Rocker Rails/protectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Rocker Rails/protectors

I had a set of rocker rails on my last C5 that were pretty cool as they had jacking pucks built into them at each end.

I need a set for my current coupe but can't seem to find them on any of the vendors' web pages except CCA and their page says that they are discontinued!!!!

Does anyone sell these anymore?!?!?!?

DSTURBD
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,233 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Not sure if these are exactly what you are looking for, but Elite Engineering sells frame rails that have built in jacking pads.

Here's a link:

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5Products.html
Old 07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Not sure if these are exactly what you are looking for, but Elite Engineering sells frame rails that have built in jacking pads.

Here's a link:

THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!!! Yes, those are exactly what I am looking for and are basically the same thing I had before. It sounds like these have been made a little nicer than the earlier ones with chamfored edges, etc.

Thanks again
DSTURBD
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 PM
slant
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make your own.
I used aluminum
Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by slant
Just make your own.
I used aluminum
I would, but I don't have the tools and access to facilities that I used to have. Plus, these are powder coated.

DSTURBD
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I just had a set arrive today that I found on eBay, took less than an hour to install, and were really well made, I don't know how I've made it without them. Cheap As well.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 AM
slant
Drifting

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
I would, but I don't have the tools and access to facilities that I used to have. Plus, these are powder coated.

DSTURBD
All you need is a drill and maybe a grinder if you want to angle them a bit.
Buy the strips cut to length and bend them by hand.
I did.

And the first time you scrape them the powdercoat is gone
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 AM
slant
Drifting

Originally Posted by skydiven4fun
I just had a set arrive today that I found on eBay, took less than an hour to install, and were really well made, I don't know how I've made it without them. Cheap As well.
Link ?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:25 AM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

All you need is a drill and maybe a grinder if you want to angle them a bit.
Buy the strips cut to length and bend them by hand.
I did.

And the first time you scrape them the powdercoat is gone
Trust me, I have more than enough expertise to do this, I just no longer have the facilities. At one point, I was working as an aerospace machinist for Woodward Governor, doing limited production work. That means that I was doing basically special order work and one-offs that were not regular production.

At this point, I teach school and have a few hand tools. Life (divorce)was a PMS-afflicted bitch for a few years, but that's okay. It's all cool, I like where I'm at and what I'm doing. However, I still have my standards and would rather pay the price for a quality product being manufactured by a practicing and proficient machinist, than to try to cobble something together with the crap I have access to at this point.

If I don't respect them and their products now, then I wasn't worthy of respect when I was doing what they are doing.

That does not mean that a properly motivated individual with the proper tools and facilities cannot produce their own products to the same level of quality and expertise, such as what you are talking about. I know for a fact that there are many out there who do just that as I used to be one of them, just like you. At this point, I just do not have those capabilities and that is okay. I will just get them from someone who does and is producing the same high quality product that I would produce, and be very glad to have it. Truly high quality work is not cheap, nor would I expect it to be.

However, my experience and expertise do allow me to look at a product and tell whether it is crap or not!!!!!

DSTURBD

Last edited by DSTURBD; 07-12-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
slant
Drifting

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
Trust me, I have more than enough expertise to do this, I just no longer have the facilities. At one point, I was working as an aerospace machinist for Woodward Governor, doing limited production work. That means that I was doing basically special order work and one-offs that were not regular production.

At this point, I teach school and have a few hand tools. Life (divorce)was a PMS-afflicted bitch for a few years, but that's okay. It's all cool, I like where I'm at and what I'm doing. However, I still have my standards and would rather pay the price for a quality product being manufactured by a practicing and proficient machinist, than to try to cobble something together with the crap I have access to at this point.

If I don't respect them and their products now, then I wasn't worthy of respect when I was doing what they are doing.

That does not mean that a properly motivated individual with the proper tools and facilities cannot produce their own products to the same level of quality and expertise, such as what you are talking about. I know for a fact that there are many out there who do just that as I used to be one of them, just like you. At this point, I just do not have those capabilities and that is okay. I will just get them from someone who does and is producing the same high quality product that I would produce, and be very glad to have it. Truly high quality work is not cheap, nor would I expect it to be.

However, my experience and expertise do allow me to look at a product and tell whether it is crap or not!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Here you go at A&A Corvette - these are the ones I have! Good price too!

http://www.aacorvette.com/performanc...products_id=90

Thanks,Matt
Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Elite Engineering
Supporting Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. jude Donor '14

We actually manufacture two different styles. One that is fully machined with the Jacking Pad integrated into the aluminum rails and a Hard Plastic version.

Take a look at this link:

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Steve

Click for Elite Engineering
Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I would prefer a particular rocker saver that did not cover the slotted holes in the frame rails.

If & ever you would need to have your car winched for what ever reason, you would still be able to use your slots for the T bar to be inserted.

Same holds true if you would want to trailer your car & use the available frame slots.

With this type of rocker saver, you would still be able to put a jack on to it, all along the rocker/frame.
Just my opinion of course.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
Here you go at A&A Corvette - these are the ones I have! Good price too!

http://www.aacorvette.com/performanc...products_id=90

Thanks,Matt
Thanks for this link as well!! Good price. This just may be where I got my first ones years ago. Not sure though.

Thank you Matt.

DSTURBD
Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Link ?
I got lucky, a gentleman who had just sold his vette had a pair that had never been installed, I was lucky enough to have the winning bid when the smoke cleared.
But they were manufactured by the same company mentioned in the first couple of post and I believe they are fairly reasonable.

Get notified of new replies

To Rocker Rails/protectors

Quick Reply: Rocker Rails/protectors