Sponsored by:

Clubs in MD

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Z06#1891
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clubs in MD

Hello everyone, does anyone know of a good Corvette club here in MD? I live in Pasadena (about 20 minutes from Baltimore). Thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2011, 02:09 PM
24695bob
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Google Corvete Clubs in Maryland...

I am a past president of the Frederick County Corvette club and just off the top of my head in the Baltimore area there are FREESTATE ..and B-TRIPPLE C Corvette clubs and ANNAPOLIS also has one...

Just form my personal interactions with members of all 3 of these clubs I'd have to give all of them a thumbs up... FreeState is big..sponsors a Weekend in OC every year (when its too damn cold to enjoy the beach ) The B-Tripple C seemed to have a bunch of friendly guys when my wife and I hooked up with them at a Pig Roast a few years ago

I do not know any members of the Annapolis cub ...G-Berg and the Corvette Club of America are both out of Gaithersburg ..maybe a bit far for you to travel...

I'm sure someone one else will have some info for you...

Bob Griffiths
64 72 76 79 88 and 98 Corvettes .. FYI The Frederick County Club meets tomorrow evening (7 ish) at the Cracked Claw in Urbana ...(The off track betting parlor near frederick)
Old 05-18-2011, 03:40 PM
boomkin
Intermediate

I live in Pasadena also (Magathy Beach) and just recently joined the Corvette Club of America. I went with this club primarily because they are active with road courses and autox. In fact we have an autox this weekend.

gary
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 AM
meflyfrc
Melting Slicks

Received 192 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06#1891
Hello everyone, does anyone know of a Google Corvette club here in MD? I live in Pasadena (about 20 minutes from Baltimore). Thanks in advance
I am a member of BTripleC in Baltimore. We have a meet and greet at Security mall every first Saturday of the month starting at 5pm. Stop by. Google Baltimore county Corvette club.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Z06#1891
Instructor

Yeah I'd like to come mingle with some fellow corvette owners. Especially checking out some different clubs and people and events. If they are any events coming up please let me know. I've had the vette almost two years now and would like to be a part of a club and fellowship. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Z06#1891
Instructor

Originally Posted by meflyfrc
I am a member of BTripleC in Baltimore. We have a meet and greet at Security mall every first Saturday of the month starting at 5pm. Stop by. Google Baltimore county Corvette club.
That sounds good, I think I'll take you up on that offer if the weather cooperates.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Z06#1891
Instructor

Originally Posted by boomkin
I live in Pasadena also (Magathy Beach) and just recently joined the Corvette Club of America. I went with this club primarily because they are active with road courses and autox. In fact we have an autox this weekend.

gary
I Gary, do you have any events or meets coming up?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:27 AM
boomkin
Intermediate

We have an autox event at Licoln Tech in Columbia this weekend. There is a class on Sat and the competition on Sunday. I will be there in the morning on Sat working and on Sunday competing. Here is link to CCA website with more info - http://www.corvetteclubofamerica.org/.

Here is my contact info also. Maybe we can hook up on Sun?
gmaul25@gmail.com
443-517-3710
Old 05-20-2011, 09:41 AM
pluslt
Pro

Originally Posted by meflyfrc
5pm on a Saturday at Security Mall? Guess everyone goes strapped?

I'm just kidding. I work in Woodlawn. Had no idea you guys met there. Maybe I'll try and swing out one day.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
pluslt
Pro

Originally Posted by 24695bob
Google Corvete Clubs in Maryland...

I am a past president of the Frederick County Corvette club and just off the top of my head in the Baltimore area there are FREESTATE ..and B-TRIPPLE C Corvette clubs and ANNAPOLIS also has one...

Just form my personal interactions with members of all 3 of these clubs I'd have to give all of them a thumbs up... FreeState is big..sponsors a Weekend in OC every year (when its too damn cold to enjoy the beach ) The B-Tripple C seemed to have a bunch of friendly guys when my wife and I hooked up with them at a Pig Roast a few years ago

I do not know any members of the Annapolis cub ...G-Berg and the Corvette Club of America are both out of Gaithersburg ..maybe a bit far for you to travel...

I'm sure someone one else will have some info for you...

Bob Griffiths
64 72 76 79 88 and 98 Corvettes .. FYI The Frederick County Club meets tomorrow evening (7 ish) at the Cracked Claw in Urbana ...(The off track betting parlor near frederick)
How's the attendance there Bob? I have meetings every other month on the same exact night as the clubs meetings, but I have been considering coming out on the off months. I live about 15 minutes from there.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:49 AM
meflyfrc
Melting Slicks

Received 192 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by pluslt
5pm on a Saturday at Security Mall? Guess everyone goes strapped?

I'm just kidding. I work in Woodlawn. Had no idea you guys met there. Maybe I'll try and swing out one day.
LOL, dependent on which members are there, they are strapped. They are LEOs.
Stop by we have a great time and we are a club that stay busy. Just got back from Hampton VA this past weekend.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Banker Vette
8th Gear

Yet another Vette in the Dena... We really have enough to start our own club! Hope to see you around this summer.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:05 AM
24695bob
Burning Brakes

PLUSLT:

Our meeting are more like BS sessions... we eat...we drink..and we shoot lots of your know what... WE Just relax and enjoy ourselves.. Usually get about 30 members in the winter more in the summer ... on nights where the Vettes can come out

We are more a social club and are NOT affiliated with the NCCC ...and we do not "assign members any club duties ..

Many of us get down to Mt Airy at Jimmy Cones on the Saturday Night cruise inns ...stop by at a meeting and I'll buy you a beer... web page is WWW.FCCC.US

Bob G.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:51 PM
pluslt
Pro

PLUSLT:

Our meeting are more like BS sessions... we eat...we drink..and we shoot lots of your know what... WE Just relax and enjoy ourselves.. Usually get about 30 members in the winter more in the summer ... on nights where the Vettes can come out

We are more a social club and are NOT affiliated with the NCCC ...and we do not "assign members any club duties ..

Many of us get down to Mt Airy at Jimmy Cones on the Saturday Night cruise inns ...stop by at a meeting and I'll buy you a beer... web page is WWW.FCCC.US

Bob G.
I think I'm going to Jimmy Cone tonight actually. I live there so no reason not to. What are you driving?

Last edited by pluslt; 05-21-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 AM
24695bob
Burning Brakes

PLUSit;;;

Not going as I have NOT yet received the approval from my physicians (yes plural) to drive....

I rotate cars (own 6) and I rotate crusie Ins...

Do Hagerstown and Mt Airy every other weekend..(they are on opposite weekends) BUT (Hagerstown is 4 times BIGGER and draws cars from Penna WV as well as Md ...

On questionable nights (will it rain or not) I will do the very small Crusie on the Golden Mile in Frederick

Bob G.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:08 AM
pluslt
Pro

PLUSit;;;

Not going as I have NOT yet received the approval from my physicians (yes plural) to drive....

I rotate cars (own 6) and I rotate crusie Ins...

Do Hagerstown and Mt Airy every other weekend..(they are on opposite weekends) BUT (Hagerstown is 4 times BIGGER and draws cars from Penna WV as well as Md ...

On questionable nights (will it rain or not) I will do the very small Crusie on the Golden Mile in Frederick

Bob G.
Right on. I took my son there last night. He got a real blast out of riding in the Z and hanging out with Dad. Talked to a few folks and had a lengthy talk with member Royal Purple. He's got an '02 Z he just got back from ECS. He and I were thinking about trying to make next months meeting at the Cracked Claw. He lives right there in Urbana and I'm just down the road in Mt. Airy.

Anyway, too bad you couldn't make it. I've gone out to the Frederick Golden Gears before, but they dont' seem to draw a very big crowd (at least not the two times I went). I'll have to look into Hagerstown. Would be a nice cruise up 70.

Get notified of new replies

To Clubs in MD

Quick Reply: Clubs in MD