Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best sounding Catback on a cam'd LS6 with kooks, no cats and x-pipe???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 AM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Bump...
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 AM
6 Shooter
Melting Slicks

Received 1,178 Likes on 661 Posts

Default Corsa Xtreme's

Old 04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

How different are the xtremes from the sports?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

I know the touring mufflers are quiet and the sports are more aggressive. If the extremes are even louder, with no cats or resonators, I'd assume they'd be even more high pitched and raspy than the sports. I'll have to YouTube some clips. Just so hard to get an accurate idea of the sound through computer speakers lol
Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Tastee Twirl
LIFE IS SHORT HAVE FUN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Corsa Xtreme's
Old 04-30-2012, 02:20 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Anyone wanna trade my Corsa sport mufflers for your corsa xtreme mufflers?

Pretty sure neither of them can be bought separately from Catback or axle back systems. My sports were removed from a complete Catback.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Ok... after looking, im pretty sure the xtremes wont work for me. Since they will be going on a CTS-V, i need a straight through 2.5 in/out muffler no longer than 11-11.5" long to leave enough room to have them welded in and adjust everything properly.

Looking like these corsa sports are my only option as far as corsa goes.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

The Corsa Touring is a little quiet....... when your car is stock.

After I went the H/C route I don't believe anyone would call it quite. WOT scares people. Me too, at times.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 AM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Lol! Maybe I should look at the touring mufflers then. Are they any deeper or do they have the same tone... Just less volume than the sports and xtremes?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Corsa's are top quality. And sound good. I have the Corsa x pipe and exhaust, and they sound agressive, but not too loud!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedVetteLT4
Lol! Maybe I should look at the touring mufflers then. Are they any deeper or do they have the same tone... Just less volume than the sports and xtremes?
I would not quantify the sound being deep (like Borla) on a stock motor. I will say that the idle sound gets deep with the right LSA on your cam (i.e. a nice lope).
BTW, I wanted the Borla Stinger deep sound but, I drive to CA ~about every other year and I felt the drone during the trip would be significantly less than fun.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

I hear ya! I was originally going to buy some used b&b bullets to weld in because i liked the volume and the sound outside the car from the clips i've seen on youtube but after reading threads about the horrible drone they have, i figured i better explore my other options. My next choice was going to be the borla stingers. They are deep and throaty but i read that they also drone pretty bad. I had an 03 cobra not too long ago that i put a bassani o/r x-pipe on and borla stingers on it. It had a wicked sound at idle and WOT. Cruising around slow it sounded good too but it had that 1900-2200 RPM range where it got that hollow blatty sound that i hated. It sounded good enough everywhere else that i kept it anyway but i remember the drone on the highway was pretty bad as well. Of course were comparing apples and oranges since that was a mod motor car compared to our LS motors but id imagine a lot of the characteristics would remain the same.

I have always been a fan of corsa exhausts. The quality and finish is outstanding but the price also reflects that. lol The corsa does have that slightly higher pitched sound though. Some love it and some hate it. I've always liked that deep and throaty muscle car sound of the borla but the corsa has definitely grown on me. It has what i would describe as a unique crisp super car tone to it. The lack of drone is def a huge PRO compared to other systems. Im just worried it might end up being a little too high pitched/raspy with LT's, no cats, magnaflow X-pipe and the sport mufflers. But then again, i've heard some vettes on youtube that were running this setup and they still had that crisp corsa tone but it was still nice and deep. I guess i can always give them a shot and change it if i dont like it. Its just so hard to tell how it sounds unless you can hear it in person. Youtube clips all vary based on the quality of the camera used to record the clips and the quality of your computer speakers. lol

I've also been looking at the GHL bullets as of late which might just be my best option. They are nice and loud but still pretty deep even with no resonators or cats with that vicious/crisp sound and they don't drone either. Unless i find a used GHL bullet catback for a good price though, in order to run them, i'll have to buy the 2010 camaro axel back and have it cut to fit.

Last edited by WickedVetteLT4; 05-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM
corvetteandsilverado
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my B&B bullets this is my second vette with this set up. My first 01 coupe had LT's no cats and x pipe and it was deep and loud. The drone wasn't to bad on that car, now I have a 02 Z with a cam. I originally had corsa sport on it but I couldnt stand the raspy high pitch sound even with a cam so I sold them and put the bullets on. The car sounds sick but the drone is pretty intense. The car isnt a DD so its really no big deal for me since it a sunny and 70 car. Here is a quick crappy cell video
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Ghl
Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

The Borla's do have a terrible drone inside the car. Corsa's are hard to beat!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

corvette... Thanks for the clip!! It also linked me to two other clips which im assuming is from when u had the corsa on it. The B&B is def deep and sounds good! I just dont know if the drone is something i can handle or want to have to tolerate on my daily driver since i am on the highway quite a bit. The corsa also sounds nice though i must say. Not as deep but def has a little more crisp tone.

au n egl... Yeah... Im leaning toward the GHL myself. Seems like it might be the best of both worlds...

meadowz... You're right bud. I might have to give these a shot just to see how they sound on my car. If i dont like them, i'll sell them for my money back and go GHL. However... if i can find some used GHL's that i can buy or trade my corsas for... that wouldn't be a bad move either.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:44 PM
corvetteandsilverado
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=WickedVetteLT4;1580700554]corvette... Thanks for the clip!! It also linked me to two other clips which im assuming is from when u had the corsa on it. The B&B is def deep and sounds good! I just dont know if the drone is something i can handle or want to have to tolerate on my daily driver since i am on the highway quite a bit. The corsa also sounds nice though i must say. Not as deep but def has a little more crisp tone.

No problem.. I do have a couple of video's on my photobucket with the corsa on it. I just wasn't a big fan of the raspy sound but after the cam it definitely sounded alot better but the B&B bullets definitely give the car more of a deep sound. For a DD I would go with something with less drone that would definitely get old after awhile. Good luck in your decision post up a video with your choice

Get notified of new replies

To What's the best sounding Catback on a cam'd LS6 with kooks, no cats and x-pipe???

Old 05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Ghl bullets
Corsa indy
Corsa extreme

No drone on the above.

They are the only exhausts that i would own.

Toque
Old 05-01-2012, 04:36 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Corvette... Yeah man, the corsa def sounds much more aggressive with a cam. Even with the higher pitch it just has that vicious tone to it. I'll def post a clip when I get it done. Thanks again!!

Toque... GHL's are what I'd consider my top choice for both the sound and lack of drone. Pretty sure they are the best sounding mufflers I've heard on an LS car. I was looking at the Indy and the xtremes but because I'm putting them on my 05 CTS-V, I have limited space to work with and I need something that is center in/center out. I think both of those mufflers will be too bulky which is why I picked up these corsa sport muffs with tips that were removed from a GTO catback. But I'm really leaning towards posting them back up for sale and buying the GHL bullets and be done with it.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRG976eRdVE

Corsa Sport for me

Quick Reply: What's the best sounding Catback on a cam'd LS6 with kooks, no cats and x-pipe???