Notice for my Personalized plates

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Notice for my Personalized plates

I got the notice in today's mail that my plates have arrived at my local DMV. I will go pick them up in the morning, but it is still a bittersweet situation. With my previous '99, my plates were what you see in my avatar as that name was given to me by my friends as I have posted a few times here.

When I finally got a 'Vette again, I immediately applied for my plates again, hoping that no one would have had the same idea. No such luck!!!

I will pick them up tomorrow and be glad to have them (DSTRBD), but it just isn't the same!!

It's like having a confirmed date with Scarlett Johanson, but when you get there, it's just her manniken and not really her!!

It may look kinda the same, and convey the same message, but it just IS NOT THE SAME!!!!!! Yes!! I am whining!! And I feel totally justified in doing so!! It was intellectual property, and it was mine!!!!! Tell Mark Twain that Huck Finn isn't his anymore 'cause someone else used it while he wasn't looking!!!!!!!!!

WHEW!!!!!! I am much better now. That was quite cathargic!! However, I will always miss my capital letter "U"!!

Whoever you are out there somewhere in Colorado, you have MY plates and kharma wil rain misfortune down upon you for this transgression!!!!!

Where is my medication?!?!?! Where is my medication?!?!?!? Someone please give me my medication!!!!!!! I think I may just need it?!?!?!?

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

It was just supposed to be funny guys.......Oh well, Adam Sandler I'm not.

(But I still want Scarlett!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! She is so the SH$T!!!!!!!)

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 08:06 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

There there, it'll be ok......

I oredered a set of plates a few years ago, they get delivered to my house, then I have to go to the MTO (DMV) and buy the sticker....got FNCOOL1A..but was denied the sticker when I went to get it 'cause some one some where on a committee thought it was offensive....

I'm sure you're just as DSTURBD as you always were!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:12 PM
olbear1962
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

People are SOO inconsiderate these days ..........

Am glad we could help you share your burden DSTURBD ........
Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by dankhts
There there, it'll be ok......

I oredered a set of plates a few years ago, they get delivered to my house, then I have to go to the MTO (DMV) and buy the sticker....got FNCOOL1A..but was denied the sticker when I went to get it 'cause some one some where on a committee thought it was offensive....

I'm sure you're just as DISTURBD as you always were!
That's just seriously messed up man!!!! If they manufactured them and issued them, then they should be obligated to honor them!! By the way, I think they are way cool, and you should be able to fly them!!

Oh well.......Church Ladies are out there everywhere!!!!!! (SNL Church Ladie, back when SNL didn't SUCK) Used to watch Belushi and Ackroid every single week!!!!!!!!

And...thank you very much sir......I'm sure you are right that I am just as DISTURBD as ever!!!!! Don't tell anyone, but it escalates with age!!!!! SSHHHHHH! It'll be our little secret!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
mxz800
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Maine, vanity plates come in the mail here. The taxes I had to pay on the car they should be hand delivered. I had to wait 4 weeks for my "74-VETTE" plate. I'm now waiting for my "9T8 INDY" plates to arrive.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Thank you all so very much for your words of encouragement!!!!! My goodness, I feel like I am at the Oscars!!!! Nevermind my medication!!!......Has anyone seen Scarlett!!!!!....Is she here somewhere?!?!?!?.....I know she is looking for me!!!!!!! Scarlett!!!! Where are you darling?????????

Wait a minute!!!!! Why can't I move my arms or legs?!?!?!? These straps are called what?!?!?!? Restraints?!?!?!?! Why are these hooked up to me?!?!?!?!

My reality seems quite different from what I imagined!!!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 PM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't wanna add a thunderstorm to the rain on your parade, but I think you need to start signing your posts as "DISTRBD" instead of "DSTURBD"

Old 07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by mxz800
I live in Maine, vanity plates come in the mail here. The taxes I had to pay on the car they should be hand delivered. I had to wait 4 weeks for my "74-VETTE" plate. I'm now waiting for my "9T8 INDY" plates to arrive.
I feel your pain sir. Actually, when you get the acceptance notice for your plates here, they say that it will take up to ten weeks to manufacture and deliver to your local DMV. I must have timed it right as mine came in about four weeks!! The waiting is the hard part 'cause by then you know whether you got what you wanted or not. Now you just gotta wait until convicts get around to puttin' it out!!! I have to think that they liked my idea!! Maybe that wasn't totally PC, but neither am I so, oh well!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Chilliwack vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Glad this session hepled you.
That will be $75 at the front desk.

NEXT PLEASE!....
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by PhysicsDude55
Don't wanna add a thunderstorm to the rain on your parade, but I think you need to start signing your posts as "DISTRBD" instead of "DSTURBD"

Actually, I understand totally what you are saying, but in a much earlier post I was asking members whether or not I should go ahead and pay the money for DSTRBD as opposed to the DSTURBD that I used to have. Everyone said, yeah, go for it!!! But I also said that even if I took the concession on my plates, I am, and always will be DSTURBD here where others understand the love of Corvettes and just why they are so very important!!

My plates may be a lie, but I assure you that I am not!!!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
I feel your pain sir. Actually, when you get the acceptance notice for your plates here, they say that it will take up to ten weeks to manufacture and deliver to your local DMV. I must have timed it right as mine came in about four weeks!! The waiting is the hard part 'cause by then you know whether you got what you wanted or not. Now you just gotta wait until convicts get around to puttin' it out!!! I have to think that they liked my idea!! Maybe that wasn't totally PC, but neither am I so, oh well!!!!

DSTURBD
Here in Cali you can find out in 5 min. if you can get the plate you want as it is done by computers here. They have one thing that can take 10 days if the Computer cant kick it out they have the Church Lady denie it. I dont know about Colo. but here in Cali the Convicts dont make them anymore. They have a Private Company make them now here. As for Scarlet she is here with me for the time being I just told her that you were looking for her and she just said hang on I'ma coming. lol

Pops
Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Chilliwack vettes
Glad this session hepled you.
That will be $75 at the front desk.

NEXT PLEASE!....
Chilliwack!!!!.....Thank you so very much sir!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!! So much so that the check is already in the mail!! With a nice little gratuity for you, sir, I must say!!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by BOUT X
Here in Cali you can find out in 5 min. if you can get the plate you want as it is done by computers here. They have one thing that can take 10 days if the Computer cant kick it out they have the Church Lady denie it. I dont know about Colo. but here in Cali the Convicts dont make them anymore. They have a Private Company make them now here. As for Scarlet she is here with me for the time being I just told her that you were looking for her and she just said hang on I'ma coming. lol

Pops
That's why I said I was probably being very politically incorrect as I bet you are correct about the situation here as well!! I was just trying to be a little humorous. It's all in good fun!!

Now, down to the serious sh$t!!!!!! Let my Goddess go!!!!!!! Send her my way!!!!!! And thank you very much for realizing that she is more than enough for any one man!!!!! I will do the same when the time comes!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 PM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
That's why I said I was probably being very politically incorrect as I bet you are correct about the situation here as well!! I was just trying to be a little humorous. It's all in good fun!!

Now, down to the serious sh$t!!!!!! Let my Goddess go!!!!!!! Send her my way!!!!!! And thank you very much for realizing that she is more than enough for any one man!!!!! I will do the same when the time comes!!

DSTURBD
all in Good fun by the way she has left the building and on her way to Colo. be good to her
Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by BOUT X
all in Good fun by the way she has left the building and on her way to Colo. be good to her
Thank you so very much sir!!!!! I can only hope that she will never want to leave!!!!!

Hey, when I dream, I dream BIG!!!!!!!! It got me five different 'Vettes didn't it??????

Thanks for the fun guys!!!!! I really enjoyed it!!!! And all kidding aside, Scarlett is absolutely a true and genuine Goddess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Glad you got that off your chest.

Get notified of new replies

To Notice for my Personalized plates

Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Glad you got that off your chest.
Thank you sir!!!! Yes, I do feel better!!!! Now then, who got me the refill on my medication?!?!?!?!?

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

My sincerest thanks to everyone who posted to this silly thread!!!!! It was meant to be nothing but fun for any who read it!!

I will pick up my plates first thing tomorrow, and will always miss that capital "U" but oh well, at least it's not cancer (yet anyway)!!!!!

What we do here is supposed to be fun!! And if it's not, then we're doing something wrong!!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I am kind of to the point that I really don't care for vanity plates. I am thinking about not renewing mine.

Quick Reply: Notice for my Personalized plates