Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by PHIL MEMPHIS
I have the route 66 with oval tips. I really like it. Not much louder than stock.

Looks like you went with rt66 PRT, the least aggressive. Looks good.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Kimera
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to buy a used set for my 2001 if anyone has a set
Old 06-02-2014, 06:27 PM
vetteguy8
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ctvette2003
Love my PRT's, 402 1-7/8" headers, no cats. http://s827.photobucket.com/albums/z...ent=hehehe.mp4
ctvette2003 can you please tell me how truly loud the PRT compared to the bullets!!, I took out the bullets recently cause it was too loud for me, but I do love billy boat exhaust the way they sound more than anything out there and I have been thinking of the PRT's, but let say im driving below 2000 rpm's how loud is it compared to the bullets?
thank you ! im looking for something kinda quite when im leaving my neighbourhood at least but that sounds great and loud when I floor it!
To be honest if I didn't live in a condo unit with a huge parkade I would have kept my bb bullets as they made my car sound like an F1 car..
I also have the Kooks headers and x pipe, at times I wish I never sold them to a friend of mine ! I kinda regret it in a way but I think id be more interested in the PRT's and would like to chat with someone that has them compared to the bullets at WOT !
And to the seller do you guy ship to Canada?

Last edited by vetteguy8; 06-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:09 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by vetteguy8
ctvette2003 can you please tell me how truly loud the PRT compared to the bullets!!, I took out the bullets recently cause it was too loud for me, but I do love billy boat exhaust the way they sound more than anything out there and I have been thinking of the PRT's, but let say im driving below 2000 rpm's how loud is it compared to the bullets?
thank you ! im looking for something kinda quite when im leaving my neighbourhood at least but that sounds great and loud when I floor it!
To be honest if I didn't live in a condo unit with a huge parkade I would have kept my bb bullets as they made my car sound like an F1 car..
I also have the Kooks headers and x pipe, at times I wish I never sold them to a friend of mine ! I kinda regret it in a way but I think id be more interested in the PRT's and would like to chat with someone that has them compared to the bullets at WOT !
We can definitely ship to Canada! Give me a call at 770-919-1433 if there's anything I can do to help you make a decision.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-09-2014, 08:38 PM
DAVS Y2K
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vetteguy8
Relative to the PRT's, I can provide a little insight. I have an '01 A4 and had the PRT's installed about 6 months after I got the car. A big selling point for me was the talk about minimal cabin drone. At anything other than about 1900 RPM there is minimal drone but at those RPM's, the drone is significant. It's nothing I couldn't live with and have kept them on the car for the last 13 years. Now WOT is another thing. When I floor it I have described the sound as either the space shuttle accelerating off the launch pad or someone opening the gates of Hell. Of course those are just my personal opinions.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Ls2gtoowner
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Billy Boat Exhausts have become one of the premiere exhaust manufacturers for the Corvette. Since 1989 they've been manufacturing and building top of the line exhaust systems, and have always been at the very top of the Corvette exhaust R&D market. Each Billy Boat exhaust is manufactured from the highest quality stainless steel components and is designed with the specific vehicle's exhaust flow and tonal needs in mind. It's this attention to detail, quality, and performance that has made them so popular and that makes us at Southern Car Parts so proud to be your number one source for Billy Boat systems.

All Billy Boat exhaust systems on our website are on sale well below the MSRP price, and we stock most of them for your Corvette ordering needs. We've installed Billy Boat exhaust systems on our Corvettes here over the years, and have consistently been impressed with them. This impression is what has brought us to support and respect their products as much as we do.

All that being what it is, we run in to a lot of questions about the various Billy Boat exhaust systems. Because they make so many different types of exhaust systems, and each one has its own ideal use and Corvette application, these questions typically boil down to which exhaust is right for each customer. To try and help clear up some of the confusion, and to help you decide if or which Billy Boat exhaust system is right for you, we wanted to address the benefits and characteristics of each one.

For the C6 Corvette the Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust is the undeniable favorite, and it has gained a lot of favor amongst the C5 community as well. This system has been so incredibly popular because it, like the stock NPP Exhaust system for the C6 ‘vette, is a true bi-modal exhaust. When GM designed and introduced bi-modal exhaust systems for their flagship Corvette line-up they took the automotive world by storm. These exhausts are brilliant for offering a more tame and quiet driving experience at lower RPM ranges, while also opening up their valves for a wide open roar under more intense, heavy acceleration, and red-line pushing driving conditions. Of course, even with that in mind, the stock mufflers designed by Chevrolet are way too restrictive for the sound most people want and expect out of their small block V8 engine.
The Fusion Exhaust provides that same bi-modal functionality for the C5 now, and does so with a more aggressive and race inspired tone. With the tips closed, the Fusion is quiet and easy on the ears—allowing you to hear the radio or a conversation with a friend with relative ease. The fusion's tone is deepened and cleaner, yes, but it’s not loud; however, when a C5 Corvette outfitted with a Fusion Exhaust opens up, the sound is unmistakable. The Fusion provides a hearty, muscle-car tone when wide open that is similar to the B&B Bullet exhaust, only a little bit quieter. This is achieved through the use of shortened Fusion mufflers that provide a more free-flowing and resonant exhaust.
The Fusion is also a brilliant exhaust because it allows for C5 Corvette owners to final have the bi-modal exhaust as an available option on their vehicle. The bi-modal exhaust has been one of the few major changes that Chevrolet gave to the C6 Corvette that the C5 diehards seem to covet. Billy Boat sells their Fusion with a complete bi-modal upgrade kit that comes with all of the necessary attachments to turn your single mode Corvette in to a vacuum controlled bi-modal machine.
The Fusion is available for all C5 Corvettes. For pricing and ordering information, check out our website here: C5 Corvette Billy Boat Fusion Complete Exhaust System

Video and Sound Clip of the Fusion Exhaust on a C5 Corvette is available here.

For some people, however, the bi-modal exhaust functionality is not ideal. If you're one of those people, then the very original and very clean straight-through exhaust design of the Billy Boat Bullet exhaust may be perfect for you. The Bullet is one of the most, if not the single most, aggressive exhaust systems on the market for the C5 Corvette today, and for this reason has been a perennial C5 Favorite. Designed to optimize exhaust flow for peak performance numbers and the most powerful and throaty exhaust tone, the Bullet is as loud and as powerful an exhaust as there is.
The Bullet utilizes a very classic muscle-car design with straight-through high-flowing mufflers that provide a deep and throaty resonance for a very classic muscle car tone. The crescendo through the RPM range with the Bullet exhaust is one of volume and strength that harkens back to the classic American muscle car age with thunder and bravado; of course, the C5 Corvette-with all of its technological improvements and incredible power numbers-is anything but an old muscle car, and Billy Boat was able to design the Bullet to truly pay tonal homage to the Corvettes of the 60's and 70's, while also still holding true to the modern Corvette's undeniable race pedigree.
For a Corvette enthusiast that not only doesn't mind loud, but rather feeds and thrives off of it, the Bullet exhaust may be perfect for you. If you're not afraid of drone, or of rattling the windows of your neighbor's home when you start your 'Vette up in the morning, then you may want to check out the Bullet.
The Billy Boat Bullet Exhaust will fit all C5 Corvette Models. For more information, as well as pricing and ordering, check out our website listing here: C5 B&B Bullet Exhaust

If you prefer the straight-through exhaust design, but aren't a fan of Cabin Drone or excessive noise like you would expect with a Bullet exhaust, then Billy Boat's newest exhaust design, the PRT System, would be perfect for you. The PRT, which stands for Purge Resonance Technology, is a masterpiece of engineering and design brought to you by Billy Boat. This complete redesigned and reengineered exhaust for the C5 Corvette is the latest in Billy Boat's history of designing powerful exhaust tones with drone control in mind.
The PRT offers a more subdued touring tone at regular driving speeds than the Bullet, with a more race-inspired straight-through tone and design than the Fusion. This results in greater HP and Torque gains across the entire RPM band--Dynos on some C5 Corvettes have reported as much as 15hp, with 11-12hp being a commonly achieved norm. The Purge Chamber technology helps keep the exhaust mellow at cruising speeds but allows it to open up for a very aggressive and powerful tone under more extreme driving conditions that is similar to the Bullet in quality. Where the PRT separates itself from the Bullet, however, is in its minimal Cabin Drone. "Drone" has become a no-no for modern exhausts and a dangerous word around the forum community, we know, and Billy Boat took that to heart when designed this exhaust. For the powerful tone and volume this system puts out, the drone is absolutely minimal. What this gives is a straight-through exhaust that sounds beautifully, and couples perfectly with automatic or paddle shifter Corvettes, as well as those with complete Long Tube header packages.
The Billy Boat PRT Exhaust system will fit all C5 Models. There are four tip styles available for the C5 PRT system, all of which can also be finished in a hand-dipped black satin finish. For more information, pricing, and ordering check out our web listing here: C5 Corvette Billy Boat PRT Exhaust System

Of course, Billy Boat doesn't stop with all of these options either. Each and every Billy Boat exhaust for the C5 Corvette is available with your choice of multiple different tip styles and finishes. These tips are all manufactured from the highest quality polished stainless steel for a beautiful and aggressive visual finish that will match your vehicle's new found tonal and performance benefits. If Polished Stainless Steel isn't your bag, Billy Boat exhaust tips are also now available in hand-dipped Black Satin finish. This provides your Corvette with a very unique aftermarket appearance that, when coupled with an exhaust filler plate or panel, can make for a gorgeous offset look. They also look especially great on blacked-out C5 Corvettes going for the Bat-mobile style.

All Billy Boat Exhausts are also available with a Billy Boat X-Pipe. An aftermarket X-Pipe from Billy Boat will help increase exhaust flow even further by replacing the restrictive and archaic stock H-Pipe design. X-Pipes also work to even out exhaust flow and remove the Deceleration Popping noise that many Corvette owners know and dread. For information on Billy Boat X-Pipes please refer to our website, or give us a call at our office and we can make sure to get the perfect one for your needs.

If there are any other questions you may have about the Billy Boat systems above, or about any other Billy Boat product (or any product we carry here at Southern Car Parts) please do not hesitate to ask. Give us a call at our office at (770)919-1433 and we'll do our best to answer your questions and help you outfit your C5 Corvette as best as possible.

Please click links above for pricing and ordering information.

Thanks,
Dave
Been thinking of going with the bullets always been a borla guys so I am not sure what I want to do yet.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Ls2gtoowner
Been thinking of going with the bullets always been a borla guys so I am not sure what I want to do yet.
We've got both available. :-)
Old 02-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Max Grip
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another happy B&B owner here. I have bullets on my stock 2002 coupe. Starting the car makes me smile every day. They are reasonably quiet if you drive real easy but are loud when you step on it. I love them.

Can you tell me how much louder would my car be if I added headers to it? Would it be significantly louder or just a bit louder? Thanks!!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:01 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Max Grip
Another happy B&B owner here. I have bullets on my stock 2002 coupe. Starting the car makes me smile every day. They are reasonably quiet if you drive real easy but are loud when you step on it. I love them.

Can you tell me how much louder would my car be if I added headers to it? Would it be significantly louder or just a bit louder? Thanks!!
Headers would make it quite a bit louder. Thank you for the write up.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:01 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

If there are any other questions you may have about the Billy Boat systems above, or about any other Billy Boat product (or any product we carry here at Southern Car Parts) please do not hesitate to ask. Give us a call at our office at (770)919-1433 and we'll do our best to answer your questions and help you outfit your C5 Corvette as best as possible.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:24 AM
gilbos440rt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hoping my PRT's ship out today, had an email saying the were expected to ship from the builder on the 8th...finger's crossed! Order #54825 (Awaiting Shipment)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:58 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Hoping my PRT's ship out today, had an email saying the were expected to ship from the builder on the 8th...finger's crossed! Order #54825 (Awaiting Shipment)
I'm at home tonight, but we can let you know tomorrow if you call the office.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:27 AM
gilbos440rt
Instructor

Thanks Dave, you rock!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:10 AM
gilbos440rt
Instructor

Got the Billy Boat PRT's with Speedway tips put on today, Has a nice rumble in the cabin cruzing no drone I could detect at all. roars when you mat it...I mean everyone will know you're coming when you mat it Lol!
Been only a 1/2 day but amazed at how many people have just walked up and commented on the Speedway tips and how they like them, very pleased overall with the sound and looks of the PRT's and Southern Car Parts on this transaction!
Old 01-21-2016, 10:42 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Got the Billy Boat PRT's with Speedway tips put on today, Has a nice rumble in the cabin cruzing no drone I could detect at all. roars when you mat it...I mean everyone will know you're coming when you mat it Lol!
Been only a 1/2 day but amazed at how many people have just walked up and commented on the Speedway tips and how they like them, very pleased overall with the sound and looks of the PRT's and Southern Car Parts on this transaction!

Thank you sir!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:02 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Greekg91
I have been looking at getting the BB Bullet exhaust for my '00 Vette but I am not very tech savvy. If I bought the exhaust as it is and have someone install them, will it still have the same rumble vs. an exhaust system that has headers and everything else?
Bought B&B Bullets for my 99 m6 vert from Southern. Great customer service, quick delivery and rep was willing to spend some time with me on the phone to answer questions. My car is stock with exception of a good computer tune, cai and the bullets. The Bullets went on in 1 and 1/4 hours with absolutely no fitment issues. In my opinion, sounds great! Lots of nice comments. Some light drone in the 1400 to about 1800 range, but not so much you can't converse with a passenger or listen to music. There is some burbling on deceleration which I personally like. Additionally, the Bullets were substantially less than many other offerings. Hard to go wrong with Southern and Bullets!
The following users liked this post:
southerncarparts (03-21-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Old 05-07-2016, 07:23 AM
OldSchoolII
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post a picture of the black satin tips? I've got a silver '99 and have stuck with a black and silver theme. Would like to see what they look like...

Thanks in advance, Craig
Old 05-23-2016, 05:34 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by OldSchoolII
Can you post a picture of the black satin tips? I've got a silver '99 and have stuck with a black and silver theme. Would like to see what they look like...

Thanks in advance, Craig
Next time we get one at the shop, sure. Or maybe someone else who already has one installed will post? That's a system we sell pretty frequently!

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-19-2018, 12:31 PM
thomasrussell
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE THAT A$$!!!!

My PRTs are wonderful!!! I looked at so many Vettes but when I saw this one already had the very exhaust system I was going to buy anyway I jumped at it!

I will be in the market for some Bullets though!!!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Billy Boat Exhaust Systems