C5 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C5 products, services and promotions.

Cool Product for your C5!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Default Cool Product for your C5!

Is your C5 ready for the heat?
Hot weather is coming and maybe you have thought about getting a CoolIt High Speed Fan Controller but weren’t sure how well it would work. Now that we have sold quite a few of them we have been able to collect some feedback from some of our CoolIt customers for you. Here is what they said.

“Installed mine this morning. Here's my comments:
First of all the delivery time was great. Only 4 days.
Upon opening the package I could see that this was a real quality manufactured product. Having many years background in electro/mechanical manufactured products, I could see that this was not junk.
Easy installation. It only took me half an hour to install it this morning (15 minutes of that time was trying to find the 10mm nut from the ground screw that I dropped under the car).
Turned the key on and pushed the button & it worked great. Took it out into traffic, let the temp get up to 220 and pushed the button. Temp started to drop.
My hat's off to you guys for a great product at a good price.
Thanks! “

Dave Andel

"I have been running this setup for a few months and no problems at all. I live in Florida and in stop and go traffic a lot. I enjoy the car much more not seeing my temps rise when in traffic. Easy to install and recommend it to anyone who would like to stop checking there temp gauge and just enjoy the ride."
Pewter2000C5Vert

I installed my V3 this morning and went out and tested it this afternoon. Warm weather today (mid 70's) in southern Az. so the radiator temp got to around 198 in city driving. I turned on the fans with the remote and the temp was soon down below 180. I also checked and fans when switched on via the Cool-It do continue to run above 35mph.
Nice product and looks like factory. Does what you say it will do!!!! Install is very neat and professional. I recommend it.”

8VETTE7

I installed my V2 version yesterday, easy install and was very impressed with the quality of the cabling and components, best of all it works great just as advertised!”
tak06

I have one of these on my car and can tell you it makes a big difference. I took my car to Thunder Hill last year and this little gem allowed me to keep my temps low between runs.
Works like a champ and these guys stand behind everything they sell (I also run their FANGS on my C5Z).”

flynbyu2

I ordered the Cool It harness from SacCityCorvette (they're in California) and I received it in 2 days (I'm in OKC). Really surprised that it got here so quick, but after what I'd read about SacCity, it seems to be more the norm than unusual. It was literally a 5 minute installation. I watched the install video prior to receiving the unit, so when it arrived, just popped the hood, removed the 2 components in the fuse box (#43 and #15), plugged the Cool It unit in, hooked up ground and was all done. Works awesome! Well done SacCityCorvette. A great quality product with great ease of use!! Highly recommended my Corvette brothers and sisters.
CactusCat

Ordered and received the coolit v3. I have to say it was the nicest made and easiest installed product I have bought from any vendor yet. Quality construction through and through. Directions on website clear. It was actually a relief to be able to buy and install a product without just A LITTLE TWEAKING to make it fit or work. Would wish they made more quality products!!
jfernandez98

That’s why you should have a Cool It!
This is SacCityCorvette’s latest version of the CoolIt v2 and v3 Remote High Speed Fan Controller for your 1997-2004 C5 and C5 Zo6.

Now you can control your C5 Corvette's radiator high speed cooling fan with the simple push of a button on your wireless FOB, allowing you to control your radiator coolant temps. Now there is no need to pay for an expensive tune to change your fans on/off temperatures or to run your A/C to cool the engine, which also includes unnecessary wear and tear and fuel mileage loss.
The CoolIt v2 and v3 now run on their own circuit and will not interfere with the normal computer controlled operation of your cooling fans.
When you turn your Vette off, the CoolIt automatically turns off, so you don't have to worry about the fan staying on and running the battery down.

Installing the CoolIt v2 and v3 is a very simple, five minute, plug and play installation (see our online installation video). After you install the CoolIt v2 or v3, you will be able to turn on the right side cooling fan in high speed mode using a wireless FOB. This makes it perfect for when you are at the track and you want to cool down between runs, stuck in traffic, or idling in parades.

Have a Automatic Transmission? Because your transmission fluid runs through a cooler in the radiator, the CoolIt will even help keep your transmission running cooler too. By keeping your A4 cooler, the fluid won’t break down as fast, O-Rings and seals will last longer, and it will shift better. Maybe you have noticed that your transmission shifts better when it is cool compared to when it is hot. Especially sitting in traffic where A4 can really build heat! Remember, heat kills Automatics!
Only $119.95
Watch our installation video and see how easy it is to install the Cool It!
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/Cool-it--v2-insll-video.html

Here is a link with more detailed information and how to order!
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/COOLITv2.html

Also available is the New Hard Wire Coolit! It operates just like the Wireless Coolit but, instead of a FOB to turn it on/off it uses a switch and LED that you mount where you like. The LED shows you when the fan is running.
Only $119.95
http://hstrial-saccitycorvette.homes...ireCoolit.html

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!

Last edited by SacCityCorvette; 03-10-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM
swpowell
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool - will try and order one this afternoon.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Hi swpowell,
It is a Cool thing to have!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:11 PM
DDaaryl
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 395 Posts

The only mod I ever made on any of my eight corvettes was adding a Hurst shifter to my 1968 when even the local Chevy dealer couldn't fix the stock shifter. With some hesiation, I'm thinking I may want this one because in traffic, my temp climbes to 230 and I get prepared for steam. When I turn on the A/C it actually drops a bit so this may correct that problem. I just wonder now if the original relay device on my car is defective. A few months ago I found a plastic bag wrapped around the fan blades and a blown 30 amp fuse. What does it cost to replace the original factory control relay? Anyone made this mod and want to sell the original one?

Last edited by DDaaryl; 01-11-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Hi DDaaryl,
If your fans are coming on, then the relay should be ok. The fuse blew to protect the fans and relay.

The CoolIt works great in traffic.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,706 Likes on 1,668 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

I was excited to see this controller as I'm having heat problems with my 98. Then I read this:
Note: The Cool It v2or v3 will not fix existing over heating issues!
Doh!

When I turn on the A/C it actually drops
In my car, using the air conditioner raises my engine's temperature.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Hi knewblewkorvette,
The Coolit only allows you to turn you fan on anytime you want. If you your fans arent working or your cooling system has issues the Coolit won't fix that. Check and make sure the front of you radiator is clean. C5's vacuum the road as you drive and you may have picked a plastic bag or leaves or what ever.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Originally Posted by SacCityCorvette
Hi knewblewkorvette,
The Coolit only allows you to turn you fan on anytime you want. If you your fans arent working or your cooling system has issues the Coolit won't fix that. Check and make sure the front of you radiator is clean. C5's vacuum the road as you drive and you may have picked a plastic bag or leaves or what ever.
Ah, I interpreted the sentence on your web site wrong, my bad.
I do clean the radiator often. Here is a pic of my 02's last I cleaned it.

My 98 is highly modified and when the weather is hot and I use the A/C, she'll overheat. She already has a LG Motorsports Hi Capacity Aluminum Radiator ad Oil Cooler and hood is vented.

She'll be in storage two more months but when I do get her out, I'll probably purchase your CoolIt to see if it'll help. Thanks and sorry for my error
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

That's a good looking engine knewblewkorvette!

Last edited by SacCityCorvette; 08-21-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
stevegray04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Our club participates in several parades during the summer months here in the Chicago area. I will definitely be ordering this kit when the weather gets warmer (I'm not doing this with frozen fingers in an unheated garage). I watched your video and I will watch it again before I do the installation. I'll also check the relay orientation to be sure I order the right one.

Last edited by stevegray04; 01-30-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 AM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

'23-'24

Originally Posted by SacCityCorvette
That's a looking engine knewblewkorvette!
Thanks! At the time of the picture the blower was at 6.5 psi. I currently run 8 psi and that bumped the engine up from 800 HP to 905 HP.
Like I said earlier, we'll probably be doing some business come Spring time. Til then
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Thats some good power!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 AM
stevegray04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Then the newbie said "Sure wish I knew what "ttt"means.".
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by stevegray04
Then the newbie said "Sure wish I knew what "ttt"means.".
Funny, I asked the same thing when I was a newbie!
It means "To The Top"
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Cirrus8
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

I am waiting for a "SPECIAL". Are you planning one?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

If you have an automatic trans, you can keep the fluid and trans cool by running your radiator cooling fan, because the fluid runs through a cooler in the radiator.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM
black match box
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Bought mine 2 wks. ago and instaled it last wk. the easiest instal that I ever did and it works great. shipping was fast, the only problem was that the tape did not stick, but I had some 3m tape and used it to mount the little black box. other than that everything was fine thank you scc. will do business again. GINO

Get notified of new replies

To Cool Product for your C5!

Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Cirrus8
I am waiting for a "SPECIAL". Are you planning one?
Hi Cirrus8,
Sorry I missed your question. No special for a while. Usually end of year holiday season.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:44 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by black match box
Bought mine 2 wks. ago and instaled it last wk. the easiest instal that I ever did and it works great. shipping was fast, the only problem was that the tape did not stick, but I had some 3m tape and used it to mount the little black box. other than that everything was fine thank you scc. will do business again. GINO
Hi Gino,
Not sure why the tape didnt stick. We use 3M VHB (Very High Bond) tape. Did you clean the surface good with the alcohal pad? Just curious, we want to make sure the tape isn't defective. Your the first that we herd from that had a issue with the tape.
Thanks,
Christian
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 AM
wolf10851
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was up in Tahoe about a month ago (after only owning my Vette for about 2 months) and coming up the kingsbury grade I noticed my temp start to rise! then I got stuck in weekend traffic going through Tahoe well I got REAL nervous at seeing my temp around 225 and peaking up to 230! considering it is an aluminum block and red line on the temp gauge is 260 I was real scared that there was something wrong with my Vette! Well come to find out this is normal behavior for a Vette put my mind at ease about something being wrong with it however having only a 30 degree margin before red line is still too narrow of a margin in my book.

So after getting home I contacted these guys at SacCityCorvette and talked to them about the CoolIt that they have. I told them about my situation up in Tahoe and they also confirmed that this was normal for a corvette and they agreed that the margin was too narrow which is why they designed the CoolIt. I figured that if the product worked like they said it would be cheap insurance and keep my car running cool especially since Sacramento gets so dang hot in the summer.

So here is my review on the CoolIt.
First off buying it from them.
They were great to workwith I met up with them after work and actually I planned on installing it there at their place but that didn't happen because we got too busy talking! REAL NICE FRIENDLY GUYS who you can tell love Corvettes as much as the rest of us do!
Installation
OMG you can't get much easier! it is simply pull out a fuse and a relay tuck up a couple of wires take off ONE nut then put it back on and notch your fuse cover. REAL SIMPLE! the only issue I would say with the install of this product is the piece of double sided tape on one of the remotes is too small (Sorry guys but I do got to be honest) I put a little bigger piece of tape on my remote and it looks great where I have it (next to the traction control button) So bottom line on the install my ONLY gripe is put a little bigger piece of tape on the remote
Function
so I have had a chance now to drive with it in several conditions now. On the freeway I don't even bother turning it on my Corvette stays cool enough with out it. On city streets especially in lots of stop and go driving I LOVE this thing! A couple of times I have forgotten to turn it on and I noticed my temp at between 210 and 220 so I hit the button on the remote and watch that baby cool down! with the unit on is seriou8s stop and go traffic my Corvette runs around 180 degrees! Way better than the stock temp of around 220 to 230!
Over all impression of the unit..........GREAT! It works PERFECTLY as advertised! I couldn't be more happier with it! for 100 bucks it gives me GREAT piece of mind and is a VERY cheap insurance policy for the temp on my Corvette.

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Cool Product for your C5!