Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocking Seat Solution: The Permanent fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 AM
stormrider
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it from a guy that spent hours trying to sand down the thickness of the nylon washers to the correct thickneess and fumbeling to get them to line up in the bracket, $25 is a deal!!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 PM
miami993c297
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by theradioflyer
Those of you with power seats may have noticed that they slide back and forth upon braking and acceleration. This I due to the OEM rubber spacers disintegrating after repeated use. The Nylon inserts I’m offering will replace the failed rubber spacer restoring a solid feel to your power seats.

Okay, following the install procedure posted by "k0ts" I managed to fix my seats.

Link: http://www.lieblweb.com/c5seatfix.html

Tools I used:

- 5/8" socket (to remove seat mounting nuts)
- Torx 20, 25 and 40 screwdrivers
- PB blaster or similar
- Vice Grip Pliers
- Needle nose pliers
- Heavy duty grease cleaner (lava, fast orange or similar soap will work too)
- Flat exacto knife and wire brush (to clean up the melted rubber where the new spacers will go

Each seat takes 4 spacers but only applies to power seats so here's what I'm offering:

$20 shipped for 4 pcs (one seat) or $25 shipped for 8 pcs (two seats)

Please email me with your CF screen name and the amount wanted and I’ll get a set out to you. Order ship within 2 business days.

email: Radioflyer97@gmail.com

Special thanks to Frank’s Vettes for providing the prototype materials for production. If you’re in the Spring/Houston area, Frank’s Vettes can install these spacers for you if you feel the installation is beyond your ability or time limits.
Thanks for the delivery in time for the exact parts show in this post...

They are in place, and no more rocking...just perfectly smooth without a play.

Christian
Old 02-12-2011, 04:13 PM
scccpresident
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat repair

Good info, but not what I need.
If you look at the photo for step #11, you will see the black u-shaped clevis that rides on the long adjusting screw that is powered by the seat motor to raise and lower the seat and a seperate one moves the seat back and forth on the tracks. My car has white plastic or nylon clevises that ride on that long adjusting screw, the same shape as the ones in the photo that are black, but mine are white. I need to find replacements for those u-shaped things.
Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by scccpresident
Good info, but not what I need.
If you look at the photo for step #11, you will see the black u-shaped clevis that rides on the long adjusting screw that is powered by the seat motor to raise and lower the seat and a seperate one moves the seat back and forth on the tracks. My car has white plastic or nylon clevises that ride on that long adjusting screw, the same shape as the ones in the photo that are black, but mine are white. I need to find replacements for those u-shaped things.
Jim
Then why are you hijacking this thread start one on your own problem.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:03 PM
malligood55
Instructor

Originally Posted by theradioflyer
Those of you with power seats may have noticed that they slide back and forth upon braking and acceleration. This I due to the OEM rubber spacers disintegrating after repeated use. The Nylon inserts I’m offering will replace the failed rubber spacer restoring a solid feel to your power seats.

Okay, following the install procedure posted by "k0ts" I managed to fix my seats.

Link: http://www.lieblweb.com/c5seatfix.html

Tools I used:

- 5/8" socket (to remove seat mounting nuts)
- Torx 20, 25 and 40 screwdrivers
- PB blaster or similar
- Vice Grip Pliers
- Needle nose pliers
- Heavy duty grease cleaner (lava, fast orange or similar soap will work too)
- Flat exacto knife and wire brush (to clean up the melted rubber where the new spacers will go

Each seat takes 4 spacers but only applies to power seats so here's what I'm offering:

$20 shipped for 4 pcs (one seat) or $25 shipped for 8 pcs (two seats)

Please email me with your CF screen name and the amount wanted and I’ll get a set out to you. Order ship within 2 business days.

email: Radioflyer97@gmail.com

Special thanks to Frank’s Vettes for providing the prototype materials for production. If you’re in the Spring/Houston area, Frank’s Vettes can install these spacers for you if you feel the installation is beyond your ability or time limits.
Thanks a bunch for the quick shipping on the washers. They are installed and no more rocking.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
vette.mix
Le Mans Master

George,
email sent

Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by ragman4933
Had the same problem with both seats, my extended warranty covered both. If you have one check with it. They called it a safety issue.

This is a sale thread for a vendor. No one will fix the seat for free because it is a "safety issue" because it is not. What are you going to do when it wears out again (it will). These fix the design problem by replacing the rubber with nylon. Gee this must be drag up old thread week........
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

George,
E-Mail sent

Mr.Bill
Old 04-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Fireman03
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if these fit and fix rocking seat on C6 seats?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Fireman03
Does anyone know if these fit and fix rocking seat on C6 seats?
Good question I guess the way to find out is look at the instructions at the top and pull your seat to see if the seat track matches the instructions at least you may get an idea of what is going on. You can also ask around the C6 forum. I know they fixed my seats
Old 04-03-2011, 12:35 AM
rtpassini
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I have a question regarding a seat issue.
the passenger side seems to have a rock issue. Except its not the whole seat. Its just the back on one side. The bottom doesnt do it. Just the top right hand side.

is this the same?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
vette.mix
Le Mans Master

paypal sent bump for ya
Old 04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Fireman03
Advanced

Originally Posted by Redeasysport
Good question I guess the way to find out is look at the instructions at the top and pull your seat to see if the seat track matches the instructions at least you may get an idea of what is going on. You can also ask around the C6 forum. I know they fixed my seats
Really? Spend a couple of hours dismantling the seat. That sounds alot easier than asking if anyone knows if it will work first. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Fireman03
Really? Spend a couple of hours dismantling the seat. That sounds alot easier than asking if anyone knows if it will work first. Thanks for the advice.
It takes about 10 min to pull the seat and flip it over and compare the tracks to the pictures.Appearently know one knows for sure and I suggested someone check it.Shoot me for making a suggestion
Old 04-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Redeasysport
It takes about 10 min to pull the seat and flip it over and compare the tracks to the pictures.Appearently know one knows for sure and I suggested someone check it.Shoot me for making a suggestion
I agree, Sounds like he needs a group hug. You try to help someone and they give you crap for it.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Email sent for 2 sets.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Atok
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Last weekend I removed my seat for this fix. What I found was one of the bolts that holds the seat frame together was loose. This was the primary cause of my "rocking" seat. I did the nylon bushing fix anyway but loose frame bolts is another cause that I wasn't expecting.

Get notified of new replies

To Rocking Seat Solution: The Permanent fix

Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Atok
Last weekend I removed my seat for this fix. What I found was one of the bolts that holds the seat frame together was loose. This was the primary cause of my "rocking" seat. I did the nylon bushing fix anyway but loose frame bolts is another cause that I wasn't expecting.
could you take a picture of the bolt in question, I'd like to take a stab at fixing that.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
chill99
Instructor

George,

Paypal sent.

Growing list of things to do when I recover my seats.

Thx, Chris
Old 06-19-2011, 11:06 AM
K9Leader
Burning Brakes

Received 373 Likes on 181 Posts

I ordered Radioflyer's spacers a few weeks ago and did the fix on the driver's seat last night. Hardest parts were getting the electrical connectors to disconnect and the 40T bolt on the outside track. Also, the fix on Lieblweb.com does not mention that in Step 14 when you remove the T-20 screws, there is a plastic spacer between the rail and the drive mechanism housing.

I had expected to find the OEM rubber spacers to be in shreds or crumbling or something but they were intact & pliable. I guess they just got softer over time and had more give? I will give the fix its first test drive in a few minutes - on my way to a Father's Day car show with my D. Too late to enter my car but I can still go look at all the other cool cars.

K9Leader

Quick Reply: Rocking Seat Solution: The Permanent fix