Sponsored by:

hvac controls

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 AM
radman98
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hvac controls

I just bought this car and noticed that the passenger side temp control does not work when dialing it. The dial on the drivers side when changing temp does also change the temp on the right side. Also the lights in the control are very dim? Does any one have any advice for me about these problems?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Vettmann17
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The dial on the pass side does not change the temp in the display, all it will do is change the air temp on the pass side about 5-10 degrees (not really sure exactly how much). As far as the lights being dim, it's a common problem that requires resoldering some contacts inside the unit. Search for dim hvac display and you should find the fix for that. As far as the temp controls, it sounds like it's working as it should.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
pinopinopino
7th Gear

I have another problem..... my HVAC head ONLY upon initial engine start it intermittent. It always powers up the backlight (as it should), but it's 50/50 as to whether or not anything comes up in the display. Sometimes it stays that way throughout the entire drive cycle. Sometimes it comes up while driving and everything works again. It is getting annoying cause the last known setting is remembered (i.e. if I had the a/c running on high when I powered down, it would stay that way when I start the engine and the HVAC unit doesn't "wake up".) I searched for recalls on this, but didn't find anything. Anyone experiencing similar issues? I have a 2008 convertible.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Originally Posted by pinopinopino
I have another problem..... my HVAC head ONLY upon initial engine start it intermittent. It always powers up the backlight (as it should), but it's 50/50 as to whether or not anything comes up in the display. Sometimes it stays that way throughout the entire drive cycle. Sometimes it comes up while driving and everything works again. It is getting annoying cause the last known setting is remembered (i.e. if I had the a/c running on high when I powered down, it would stay that way when I start the engine and the HVAC unit doesn't "wake up".) I searched for recalls on this, but didn't find anything. Anyone experiencing similar issues? I have a 2008 convertible.
You're right, that is another problem. You should start your own thread and not hijack someone else's who's looking for different advice. The answers will get confusing for the OP if someone is answering your different problem. Just click on "new thread" and create your own to get your correct answers to your particular question.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 AM
dlind4
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to the DIY thread on the C5 tech area for the HVAC dim display fix. I just did this tonight on mine and now my display is nice and bright. This Forum rocks.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 AM
LS2NSUV
Burning Brakes

As vettmann17 said, the passenger side control does not change the display.

To determine the approximate setting for the passenger you need to set that control in the 12 o'clock position and then set the drivers control to whatever temp wanted for the driver. This automatically puts the passenger setting at this temp as well.

Now you can dial the passenger control plus or minus from the straight up position to approximate what's comfortable for them.

Get notified of new replies

To hvac controls

Quick Reply: hvac controls