Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[PICS] Arizen Racing Seat Mounting Brackets - Awesome Vendor!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Default [PICS] Arizen Racing Seat Mounting Brackets - Awesome Vendor!

All,

I ordered some new brackets from Arizen Racing a couple of weeks ago to change my current Sparco Roadster 2 seats from the factory power rails to manual sliders. Here are my reasons for making the switch:

- Weight, saves 10+lbs over the heavy motors
- Easy entry was finicky and I'd have to re-adjust my seat every time I entered that car!
- Play in OEM power track was MUCH more evident with a solid Sparco seat, shoulder bolster would even touch door panel in turns.
- Manual slider gives about an inch of added headroom so I can now easily wear a helmet in the car. (I'm 6'2)

Well, Friday night while installing them after work I ran into a snag where some holes didn't line up between the slider and the side brackets I already had purchased from Arizen 2+ years ago. I called Arizen a little after 7pm (they close at 5) on a Friday, planning to just leave a message and Mark answered. He stayed on the line with me for over 30 minutes answering my questions and helping me diagnose exactly what was needed to get my seat installed. It turns out he had changed how the side mounts are drilled since I bought them, causing the newer designed slider to not match up. He offered to make me new brackets and arranged to meet me the next day (Saturday, when they are normally closed) so I could exchange the brackets. Luckily he is right near Mohegan Sun, which is less than an hour from my home. I ended up making a day of it, having a great lunch and my GF even won $200 at Blackjack... she bought lunch.

The next day I installed the sliders and everything went flawlessly. They are an enormous improvement over the OEM power tracks. No more play in the seat during hard driving, feels solid as a rock now. I can also more comfortably work the pedals under the steering wheel now at the lower height. The slider itself also works very nicely and is easy to adjust forward and back.

Thanks again to Mark at Arizen for the amazing after hours support and phenomenal customer service!

ps, I was able to sit in the prototype of the new Recaro Pole Position style seat that they are currently developing. Trust me, this seat will be a winner. Easy to get in and out of and even has close to an inch more room for the waist than the already comfortable Sparco Roadster does.

New bucket seat I used to drive the car into the garage on Friday night.

Seat sitting on its new sliders

Sliders mounted in the car

Another pic of the seat mounted in the car on its new sliders

Picture showing the height of the seat

Look how much lower the Arizen mount sits compared to the OEM manual slider on the passenger side!!!

Last edited by BillY2KFRC; 07-18-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:23 PM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks awesome man ...
Old 07-18-2011, 04:10 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Very nice and like the lowered seat
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
BHRZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same seat setup as you in my z and hate the factory sliders and the height how much did the arizen brackets set you back?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BHRZ06
I have the same seat setup as you in my z and hate the factory sliders and the height how much did the arizen brackets set you back?
If you already have their side mounts then it's $199 for the slider. An extra $100 if you need the side mounts.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Steve-O
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

billyy2kfrc,

#1. how much were the seats?
#2. are they comfy enough for that 1 hour drive plus ?

ps. they look great and your car appears to run as good as it looks !!!

Last edited by Steve-O; 07-18-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-19-2011, 07:48 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Steve-O
billyy2kfrc,

#1. how much were the seats?
#2. are they comfy enough for that 1 hour drive plus ?

ps. they look great and your car appears to run as good as it looks !!!
1. I think I paid about $600/seat when I purchased them 2 or 3 years ago. They have sadly been discontinued. Arizen and Caravaggio continue to make seats using this style mold however.

2. I have done 6+ hour long rides in these seats and have never had an issue with comfort, I love them. My commute is nearly an hour each way to work and I am never sore getting out of the car. I like that the seats are wide over the shoulder area and for being buckets without back adjustment, they never make you feel overly confined. Although I do think waist size will be very dependent on comfort levels.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,232 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good looking seat and that is some awesome customer service.

Get notified of new replies

To [PICS] Arizen Racing Seat Mounting Brackets - Awesome Vendor!

Quick Reply: [PICS] Arizen Racing Seat Mounting Brackets - Awesome Vendor!