Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody purchased wheels from Custom Wheel Market out of California?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Franko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anybody purchased wheels from Custom Wheel Market out of California?

I am thinking of purchasing a set of wheels from Custom Wheels Market out of California. I am looking at the C6 Z06 chrome wheels in C5 sizes. They are on ebay, and I was wondering if any forum members had purchased from them and what you think about the quality of their chrome wheels. They have 100% good feedback from ebay purchasers but I would still like to hear about your dealings with them.
Thanks
Frank
Old 02-19-2011, 03:53 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Franko
I am thinking of purchasing a set of wheels from Custom Wheels Market out of California. I am looking at the C6 Z06 chrome wheels in C5 sizes. They are on ebay, and I was wondering if any forum members had purchased from them and what you think about the quality of their chrome wheels. They have 100% good feedback from ebay purchasers but I would still like to hear about your dealings with them.
Thanks
Frank

We are only a couple hours from You Frank if you need some wheel help
I can get repro wheels if thats what you must have. Give me a call and we can help you out. I just dont care myself for the quality of them and removed them from the website

608 568 3011

Dennis
Old 02-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Cybermind
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Be very careful when purchasing aftermarket repro wheels. I, like you was in the market for some new wheels but after researching the subject extensively online, I decided to stay with my OEM polished thinspokes. You would be amazed at how light the stock OEM wheels are compared to aftermarket Chinese cast repros. I also found out that a couple of pounds difference can significantly impact the car's performance in a negative way due to unsprung wheight and centrifugal forces. But, some people are willing to live with it for some bling and some are not. I am not trying to make you change your mind but I strongly recommend that you buy the best wheels that you can afford. Try to stay away from the cheapos. These are high performance cars which require high performance wheels.

PS: I recommend that you read up on the differences in quality and performance between cheap cast aluminum wheels and the spincast/ forged quality wheels. You may be amazed.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Franko
Instructor

Anybody?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:19 PM
hattitude
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c5 BearsFan
I just dont care myself for the quality of them and removed them from the website
Dennis' opinion above, about the wheels you are looking at, would be enough for me to look elsewhere.......

You may think he said that just to drum up some business, but Dennis is a straight shooter and wouldn't say that just to make a sale.

Good luck with your decision....
Old 02-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,309 Likes on 13,980 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Not sure what kind of price you are able to get for the wheels from the vendor you mentioned, but I'd recommend you check with Dennis at Double D Mods or the fine folks at JW Motoring.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 PM
rdline
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Not sure what kind of price you are able to get for the wheels from the vendor you mentioned, but I'd recommend you check with Dennis at Double D Mods or the fine folks at JW Motoring.
Both have great reputations on forum , and if you can scratch a few extra bucs out and want custom, go with John and Melissa at CCW. Awesome folks , more money but well worth it.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Mr. K
1st Gear

Default Yes

I purchased C6 ZO6 wheels 17/8.5 & 18/9.5 chrome they look great & ride nice I'm pleased with them

Get notified of new replies

To Has anybody purchased wheels from Custom Wheel Market out of California?

Quick Reply: Has anybody purchased wheels from Custom Wheel Market out of California?