Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a rear chrome wagon wheel they'd like to get rid of?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:44 PM
mechanix19
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a rear chrome wagon wheel they'd like to get rid of?

I am in need of a rear chrome wagon wheel. Doesn't have to be perfect but I need it to not be dented. My current one isn't true anymore due to a nice pothole so it won't hold air after a few days. :-(
Old 01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

Received 344 Likes on 253 Posts

Hey, I'm in the same area, ha ha.

But no, I do not have chrome wagon wheels (well I do, but on my car!)

I bought mine 4 used off Craigslist for 500.00(talked him down from 600) with Michelin run flats, the rear passenger tire had to be replaced and at Discount tire they showed me where the wheel had a crack, I think the guy hit a pothole, and the tire had a big bulge in it when inflated.

The guy had bought new chrome C5 Z06 wheels and tires to make his hatchback a phony Z06 (had Z06 logos on the fenders), and did not know what run flats were, I figured when I called it was gonna have cheap non run flats that may be wore out, when I got them home I noticed they said Pilot zero pressure!

However, all the other tires were like new, and the front passenger was brand new, he said a Discount tire messed up that tire dismounting it to get the tire pressure monitors out, and they gave him a brand new tire!

I took it to a place in Tempe and the guy welded it, that was over 6000 miles ago, no trouble, maybe they could fix yours?

I will have to look up the paperwork to see what the place was called, and get back to you.

This all started because my factory Goodyear runflats were really wore on the back, and I wanted chrome wagon wheels, I think in all buying the wheels, one new tire, having the one wheel welded, 2 new tire pressure monitors (the rear ones were corroded and stripped when they took them out of my factory wheels) mounting, balancing, etc, 1275.00, not to bad for new run flat tires, OEM chrome wagon wheels, and some tire pressure monitors eh?

Last edited by 1999corvettels1; 01-18-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

Ok, I called and told the guy about your problem, he said he should be able to fix it, with demounting the tire, true the wheel, remounting, etc. should be about 125.00, I don't know if that is too much or not?

I think I payed 65.00 to have my hairline crack welded up, then had discount remount it as they had already un mounted it, when they saw the crack.

http://www.arizonatruewheel.com/Services.html
Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
robertlthomson
Pro

THANK YOU!!!! Called Arizona True Wheel and spoke to someone very helpful and decided to send my rear cracked WW in for repair. Thank you for the tip and link.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:31 PM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

No problem, I guess places like this are rare, got lucky to have one only 40 or so miles away, at first I thought my bargain wheels turned into a nightmare if I was gonna need another chrome wagon wheel!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:32 AM
mechanix19
Racer

Originally Posted by 1999corvettels1
Hey, I'm in the same area, ha ha.

But no, I do not have chrome wagon wheels (well I do, but on my car!)

I bought mine 4 used off Craigslist for 500.00(talked him down from 600) with Michelin run flats, the rear passenger tire had to be replaced and at Discount tire they showed me where the wheel had a crack, I think the guy hit a pothole, and the tire had a big bulge in it when inflated.

The guy had bought new chrome C5 Z06 wheels and tires to make his hatchback a phony Z06 (had Z06 logos on the fenders), and did not know what run flats were, I figured when I called it was gonna have cheap non run flats that may be wore out, when I got them home I noticed they said Pilot zero pressure!

However, all the other tires were like new, and the front passenger was brand new, he said a Discount tire messed up that tire dismounting it to get the tire pressure monitors out, and they gave him a brand new tire!

I took it to a place in Tempe and the guy welded it, that was over 6000 miles ago, no trouble, maybe they could fix yours?

I will have to look up the paperwork to see what the place was called, and get back to you.

This all started because my factory Goodyear runflats were really wore on the back, and I wanted chrome wagon wheels, I think in all buying the wheels, one new tire, having the one wheel welded, 2 new tire pressure monitors (the rear ones were corroded and stripped when they took them out of my factory wheels) mounting, balancing, etc, 1275.00, not to bad for new run flat tires, OEM chrome wagon wheels, and some tire pressure monitors eh?
Wow thanks for going above and beyond to help me out, it's really appreciated. I have been offered a full set of chrome wagon wheels for $100 from someone local. So if anything I'll take that. I just don't want 3 spares lying around and the hassle of trying to get rid of them. I was hoping I could find one someone who just wants to dump one.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

Wow, a full set of chrome ones for 100.00!, what a deal!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a rear chrome wagon wheel they'd like to get rid of?

Quick Reply: Anyone have a rear chrome wagon wheel they'd like to get rid of?