Headers on B&B bullets, cats? Y/N

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 AM
DarkSpeed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers on B&B bullets, cats? Y/N

Hey guys,

I'm considering buying the XS-power headers in the near future. Currently I live in Kalifornia run by the EPA...which means I gotta find a "speak-easy" smog-shop

Is it worth getting the catless headers? I have B&B BULLETS on stock manifolds and cats...

How much different will they sound versus 110 cell high-flow cats (which come on the catted XS version)...too loud?

Any comments appreciated!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

I have the ARH headers & hi flow cats on mine with B&B PRT cat backs. Friend of mine has same set up but no cats. No real difference in sound or HP off the dyno. Our cars dynoed within 4hp of one another, which could be because mines a 6spd and his is an auto. Don't think the cats made any diff. JMO
Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

I have Kooks LT's, Hiflow Cats, Kooks Xpipe and C5 Z06 Titanium Mufflers! and they sound great

Although I do not Bullets, my set-up is quite louder than and I know others with BB's and it will certainly be LOUDER!

Usually shops are pretty cool about the visual as long as it blows clean on the sniffer

Thanks,Matt
Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 AM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

I have LG longtubes "Street" system, X-pipe, no cats and B&B bullets and it is LOUD!!! I love it. It almost sounds like a race-car!!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Radicaltimes
Instructor

Originally Posted by DarkSpeed
Hey guys,

I'm considering buying the XS-power headers in the near future. Currently I live in Kalifornia run by the EPA...which means I gotta find a "speak-easy" smog-shop

Is it worth getting the catless headers? I have B&B BULLETS on stock manifolds and cats...

How much different will they sound versus 110 cell high-flow cats (which come on the catted XS version)...too loud?

I'm interested in the XS- Power headers also. I went to their website and they only list them for a C6 Corvette. I've emailed them and waiting on a responce.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 PM
DarkSpeed
Pro

Originally Posted by Radicaltimes
I'm interested in the XS- Power headers also. I went to their website and they only list them for a C6 Corvette. I've emailed them and waiting on a responce.
Check out the vendor Superman09...he is very helpful and sells them

soo many good things I've seen from XS,,,and cheap price too for US-made headers!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...r-systems.html
Old 02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I am wanted to put some headers back on as well. I am more afraid of getting pulled over for noise then the smog. I am willing to take off for smog reasons every two years. I had LG streets with no cats in WA and it was the loudest thing in the world with my Loudmouths but every where i went people would give me the.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DANZGLASS
I am wanted to put some headers back on as well. I am more afraid of getting pulled over for noise then the smog. I am willing to take off for smog reasons every two years. I had LG streets with no cats in WA and it was the loudest thing in the world with my Loudmouths but every where i went people would give me the.
I hear you!! Mine is to the point of being obnoxious loud, but I LOVE IT!! I haven't been pulled over yet, but I am sure that I will sometime. Wonder what the officer will say when I let him know how much money my exhaust costs and that it is legal!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 91redragtop
I hear you!! Mine is to the point of being obnoxious loud, but I LOVE IT!! I haven't been pulled over yet, but I am sure that I will sometime. Wonder what the officer will say when I let him know how much money my exhaust costs and that it is legal!
I miss it so much! It was the nastiest sounding car of the group for sure! have some vids of it if anyone is interested.

Still sounds great just not quit the rumble and tone without the headers.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM
mel3535
Burning Brakes

Hey guys,

I heard that you get a huge fine for running without cats, and that you can get labeled as a gross polluter or something like that and will have to smog every year. Though i could be wrong about this, maybe you want to look into it.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM
BBExhaust
Supporting Manufacturer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey guys,

DarkSpeed,
We offer both shorty or long tube headers with or without high flow cat pipes for the C5. The headers will add little more noise but it is nothing like going stock to the Bullets. Cat delete pipes will be a little louder than with. You will notice more of the difference in the higher rpm range. You can find much more information at www.bbexhaust.com or feel free to get in touch with us directly if you have any questions.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
manley845
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,

I prefer no cats on my exhaust, and if I lived in California I would just weld a pipe in the center of the cat body and install the faux cats. But if you guys have a sniffer test in addition to an inspecton then maybe it would fail that. Hmmm, guess that's why I'll only visit Cali.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:44 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by 91redragtop
I have LG longtubes "Street" system, X-pipe, no cats and B&B bullets and it is LOUD!!! I love it. It almost sounds like a race-car!!
Love the sound in town driving. But didnt like the drone on the interstate. I have same set but with Borla stingers on her now.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM
AntonioZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have kooks headers, catted xpipe, and b&b bullets (along with H/C/I) and absolutely LOVE THEM. But be forewarned, they are LOUD....but I don't care.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I run High flow cats.... Trying to keep it closer to being legal my full setup is in my sig

Rob
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by AntonioZ06
I have kooks headers, catted xpipe, and b&b bullets (along with H/C/I) and absolutely LOVE THEM. But be forewarned, they are LOUD....but I don't care.

Nice looking car man.....

Get notified of new replies

To Headers on B&B bullets, cats? Y/N

Quick Reply: Headers on B&B bullets, cats? Y/N