Curb Alert C5 Install Video

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Curb Alert C5 Install Video

One of the biggest fears with purchasing the Curb Alert is the installation, folks are unsure how "difficult" the installation is.

To make it easy for Corvette drivers, we just created a Corvette specific Curb Alert install package for the C5 that allows you to do the whole installation within 1 hour. Checkout the video on the page below and you can see the entire installation on a 2003 C5 Z06.

Corvette Curb Alert

This is a Southern Car Parts exclusive Corvette Curb Alert package for the Corvette C5 that has everything crimped and ready to go. Run the wires and plug it in to the fuse box under the passenger floor board and you are off and running.

Just select the Corvette C5 Specific Package when checking out and we will "pre-stage" everything for you prior to shipping so you can install it exactly like in the video.

Video is down towards the bottom of the page....

Corvette Curb Alert Install Video

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

I'll be ordering as soon as I get this repaired.

The nose needed painting when I got the car but it was just chipped up all over. I believe the nose has been painted before because of the way the paint came off. This was nothing but a light kiss on a concrete curb while parking and I was paying attention to the curbing but I have had a really difficult time judging the distance of the front of this car.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

I know what you mean...I have done it also....The Vette (along with other cars) are really hard to judge the correct distance and all takes is one mistake and the cost to repair is one big Ouch.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by f6john
I'll be ordering as soon as I get this repaired.

The nose needed painting when I got the car but it was just chipped up all over. I believe the nose has been painted before because of the way the paint came off. This was nothing but a light kiss on a concrete curb while parking and I was paying attention to the curbing but I have had a really difficult time judging the distance of the front of this car.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 PM
jeffbullock
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tried to install one of these on my dads car. I got it all hooked up and then I couldn't get it to stop continuously beeping while trying to program the set distance. Any advice on how to get it programmed?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:23 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Hi Jeff,

I think you got a bad control module.....A replacement has been sent too you, let me know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by jeffbullock
I just tried to install one of these on my dads car. I got it all hooked up and then I couldn't get it to stop continuously beeping while trying to program the set distance. Any advice on how to get it programmed?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Kevin993
Racer

I'm really interested in buying this. I hate that "crunch" sound as you misjudge a curb and wonder how much damage you caused...

My question is that if I wanted to use the frame rail mounting location would this work with the "frame guard wheels" lots of vendors sell such as this one? Or would it interfere?

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5frame_guards.html

I'm looking to do both of these mods...
Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Sure will....just will need to move the sensor a little to the right to accommodate for the wheels. No biggie though....

Jim

Originally Posted by Kevin993
I'm really interested in buying this. I hate that "crunch" sound as you misjudge a curb and wonder how much damage you caused...

My question is that if I wanted to use the frame rail mounting location would this work with the "frame guard wheels" lots of vendors sell such as this one? Or would it interfere?

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5frame_guards.html

I'm looking to do both of these mods...
Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Baibaikin
Instructor

How Wide is the detection zone? If you mount it on the right radiator support, would it detect anything coming up on the left support?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

about a 15 degree angle....We have mounted them offset on the Corvete several times and it is not a problem, just need to be aware when parking that is you are pulling it at an angle or if it is only half a curb, and the side with the curb is on the side where you did not mount the Curb Alert then you might have an issue.

It is almost like having all the planets align correctly to have an issue with an offset install, but can be an issue and you just half to think of it when parking with awkward situations.

Thanks,

Jim

QUOTE=Baibaikin;1579818141]How Wide is the detection zone? If you mount it on the right radiator support, would it detect anything coming up on the left support?[/QUOTE]
Old 02-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Good product and easy to follow install video... I will be ordering one from you soon!

Wonder if one of these could be installed on the rear as well? Might need a wider angle sensor and more wire (Different Kit)? I find it harder to judge the rear of the car than the front as every night I have to back up to cars right behind me of varying heights.

Could you hook up two sensors to the same unit/speaker?

On second thought, I guess this thing would start chirping at every intersection and drive-thru unless it could sense "reverse" gear.

Of course on third thought, that might be livable?

On further thought, it might actually be nice to know if someone was riding my rear bumper that close, so I could get out and pound them.

I have to quit thinking now.

Last edited by Choreo; 02-09-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:21 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thanks....

yes, can be hooked up on the rear also, but would be two separate installs. there is not a way to connect both into the same speaker or control module..

Originally Posted by Choreo
Good product and easy to follow install video... I will be ordering one from you soon!

Wonder if one of these could be installed on the rear as well? Might need a wider angle sensor and more wire (Different Kit)? I find it harder to judge the rear of the car than the front as every night I have to back up to cars right behind me of varying heights.

Could you hook up two sensors to the same unit/speaker?

On second thought, I guess this thing would start chirping at every intersection and drive-thru unless it could sense "reverse" gear.

Of course on third thought, that might be livable?

On further thought, it might actually be nice to know if someone was riding my rear bumper that close, so I could get out and pound them.

I have to quit thinking now.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
ALLEGRO
Le Mans Master

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

I am interested, but would rather it stay on constantly when it is in range. With loud exhaust, I am concerned that I might miss the three chirps.

Comment?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Sorry, wish it was programmable but it is not....

Three beeps and that is it....They are pretty loud especially if you are parking and listening for them but not a constant tone.

Sorry,

Jim

Originally Posted by ALLEGRO
I am interested, but would rather it stay on constantly when it is in range. With loud exhaust, I am concerned that I might miss the three chirps.

Comment?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Ghost Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,963 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Jim: only installation difficulty I encountered was that my interior fuse box did not have an available, open circuit. The recommended circuit is empty on my car. No big deal, just wired it into the battery tender attachment. Only thing is now when I hook up the battery tender I have to pull the curb alert fuse or the rascal picks up the signal and activates, stealing the charging current.

Thanks for a great product.

Rich
Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Hi Rich,

Just use any occupied fuse slot. Remove the fuse in the slot, put it in the spare slot on the Curb Alert and then plug the curb alert into the open slot. Everything will work just as before along with the Curb Alert.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE
Jim: only installation difficulty I encountered was that my interior fuse box did not have an available, open circuit. The recommended circuit is empty on my car. No big deal, just wired it into the battery tender attachment. Only thing is now when I hook up the battery tender I have to pull the curb alert fuse or the rascal picks up the signal and activates, stealing the charging current.

Thanks for a great product.

Rich
Old 03-29-2013, 11:25 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,963 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Hi Rich,

Just use any occupied fuse slot. Remove the fuse in the slot, put it in the spare slot on the Curb Alert and then plug the curb alert into the open slot. Everything will work just as before along with the Curb Alert.

Thanks,

Jim
Thanks Jim.

Rich

Get notified of new replies

To Curb Alert C5 Install Video

Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just ordered mine! Awesome write up. That's what sold me.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:10 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mattie Num Nums
Just ordered mine! Awesome write up. That's what sold me.
Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Thanks
Just got it yesterday! Amazing package you guys have put together here. Comes with all the zip ties, double sided tape already on, and everything. It looks literally plug and play! Ill give the install a go after work if I haven't had a head banging on desk type of day.

Great service too guys thanks!

Quick Reply: Curb Alert C5 Install Video