Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is 2004 Indy 500 "Festival" car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Default What is 2004 Indy 500 "Festival" car worth?

I'm trying to do a little research for a friend of mine. He is looking at a 2004 pace car convertible with about 7,000 miles on it. It appears to be a really nice car. I think it is actually called an "Indy 500 Festival car".

Any thoughts on what it is worth would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,408 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I think to the guy that really wants that car for what it is and with low mileage it will get about $25-$28k. Maybe even more.....

The LeMans Blue cars were the least used "officail" cars at Indy that year. The actual parade/festival cars and track use cars were the white Corvettes and the Red SSR's. They had about 22 of the LeMans Blue cars that I am pretty sure were used on Race Day ONLY. They were called "Dealer Give Away" cars and they used them on race day to drive Service people around the track during pre race ceremonies. They used 22 RED SSR's, 22 of the WHITE Corvettes and 22 of these BLUE Corvettes, sending them around the track, each with a military Service person in each and in alternating red, white and blue order.

I love these cars and the blue ones especially being the least used during the month. I am not 100% sure what the "Dealer Give away" program was all about but I do know that many of the Indiana GM dealers got to drive these cars that day on the track.

Last edited by Glennm27; 11-16-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:31 PM
02*C5
Race Director

Received 106 Likes on 39 Posts

What ever the person sees it worth to them if they where actually used on the track they do retain some value but if its just the paint job not as valuable more of a rhetorical value.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Glennm27
I think to the guy that really wants that car for what it is and with low mileage it will get about $25-$28k. Maybe even more.....

The LeMans Blue cars were the least used "officail" cars at Indy that year. The actual parade/festival cars and track use cars were the white Corvettes and the Red SSR's. They had about 22 of the LeMans Blue cars that I am pretty sure were used on Race Day ONLY. They were called "Dealer Give Away" cars and they used them on race day to drive Service people around the track during pre race ceremonies. They used 22 RED SSR's, 22 of the WHITE Corvettes and 22 of these BLUE Corvettes, sending them around the track, each with a military Service person in each and in alternating red, white and blue order.

I love these cars and the blue ones especially being the least used during the month. I am not 100% sure what the "Dealer Give away" program was all about but I do know that many of the Indiana GM dealers got to drive these cars that day on the track.

Thanks Glenn - your information is always valued! Didn't expect to see you over hear in the C5 section. Hope all is well with you
Old 11-17-2010, 07:04 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

If you fall in love with a car and can afford it, that's all that counts.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by 02*C5
What ever the person sees it worth to them if they where actually used on the track they do retain some value but if its just the paint job not as valuable more of a rhetorical value.
All the LeMans Blue cars were used on the track BUT noy under race conditions. They were used for 2 laps during pre-race ceremonies..
Old 11-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by jschindler
Thanks Glenn - your information is always valued! Didn't expect to see you over hear in the C5 section. Hope all is well with you
Jim, after owing a C5 for so long and learning so much about the car, I still hang out here with the C5 guys. There are alot of guys buying used C5's now who are new to C5's and I get to help out occassionally with my experience with the cars. I like helping the new guys..

Hope all is well with you too.

Glenn

PS I go to the Indy 500 every year and I have always loved the Pace Cars although have never had an interest in owning one..
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Priorities
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim, after owing a C5 for so long and learning so much about the car, I still hang out here with the C5 guys. There are alot of guys buying used C5's now who are new to C5's and I get to help out occassionally with my experience with the cars. I like helping the new guys..

Hope all is well with you too.

Glenn

PS I go to the Indy 500 every year and I have always loved the Pace Cars although have never had an interest in owning one..
I am one of those new C5 guys, thanks for sticking around!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
If you fall in love with a car and can afford it, that's all that counts.
i have an 04 ce convert that i bought because it was a bit different than the regular production cars and i thought (and still think) it's fun to own something a bit different. when i bought it, i didn't pay a premium because it was a bit different. it took me a bit longer to find it at the price i wanted to pay (commensurate with other 04 6 speed converts with approx the same mileage which was very low at the time)). if your buddy is buying it as an investment, he is going about it all wrong in my opinion unless he wishes to park it in a barn and go back and get it 40 years from now, lol).

bottom line is stated in the quote above. with the mileage stated, in my area of the country, the car would be worth approx 21-24k, with the 24k being a bit of a premium for both the mileage (usual) and the tape package (fabricated in my opinion).
Old 11-17-2010, 04:09 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by srs244
i have an 04 ce convert that i bought because it was a bit different than the regular production cars and i thought (and still think) it's fun to own something a bit different. when i bought it, i didn't pay a premium because it was a bit different. it took me a bit longer to find it at the price i wanted to pay (commensurate with other 04 6 speed converts with approx the same mileage which was very low at the time)). if your buddy is buying it as an investment, he is going about it all wrong in my opinion unless he wishes to park it in a barn and go back and get it 40 years from now, lol).

bottom line is stated in the quote above. with the mileage stated, in my area of the country, the car would be worth approx 21-24k, with the 24k being a bit of a premium for both the mileage (usual) and the tape package (fabricated in my opinion).
I'm just trying to find out what the car should be worth. Nobody want's to pay more than a car is worth.

Your information in the last paragraph is of good value - Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
02*C5
Race Director

Received 106 Likes on 39 Posts

All the LeMans Blue cars were used on the track BUT noy under race conditions. They were used for 2 laps during pre-race ceremonies..
That's what I was talking about (not too much of a Vet historian here) not so much racing if they did see track time then they could be worth a a nice chunk.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Indy Pacer 1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 C-5 24 LeMans Edition Corvettes Used at Indy

Quote: That's what I was talking about (not too much of a Vet historian here) not so much racing if they did see track time then they could be worth a a nice chunk. [/QUOTE]

Hello Everyone,

In reading your threads about the questions placed about the 2004 Indianapolis 500 Corvettes that were used during the event. Here is more information on them, I hope this helps shed some light on them.

I worked for the company whom handled them and through out the years handled the GM Special Event Vehicles that were used during the Indianapolis 500 & Brickyard 400 race events.

In the question about the 24Lemans Corvette edition(s) that were used. . . . . Their only purpose was to be used on AND During Race Day during the Introduction Laps with the Servicemen and women who were brought in for this event. David Letterman paid for bringing them in and housing them while they were here for the Indianapolis 500.
Now onto the Corvettes, The 22 Corvettes as there were also 22 red & white Colorado 4X4 Crew Cab pickups also that were used. All of these vehicles received a similar graphics package which was installed by a GM Contractor as Our company did all of the rest in handling and preparation of these vehicles.
These vehicles were located at 2 different Chevrolet Dealers in Indianapolis. These were never used for anything else but for race day and were sold to dealers by assignment all over the 5 state region by the North Central Region as they were allocated to them and the group that was responsible in contracting us as we did the regular GM Event vehicles which there were a little bit over 200 different Chevrolet vehicles used by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Indy 500 and these are for something later as most of them were kept for usage for the Brickyard 400 only a few Corvettes in (Speedway White) those were for IMS track useage and are termed Track/Festival Cars. . . . . . . . . . . . Pictured below is what went on and how these were used. . . . . .Enjoy . . . . . .

2004 Indianapolis 500 Chevrolet C-5 Corvette North Central Region Dealer-Drive-Away 4th Turn Servicemen.
Photo By H.Kirchenbauer, copyright 2004.

So the proper term for these vehicles is; Dealer Drive-away program Vehicles, None were ever or supposed to be used for track or any other usage. they were never driven except to be moved to IMS and to the 4th turn F-1 Road Course in which we did everything there in getting them ready for the race.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion on these and the values of them. . . . . Well they are just C-5 Corvette 24 Le Mans Edition convertibles. I still have window stickers we received when picking up the cars. Their values are no more than what a C-5 Corvette would be and maybe a little bit more but nothing crazy as they were just Corvettes with markings on them.

Any Questions let me know?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,307 Likes on 13,978 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

This was a 7 year old thread. If anyone has questions, they can PM or e-mail you.

Get notified of new replies

To What is 2004 Indy 500 "Festival" car worth?

Quick Reply: What is 2004 Indy 500 "Festival" car worth?