C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saving Money with Deductibles

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Saving Money with Deductibles

I often hear people tell me that they have a $0 deductible from other leading insurance companies or that they have a diminishing deductible. I ask them what the advantage to this is? Most really do not have an answer except knowing that small claims will be handled without any out of pocket expense. What most people do not realize is that this is a way to drive your premium up. When I ask those with the diminishing deductible if their premium goes up each year, I always hear yes. Do you wonder why?

Many customers prefer to customize a policy that is right for them. If a lower premium is most important deductibles can be a great option to save money while not compromising the type of coverage on the unit. 9 times out of 10 my customer sees that their premiums can drop significantly to justify the out of pocket expense if an accident ever does occur. We offer several deductible options from $0, $250, $500, $1,000 and up to $10,000. If you are worried about glass coverage, we’ve got you covered. We offer “Full Safety Glass Coverage” at an additional charge, so if you have any front window damage you will not be out a deductible.

Example:

Say I own a 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe in KY
Value $58,000
3,000 miles or less driven a year
$100K/$300K on Bodily Injury, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
$0 deductible = $742 per year
$250 deductible = $614 per year
$500 deductible = $580 per year

You can see that there is over a $150 savings from $0-$500 deductible.

If you are interested in receiving a no obligation quote, with deductible options, please check out our site at www.ncminsurance.com.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm trying to figure out if there are any people on the forum that don't already know this.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You would be surprised. We have many calls daily that think because they have a collector car that they should have a $0 deductible.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 PM
BATM4N
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
I'm trying to figure out if there are any people on the forum that don't already know this.
One would think but through my experiences, its always surprising how many people are not "math" minded people. Not that they're dumb and can't add or subtract, its just they can't understand any complex math, like how to figure out which loan is right for them i.e. home loans, car loans or figuring out insurance on these items as well.

Thus one of the main reasons for our housing crisis

(and no I don't sell insurance for a living)
Old 04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Boca

I often hear people tell me that they have a $0 deductible from other leading insurance companies or that they have a diminishing deductible. I ask them what the advantage to this is? Most really do not have an answer except knowing that small claims will be handled without any out of pocket expense. What most people do not realize is that this is a way to drive your premium up. When I ask those with the diminishing deductible if their premium goes up each year, I always hear yes. Do you wonder why?

Many customers prefer to customize a policy that is right for them. If a lower premium is most important deductibles can be a great option to save money while not compromising the type of coverage on the unit. 9 times out of 10 my customer sees that their premiums can drop significantly to justify the out of pocket expense if an accident ever does occur. We offer several deductible options from $0, $250, $500, $1,000 and up to $10,000. If you are worried about glass coverage, we’ve got you covered. We offer “Full Safety Glass Coverage” at an additional charge, so if you have any front window damage you will not be out a deductible.

Example:

Say I own a 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe in KY
Value $58,000
3,000 miles or less driven a year
$100K/$300K on Bodily Injury, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
$0 deductible = $742 per year
$250 deductible = $614 per year
$500 deductible = $580 per year

You can see that there is over a $150 savings from $0-$500 deductible.

If you are interested in receiving a no obligation quote, with deductible options, please check out our site at www.ncminsurance.com.
Just another consideration - realistically how often do you have an accident? If you go three or five years your savings will be ????
A - 450-750 B 150 C - Can't tell from example D- Duhh

Last edited by dquagliaroli; 04-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
You would be surprised at how many people are out there and unaware of the nuances of their insurance coverages....even for the vette.

Adam is a great resource and can offer a nice package.....I know - I'm a satisfied customer.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Another satistified customer here. Adam see you end of May when my brother and I come to the NCM for a visit.

Get notified of new replies

To Saving Money with Deductibles

Quick Reply: Saving Money with Deductibles