C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quik z06 prototype fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 06:46 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Default quik z06 prototype fender flares (lots of pics)

Just received a set of fender flares from quik z06. These are from the first batch. I received this set for test fitment on my coupe. My car is in storage about 30 minutes from where I live and after I removed my old fenders and began test fitment then I realized there were no holes in the new fenders so I couldn't finish testing them. As it stands I can't give an opinion on fit/finish until they are properly bolted up. The pics below are of the fenders hanging loose. If I got time tomorrow I will make my way back to storage, drill the holes, then bolt them up.

Packaging:

Small flaw but shouldn't affect anything

Fender shots:

Remove fenders:

Side by side shot:

Hanging loose:

Possible flaw, but again not bolted down:

Last edited by STALION; 11-26-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:50 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

****kk
What do these cost
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(

Originally Posted by chassed
****kk
What do these cost
Your going to have to ask quik z06. As far as I know when he officially puts them up for sale they will be on a group buy so price will be extremely good. Even at regular price they should be priced competitevely.

Last edited by STALION; 11-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:42 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by chassed
****kk
What do these cost
I'll probably do a few set's for $500 initially. They will also be available in carbon mid Decemeber for about $650-700.

Originally Posted by STALION
Your going to have to ask quik z06. As far as I know when he officially puts them up for sale they will be on a group buy so price will be extremely good. Even at regular price they should be priced competitevely.
Thanks Look's like they came out ok. A few minor issues, but shouldn't be too bad to fix. Can't wait to see them bolt on to see the true fit. I like them though, I think they are a cross between the L5's and TPE's.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:19 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
I'll probably do a few set's for $500 initially. They will also be available in carbon mid Decemeber for about $650-700.

Thanks Look's like they came out ok. A few minor issues, but shouldn't be too bad to fix. Can't wait to see them bolt on to see the true fit. I like them though, I think they are a cross between the L5's and TPE's.

they look good..i might have to change my L5's in a couple of months!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
91GreatWhiteShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like just a few minor things that can easily be corrected.

Pete, are they going to drill the holes out at the factory? It would be great to see them gel coated ready for primer, paint and ready to bolt on.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 PM
FRED HAMBLE
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks like there is some modifications? The one shot of the fender and the trunk leaves a wide gap.

also the rear alignment seems to bow out? Could it be because it wasn't bolted on?

The fenders look Great. Would like to see the imperfections worked out.
Fred
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 11-26-2011, 11:04 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ragtop-yellow
Looks like there is some modifications? The one shot of the fender and the trunk leaves a wide gap.

also the rear alignment seems to bow out? Could it be because it wasn't bolted on?

Fred
So far the only "imperfection" is the spot that I took a close up of on the driver side door, and possibly another spot on the passenger side in front of the wheel well, where it meets the rocker panel...but again I'm not going to say yay or nay until I get them bolted up. Keep in mind that they are just hanging on loose with no screws.

The real PITA will be tomorrow when I have to drill them. Getting them to line up perfectly may be a challenge. But all and all I do like them. quik z06 took the time to listen to forum members, and listen he did. He made the fenders as close as anyone can to what those who posted said they wanted. The fenders are exactly inbetween the hard line of the L5's, and the smoothness of TPE's, and best of all they are half the price! Although I'm holding my opinion until they are on the car properly, what I will say is this...Although it hasn't happened very often, I've heard a few complaints about how others had problems with their fenders needing a lot of prep work because of imperfections. For having the first prototypes of panels I have to say, there are no imperfections on the surface itself. No seams, no pin holes from air bubles, and no indentations anywhere from the mold itself. I even have quik z06's backing if for whatever reason they don't work out since they are prototypes.

Anyhow, I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by STALION
So far the only "imperfection" is the spot that I took a close up of on the driver side door, and possibly another spot on the passenger side in front of the wheel well, where it meets the rocker panel...but again I'm not going to say yay or nay until I get them bolted up. Keep in mind that they are just hanging on loose with no screws.

The real PITA will be tomorrow when I have to drill them. Getting them to line up perfectly may be a challenge. But all and all I do like them. quik z06 took the time to listen to forum members, and listen he did. He made the fenders as close as anyone can to what those who posted said they wanted. The fenders are exactly inbetween the hard line of the L5's, and the smoothness of TPE's, and best of all they are half the price! Although I'm holding my opinion until they are on the car properly, what I will say is this...Although it hasn't happened very often, I've heard a few complaints about how others had problems with their fenders needing a lot of prep work because of imperfections. For having the first prototypes of panels I have to say, there are no imperfections on the surface itself. No seams, no pin holes from air bubles, and no indentations anywhere from the mold itself. I even have quik z06's backing if for whatever reason they don't work out since they are prototypes.

Anyhow, I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks again, and I appreciate you taking the time to get this done. It's always nice to have someone post their own point of view. Once of the main reasons we don't like manufacturing to drill the holes is if they aren't in the right spot it could ruin the whole fender. This way you could adjust them and drill where it's needed.

My main worry with these was having the fit around the door, rear bumper etc line up correctly. These being fiberglass, you have to expect some type of sanding, filling etc as it's all hand laid, but im happy to hear that it's not that bad (at least on this set) In carbon they would be very smooth and really rigid as well. Anyway thanks again and keep us posted.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:15 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 11-26-2011, 11:15 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ragtop-yellow

Fred
Fred,

I am getting the Vert fenders from 209TIME so we will be making those soon as well. Im sure anything we learn from these we can improve on those. However these look to fit pretty well from the beginning.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:29 PM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

$500 initially, wow good price! How wide are they? I will be in the market for fender flares next month hopefully, and I have been looking at L5's because I like them way better than TPE's, but yours look quite attractive.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:53 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by damilleniumboy
$500 initially, wow good price! How wide are they? I will be in the market for fender flares next month hopefully, and I have been looking at L5's because I like them way better than TPE's, but yours look quite attractive.
They are a 2 inch flare Let me know. Thanks
Old 11-27-2011, 08:49 AM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

OK, so if I'm reading the threads correctly the 'vert fenders are still in the works, correct? Will the 'vert fenders work for the FRC/Z06s as well or will we have to wait for you to make a 3rd version of the fenders? They look fantastic soo far.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Looking forward to seeing the pics once they are fully bolted on.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:02 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mre1974
OK, so if I'm reading the threads correctly the 'vert fenders are still in the works, correct? Will the 'vert fenders work for the FRC/Z06s as well or will we have to wait for you to make a 3rd version of the fenders? They look fantastic soo far.
There are 3 different sets of fenders. The Vert fenders technically fit the Z06, but towards the pillar/top area it would be long by a bit. Heres a pic of a Z06 panel on a Vert. It would be easy to mod a Vert fender to fit a Z since it would just be removing material.

Get notified of new replies

To quik z06 prototype fender flares

Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 AM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

There are 3 different sets of fenders. The Vert fenders technically fit the Z06, but towards the pillar/top area it would be long by a bit. Heres a pic of a Z06 panel on a Vert. It would be easy to mod a Vert fender to fit a Z since it would just be removing material.
I didn't know that bit of information. Good to know. So from the sounds of it vert fenders can be made to work for the FRC so it looks much more feesible at this point. I'll keep watching for the vert fenders update. I like what I see so far. These would really set off the rear with the carbon wing I got from you this summer.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mre1974
I didn't know that bit of information. Good to know. So from the sounds of it vert fenders can be made to work for the FRC so it looks much more feesible at this point. I'll keep watching for the vert fenders update. I like what I see so far. These would really set off the rear with the carbon wing I got from you this summer.
Haha we didn't know that either When we made the Coupe fenders is when we found out they are all different. These ONLY fit the Coupe, but as mentioned the Z/Vert fenders will work with a little body work. IMO it would be easier to remove material than add.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:31 AM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm very interested as well. QUIK will these fenders come with pre-drilled mounting locations in the future?

Quick Reply: quik z06 prototype fender flares