Sponsored by:

Pull Key Wait 10 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Jim McElwee
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull Key Wait 10 seconds

After the battery in my 99 ran down, disconnected the battery and put charger on for a charge. Hooked the battery ground back up, drove the car a couple of days no problem. I tried to take car out of garage today and it kept coming up with "pull key and wait 10 seconds". Disconnected the battery again and after that the car ran good. Can you tell me what it was telling me? I did not know how to retrieve the codes. Thanks for your reply.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Bailout13500
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have the dealer run the VIN to see if the Recall for Steering wheel lock has been performed.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Khaalathas
Instructor

from what I understand the recall has expired so its no longer relevant anyways other then knowing if it was done at one time prior or not
Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Bailout13500
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got mine done Saturday at the dealership in Denton Texas.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 PM
onebadmofo
Racer

I had the same problem and a LMC5 module fixed my car. You might want to give them a call.

http://complianceparts.com/index.html
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Ricbear
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadmofo
I had the same problem and a LMC5 module fixed my car. You might want to give them a call.

http://complianceparts.com/index.html
Mine had the recall done sometime back, would have the random 2 mile cut fuel at the wrong time hit me once in a while. After spending 20 minutes under the glove box with the LMC5 and its fixed!
Really easy to install.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Jim McElwee
6th Gear

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I found the battery was not holding enough a charge. Have a new battery in the garage charging at this time.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bailout13500
Just got mine done Saturday at the dealership in Denton Texas.
Originally Posted by Jim McElwee
Thanks everyone for all the replies. I found the battery was not holding enough a charge. Have a new battery in the garage charging at this time.
Since you both have 99's,,Do make it a priority to get an after market CLB (Column Lock Bypass), regardless of wether or not the recall fix was done!! As a matter of fact it is a higher priority if you HAVE had it done since it includes the 2mph fuel cut off now!! Both stick and auto are vulnerable till 01 when the auto's were corrected by the factory. Unless there has been a major improvement in the parts used,,the Factory fix is a ticking time bomb just waiting to strand you out somewhere!!!Before I bought it, mine had been in twice,,and recieved 3 factory procedures. Thought I was safe from any problems,,BUT NOOOOO,,9 months after I bought it it stranded me a mile and a half from home. Installed a CLB,,and 4 years of trouble free motoring,,not even a problem when the battery started giving up. Just a friendly warning!! Do yourself a favor and get a CLB!!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
EDS03VETTE
6th Gear

Originally Posted by itzza427
Since you both have 99's,,Do make it a priority to get an after market CLB (Column Lock Bypass), regardless of wether or not the recall fix was done!! As a matter of fact it is a higher priority if you HAVE had it done since it includes the 2mph fuel cut off now!! Both stick and auto are vulnerable till 01 when the auto's were corrected by the factory. Unless there has been a major improvement in the parts used,,the Factory fix is a ticking time bomb just waiting to strand you out somewhere!!!Before I bought it, mine had been in twice,,and recieved 3 factory procedures. Thought I was safe from any problems,,BUT NOOOOO,,9 months after I bought it it stranded me a mile and a half from home. Installed a CLB,,and 4 years of trouble free motoring,,not even a problem when the battery started giving up. Just a friendly warning!! Do yourself a favor and get a CLB!!
I put the lmc5 and wor for one day I still got the problem im going to try the clb I hope this is it.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:28 AM
gunga68
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EDS03VETTE
I put the lmc5 and wor for one day I still got the problem im going to try the clb I hope this is it.
About the LMC5, you might want to give Richard a call or PM at Compliance Parts. I had a similar issue on my MN6 '99. He did a great job working with me and we finally installed a different version of the LMC5. It's been over 6 months since we installed that version and not one "pull key and wait" message.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Guys, this thread was from last year, lol

...On another note, about the lmc5. YES IT WORKS, but you have to make sure you followed the instruction to a T! Did you only use the lmc5 or did you also use the "unlock kit" required if you don't already have a clb in place!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:59 PM
tjschraf
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Hate to bring up the topic again. I have searched and read quite a bit but I have a question. This happened to me twice today. It was outside in the cold and I think the battery may just be draining a bit. One question is, will this ever leave me inoperable? Both times, I did exactly as suggested on the DIC, "pull key, wait 10 seconds" and was fine to go. I don't want to be stranded.

Also, I already have an LMC5 and the recall has been done. I thought the LMC5 bypassed the recall issues.

It is an 01 z06 if that makes any difference.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:43 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I have the lmc5 as well but occasionally get the message. It is imperative that u let the dic run its gammet about 3 sec. Before you crank the car. Turn switch on let comp. Do its thing and then crank. I called richard about issue, he is a heck of a guy that will help u with this problem.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:05 PM
tjschraf
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bjones7131
I have the lmc5 as well but occasionally get the message. It is imperative that u let the dic run its gammet about 3 sec. Before you crank the car. Turn switch on let comp. Do its thing and then crank. I called richard about issue, he is a heck of a guy that will help u with this problem.
I have spoke with Richard before and will give him a call. He is a heck of a guy.

I also thank you for the help!

Get notified of new replies

To Pull Key Wait 10 seconds

Quick Reply: Pull Key Wait 10 seconds