C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Opinion! Which of these exhausts?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Dave02C5
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Opinion! Which of these exhausts?

Hey guys I have 3 axlebacks sitting in my garage right now with the SLP loudmouth on my car at the moment. Base C5 exhaust which I decided I hated the tips and was wayy too quiet. Stock Ti exhaust and the SLP loudmouth. I drag race a lot and the car isn't my daily driver, although I do drive it a TON to and from work sometimes and most weekends even on nice winter days. IMO the Titanium exhaust is on the quiet side and the SLP is super ridiculous loud, so I'm in sorta a quandary even though I get TONS of compliments at stoplights and gas stations with the SLP. I also don't want to lose ANY power whatsoever.

My mods are BTR stage 3 cam kit/TSP longtubes/no cats/xpipe/volant CAI/160 stat/HPA dyno tune.. 425rwhp SAE with the SLP loudmouth. Best track run was 11.1 @ 125 - 1.54 60' on M/T drag radial II's.

Which of these exhaust would you say sounds the best from these video clips? Lets hear your opinion

PS i know the SLP vid has smoke which was a valve seal issue that I resolved.

Ti Exhaust - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...07038489467019

SLP loudmouth - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater

Last edited by Dave02C5; 03-20-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

After trying a few different options and spending lots of money I went back to the Ti. The Ti is good because it is not restrictive unless you are running big cubes. It sounds great and is light. I also added some DMH cutouts so I can be loud if I want.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Dave02C5
Pro

I find it hard to believe an N/A motor isn't losing any power with the Ti exhaust. From what I've been reading the guys that don't lose much power are running blowers or turbos which apparently makes power no matter what axleback is on there. I'd like to see a before and after dyno with a stock cubed non- FI car.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by Dave02C5
I find it hard to believe an N/A motor isn't losing any power with the Ti exhaust. From what I've been reading the guys that don't lose much power are running blowers or turbos which apparently makes power no matter what axleback is on there. I'd like to see a before and after dyno with a stock cubed non- FI car.
There is a 5 rwhp difference on my car with the cutouts to Ti exhaust. I am making over 500 rwhp with a 383 stroker.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Dave02C5
Pro

any dyno graphs with cutouts open vs closed through stock Ti?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

any dyno graphs with cutouts open vs closed through stock Ti?
I have some somewhere. I use to have them online, but when I lost my web space they went away. Back when I had them installed, the only change besides a few hp on the top was loss of midrange torque with them closed. The cutouts were in a great spot for my exhaust pulse exit where the stock exhaust was not. I am not sure if the graphs are still there, but on some other forums I had posts about the exhaust pulse tuning.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 AM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the Stock Ti mufflers are a bit over-rated on here regarding sound and "performance". Awesome in regards to weight though.

If you've seen them cut open they're nothing special design wise.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey guys I have 3 axlebacks sitting in my garage right now with the SLP loudmouth on my car at the moment. Base C5 exhaust which I decided I hated the tips and was wayy too quiet. Stock Ti exhaust and the SLP loudmouth. I drag race a lot and the car isn't my daily driver, although I do drive it a TON to and from work sometimes and most weekends even on nice winter days. IMO the Titanium exhaust is on the quiet side and the SLP is super ridiculous loud, so I'm in sorta a quandary even though I get TONS of compliments at stoplights and gas stations with the SLP. I also don't want to lose ANY power whatsoever.

My mods are BTR stage 3 cam kit/TSP longtubes/no cats/xpipe/volant CAI/160 stat/HPA dyno tune.. 425rwhp SAE with the SLP loudmouth. Best track run was 11.1 @ 125 - 1.54 60' on M/T drag radial II's.

Which of these exhaust would you say sounds the best from these video clips? Lets hear your opinion

PS i know the SLP vid has smoke which was a valve seal issue that I resolved.
I hated the way my car sounded with the SLP Loudmouth (we have similar mods, except I have heads, intake manifold, and high-flow cats). My first change to the car was to swap for the titanium mufflers, and while I can't attest to whether or not that cost me a couple horsepower, I can tell you that the SLP straight pipes felt about the same weight as the titanium mufflers, the Ti muffs made driving the car much more enjoyable (the Loudmouth pipes DRONE SO LOUD!), and most people LOVE the way the combo sounds.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:26 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Since it's your car, and I don't have to listen to it myself, I say go for the LMs. They sound awesome with your cam, BTW.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 PM
BeaterZ
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My N/A C5Z put down 570 through the cat back and 600 with it disconnected.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:00 AM
r0nd3L
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just swapped from Bullets to Corsa Extreme. Corsa is a lot more livable and is very pleasant to cruise around. On the other hand, Bullets were VERY droney to the point where I wanted to stab my ears out just cruising to work. At WOT, they're both very loud, but I have to say Bullets have better tone in that department, but Corsa is not to be discounted and follows pretty closely.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinion! Which of these exhausts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Opinion! Which of these exhausts?