears were fine. The spoiler was a mess and they warned me that it would be that way - the fitment on the driver side was horrible. The rear spoiler deck wants to lift up and the downward side spear has to much of a gap unless they put in over a 1/2 inch of adhesive/double sided tape or something to fill the gap. As much as they sanded, smoothed, etc., there were still waves on top of the spoiler which showed even worse once painted to match the original factory black.

To their defense, I have not yet contacted Duraflex as I just picked up the car Friday evening. You can bet Monday I will be on the phone with them since despite my shops efforts, they could not make a turd look pretty.

I tried to research prior to my purchase and could not find d a lot of negative feedback on Duraflex. I am currently regretting not going with the Caravaggio. The old adage in this case is very true - you get what you pay for even though I was not trying to be cheap. I am not expecting Duraflex to step up regarding their product based on what I have read in this thread today, but I will still follow-up with them and post back with the outcome.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Excessv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kale
That is HOT
Holy **** I love that!
Old 09-05-2016, 05:51 PM
PhillyFly1039
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kale
That is HOT
Nice! I have the same bumper but my shop is saying that the turn signal housing doesn't fit - and I noticed on the Duraflex website that these bumpers require a "Note: bumper requires a bracket for factory turn signal to be installed - bracket is not included". Do you have ANY idea where I can find a bracket??? I really want this bumper installed... I already have the rear bumper w/ diffuser, sideskirts, hood... just need to figure this part out.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:04 PM
99corvetteray
3rd Gear

I bought a 7 piece zr1 kit for my 99 vert. I chose to have a custom body shop do the install and complete repaint. One problem I've ran into is which lights from my c5 could still be used and which had to be converted to c6 lights. Another problem was the new front bumper lights to use. It comes with a side marker cutout that is too small for the c5 driving light/turn signal and requires relocating the c5 fog lights to fit in the center cutout.
Thanks to who ever posted the pictures of the from bumper install. obviously you had to modify the cutout to fit the stock light and it looks great. I hope you don't mind my using your idea. Can you post a photo of where you relocated your fog lights please. it sure might help.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,286 Likes on 13,962 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Closing down this rather old thread. If additional comments are desired, please start a new thread.

Quick Reply: ZR1 Duraflex front bumper