Sponsored by:

Ramp Solution for My Midrise Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ramp Solution for My Midrise Lift

Have been looking for a solution for my lift. I have a design CURRENT solution in place for a few years but it has drawbacks. I have had a new design in mind for quite sometime and last night I saw at Raceramps whats know as the PITSTOP Ramp which is similar to my design and a general idea of what i need but not exactly. Its too high and cumbersome to put together

So Jared from raceramps recently emailed me some pics of what they have done for a few customers and I think it might be the ideal solution. First, my current solution which, as i mentioned, has drawbacks

My Midrise Lift which is 4" high when fully collapsed

The goal was to clear the lift. 12 feet long boards (2 stacks of 2) were too heavy for me (even tried light cedar wood and that was also a pain). So I used aluminum ramps (designed for loading tractors onto trailers) to get car over the 4" lift. Solution consists of 8 individual aluminum ramps (4 stacks of 2, 6' long each 12' long in total)

Plywood was necessary to tie down on top of ramp rungs to gain a flat surface for the car to roll onto

Each Aluminum Ramp Stack must slide together

I also needed approach ramps. Note in the lower left corner i use a separate approach ramp. Problem Is This can slide when the car comes off the ramp so I must come off very slow and be cautious or the car frame can drop onto the ramp itself and get stuck (happened to me once and need a jack to lift it from rear to reinsert the approach ramp)

The above Overall a solution I have used for a few years but a pain. First,

1. The Aluminum ramps arent as light as I thought by the time I had to stack them (4 stacks of 2) to get the required clearing height for the midrise lift.

2. I have to be very cautious about coming off the ramp because the joined ramps will slip a part

3. I also have to be very cautious about coming off the ramp because the approach ramp may slide

The cost for all of these ramps was under $200 as harbor freight was at the time getting rid of these ramps. These did what i need for 4 years but as I said, time to look for something else

Proposed NEW 2 piece Solution From RaceRamps

I just hope its affordable. $300 maybe as that was the price that was mentioned but he wasnt sure. Anything above that and i may have to look for something else. Maybe another ramp place

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 07-22-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Why not just put down a couple of lenghts of 2x10s? They will look good and cost next to nothing?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:20 PM
BrentC5Z
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too heavy.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Brent87LT1
Too heavy.
I was talking about finishing them and leave them in place.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Why not just put down a couple of lenghts of 2x10s? They will look good and cost next to nothing?
I already answered that (I knew this would be the 1st question )

Not as easy for me as it would Be for others. You will need 4 of them and you will need to stack them "safely". Permanently stacking them will make them to way to heavy. And no, I will not nail them over my nice looking racedeck tile

come on guys, dont you think i thought of these questions years ago?

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 07-22-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ramp Solution for My Midrise Lift

Quick Reply: Ramp Solution for My Midrise Lift