Sponsored by:

Tella Terra no more

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
ray 5
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tella Terra no more

March 2009 I had Trick Flow heads (3.90 bore) and Yella Terra Ultra 1.7 non adjustable rockers installed. Vengeance Racing VRX camshaft, Comp 928 valve springs, Comp 7.4 hardened pushrods, ASP pulley, Fast 92mm intake manifold and ls2 90mm throttle body had been installed earlier. All work and tuning done by Vengeance.
Tuesday, after several thousand miles, the first Yella Terra rocker failed (cylinder 3). I was on a trip and had the car taken to Chevrolet dealer and picked up a replacement rocker from Vengeance and took the dealer for repair. On Thursday the second Yella Terra rocker failed (cylinder 7) and I had the car towed to Vengeance for replacement of all Yella Terra rockers with OEM rockers with Comp Trunion kit. This is a 2002 one owner car with 70,000miles. It is maintained to the extreme and I do not track or drive the car aggressively.
After reading the posts on continuing failure of Yella Terra rockers and my personal experience, I can not recommend them.
Thanks to Ron and his team at Vengeance the car is running great and the Terror of Yella is no more.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ray 5
March 2009 I had Trick Flow heads (3.90 bore) and Yella Terra Ultra 1.7 non adjustable rockers installed. Vengeance Racing VRX camshaft, Comp 928 valve springs, Comp 7.4 hardened pushrods, ASP pulley, Fast 92mm intake manifold and ls2 90mm throttle body had been installed earlier. All work and tuning done by Vengeance.
Tuesday, after several thousand miles, the first Yella Terra rocker failed (cylinder 3). I was on a trip and had the car taken to Chevrolet dealer and picked up a replacement rocker from Vengeance and took the dealer for repair. On Thursday the second Yella Terra rocker failed (cylinder 7) and I had the car towed to Vengeance for replacement of all Yella Terra rockers with OEM rockers with Comp Trunion kit. This is a 2002 one owner car with 70,000miles. It is maintained to the extreme and I do not track or drive the car aggressively.
After reading the posts on continuing failure of Yella Terra rockers and my personal experience, I can not recommend them.
Thanks to Ron and his team at Vengeance the car is running great and the Terror of Yella is no more.
A-lot of bad stuff are tells from the junk.... I would never have them on my car.... Hate you had all the problems man, but the stock arms will work great for you....Robert

Quick Reply: Tella Terra no more