Cure for the Common Curb....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Cure for the Common Curb....

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 159.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 01-12-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

We have 3 left in stock.....more coming in late next week.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

We are sold out till Tuesday, but still taking orders....

Have 20 more arriving on Monday.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Kdorlando
just ordered one, this is a must have.
Thanks for the order.....have 7 left out of the ones that are coming in Tuesday.

one is reserved for you

Thanks,

Jim
Old 06-05-2011, 08:29 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Back in stock....have about 8 left.....

Jim
Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
wilsogr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will you be at Bloomington Gold and have the Curb Alert?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Burgie
Pro

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

We have the Curb Alert in stock and with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works.

Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim
Great Idea however, Those of us with high frequency hearing loss can not hear the tone put out by the small tone generator. I've listened- or tried - to your posted commercial link and can not hear when the car got close to the curb. Any options on adding a lower frequency tone alarm?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
tooleman
Cruising

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

We have the Curb Alert in stock and with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works.

Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Anybody installed one of these on a C-5 ??
Old 06-06-2011, 11:05 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Interesting concept, however I like the solution Jay Leno engineered for his C6R-street ready Corvette.

He basically installed a front suspension/shock system that is common among the low riders crowd. Anytime he approaches a driveway/curb that looks a little too pitched for his front spoiler, he can raise the front of his Corvette, clears the curb, and then returns the front back down to it's original position. I think the entire vertical adjustment span is around 6-8".

Last edited by MSG C5; 06-06-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
TNX ZORA
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Burgie
Great Idea however, Those of us with high frequency hearing loss can not hear the tone put out by the small tone generator. I've listened- or tried - to your posted commercial link and can not hear when the car got close to the curb. Any options on adding a lower frequency tone alarm?

Being around too many jet fighter engines in full AB will take a toll. Our Jeep has a rear-mounted system that has multiple led's that light in an easy to recognize pattern according to proximity. You view those in the rearview mirror. Good thing too because I sure can't hear the audio alert simultaneously presented.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 PM
mcgilles
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know how I missed this. I love this kind of stuff! any pics of a c5 install? I want to see exactly what it looks like. do you have a rear proximity system also?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:34 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Burgie
The video does not allow for you to hear the audio very well....You can hear it in the car, I am positive.....If not, send it back for a refund .

Jim
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 PM
tooleman
Cruising

Just completed an install on a C5....will post pictures tomorrow...

Thanks,

Jim
I really want one of these but am waiting to see it install on a C-5. Thanks Jim
Old 06-16-2011, 12:04 AM
yaknow
Le Mans Master

Received 222 Likes on 154 Posts

interested in seeing pics on a C5, seems like a practicle devise especially for guys with lip splitters.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:17 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Just completed an install on a C5....will post pictures tomorrow...

Thanks,

Jim
Old 06-25-2011, 09:26 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by tooleman
I really want one of these but am waiting to see it install on a C-5. Thanks Jim
Sorry this took me so long....

Some pics of where I put the sensor and complete install here, Curb Alert Installation....here are a few of the pictures, more at the link above.

I will get more pictures up this weekend, just wanted to get you something to give you an idea.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 AM
yaknow
Le Mans Master

Received 222 Likes on 154 Posts

very nice

Get notified of new replies

To Cure for the Common Curb....

Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Buggyman
Racer

What is the approximate installation time for someone opening the box knowing nothing about the unit or install.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Buggyman
What is the approximate installation time for someone opening the box knowing nothing about the unit or install.
Maybe an hour to an 1.5 hours.....Hardest part is routing the wires from the sensor to the cabin. (which not difficult at all, just takes a little time to make it look nice).

Jim
Old 09-23-2011, 10:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Install is pretty simple. You wire it direct to your battery (it is fused). Hardest part is getting the three wires through the firewall....

Installation Instructions Below

Curb Alert Installation Instructions

Curb Alert Calibration Instructions

We have the Curb Alert in stock and with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Quick Reply: Cure for the Common Curb....