Sponsored by:

LH Door Lock Problem - Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
dh0765
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LH Door Lock Problem - Help needed

Originally posted in wrong forum. Newbie Anyway, I am having a problem with my drivers door lock. This is on a 1998 C5. The drivers side door will not lock or unlock using the FOB or the switch on the inside door panel. The passenger door and rear hatch work fine. When pressing the lock or unlock button on the FOB or the door switch, I can hear a click inside of the door, but it doesn't lock or unlock. Would this be the door lock actuator? I am asking because I can hear a click in the door, but the locks just don't do anything. As a note, I have the passive turned off on the remote and in the DIC. Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
bettycorvettetey
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LH door locks

Yep, I had almost the same problem with my 2002.I replaced the door lock actuator and that was not the problem it was both relays in the module,but I dont remember where I got them.Narrow your search down in the forum and someone will HELP!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:57 PM
dh0765
Heel & Toe

Hi, thanks for your reply. You said you had almost the same problem. What was different with your situation and the problem I am having. I am just hoping that it is just the relays. Did you buy and replace your relays?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 AM
02koolC5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.ronjpics.com/Corvettestuff.htm

There ya go Newbie.... and welcome to the club
Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
C5at57
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dh0765
Originally posted in wrong forum. Newbie Anyway, I am having a problem with my drivers door lock. This is on a 1998 C5. The drivers side door will not lock or unlock using the FOB or the switch on the inside door panel. The passenger door and rear hatch work fine. When pressing the lock or unlock button on the FOB or the door switch, I can hear a click inside of the door, but it doesn't lock or unlock. Would this be the door lock actuator? I am asking because I can hear a click in the door, but the locks just don't do anything. As a note, I have the passive turned off on the remote and in the DIC. Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.
PM sent
Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 AM
dh0765
Heel & Toe

Thanks to all! Glad I found this forum! You guy's rock!

Get notified of new replies

To LH Door Lock Problem - Help needed

Quick Reply: LH Door Lock Problem - Help needed