Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

posted
Old 02-28-2016, 03:11 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrockk
I'm the first in mass.
Hey Rock! I'm originally from East Longmeadow! Lived in Westfield for a long time! Ran a business in Westfield for many years....U-File Discount Document Centers on Elm St. Moved down here to NC 10.5 yrs ago! Love the weather and can drive my vette through the winter most days, so long as no rain or sometimes flurries! Ever down this way, look me up!! Will take you on some really nice curvy roads around Lake Lure! Beautiful place!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 03:14 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by calvins
Change activity:

03/13/15: Updated map link for the changed URL - Thanks for the heads up raff!

06/16/13:
Beginning 06/24/14 any map marker that does *not* contain a C5 forum member id will be deleted. The purpose of the map is to show the general location of members or vendors. For example, a marker labeled: calvins - resident PITA would be acceptable however resident PITA would be deleted.

06/12/13: Before we get to the map, I urge all new, and old for that matter, folks to *please* fill in your profile. General location (City, St), year and kind of car/cars, mods, etc. That information isn't to be nosy, but help upfront when you ask question about the car, where may be a good place to have xyz service done, possible mods, etc.

01/10/15
: A software change has made it not possible for a member to change or delete their marker without also having the capability to change anyone elses markers. That could get messy so if you want changes made you can let me know what the current marker name is and what the changes are and I can make them. Or you can simply ask me to remove the marker and you can re-enter it. You can PM me or email me at 03bluecoupe@gmail.com Remember - all markers MUST have your forum id clearly in the marker name or they'll be nuked.

If used as intended, this could become a useful tool for folks who are going to be traveling. It would allow people to see who lives along their route that they may like to visit, aid in get-togethers, etc.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=564057

To add a marker - go to the Additions tab and there are two marker options, Simple and Detailed. Which one is used doesn't really matter, it's just how much info you want to share. If you screw something up and put it in the wrong place, you can delete it by hovering over the marker and selecting the red x on the lower right of the popup window. If you want to change any of your info after the marker is there you can simply by clicking on your id in the marker popup. If you hover over the blue marker in NY, you'll see my ugly puss there. So you can do images but they aren't required. You can change your own marker, delete it, whatever/whenever you want to. When placing markers, you can specify a Town/City level but if multiple people are in the same city, I'm not sure how the site would handle that. You can use the mouse pointer to select a location too so getting to your general area, but not too specific, may be a good idea. Your call. You can place markers at the house level if you're nuts enough to do that. Once you place your marker, you can drag/drop it if you don't like the position. If you look at my marker (in NYS), it's in the area that I live but you won't find my house from it. If you wanted to you could go right to your address level, but I personally wouldn't recommend that.

Map marker names MUST CONTAIN YOUR FORUM NAME or the marker WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Please include your forum handle and/or email so that if there are issues I can get ahold of you by pm or email. Otherwise, there's not much choice other than deleting the marker.

You can select a marker and use the get directions function. It invokes Google maps and lays out a potential route.

I left it pretty much open as the site isn't published anywhere other than here so we shouldn't get bothered and as long as "strange things" don't start happening I'll leave it open. If strange markers start showing, peoples markers start getting changed or something like that then I'll have to lock it down and require admin moderation which would be a big PITA so please, don't screw around with it, just use it as intended.

I didn't program it so don't shoot the messenger. There may be a few bumps in the road but hopefully it will become useful over time.
That is wonderful! Great to know who lives near you with a vette!!
The following users liked this post:
calvins (03-05-2016)
Old 03-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Sea Vette
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

So I moved from Mississippi to San Diego. Can someone delete my old mark in southern Miss?
Old 03-13-2016, 05:05 PM
calvins
Safety Car

Received 246 Likes on 111 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Sea Vette
So I moved from Mississippi to San Diego. Can someone delete my old mark in southern Miss?
Yup... done. Good luck in San Diego! Hope the "big one" doesn't hit.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:23 AM
yngbld32
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Was a lurker until I pulled the trigger on an 02 coupe...Birmingham,AL. area
Old 04-01-2016, 09:36 PM
hammerdown1953
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to be added.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:32 PM
calvins
Safety Car

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by hammerdown1953
I would like to be added.
Go for it then. You've gotta do it yourself.

Instructions are in post 1.

Be sure to include your forum "name" in your marker name or it will be deleted.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Tillrodsfly49
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CindysC5
Hey Rock! I'm originally from East Longmeadow! Lived in Westfield for a long time! Ran a business in Westfield for many years....U-File Discount Document Centers on Elm St. Moved down here to NC 10.5 yrs ago! Love the weather and can drive my vette through the winter most days, so long as no rain or sometimes flurries! Ever down this way, look me up!! Will take you on some really nice curvy roads around Lake Lure! Beautiful place!!!
Enjoy your southern weather. My family and I moved up to Southampton, MA for work from Ocala, FL. Working in Westfield, MA. Though we'd like a little more time to drive (winter), we love it up here. Great weather most of the time nice for top down driving.
CindysC5 (04-16-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 08:58 AM
calvins
Safety Car

Oldtimer

To the person who continually enters a marker with the name "Anonymous" from Gary, Indiana.

There is a userid "anonymous" on the forum, it was a one time joke entry apparently that was left intact.

I keep deleting your marker and you insist in continually adding it back in with the "Anonymous" marker name.

The terms of the map CLEARLY state multiple times that forum markers MUST include your forum name/handle or they will be deleted.

I get notified of all entries put on the map and I check them all out. You won't win this so please do me a favor, if you want a marker use your forum handle and quit wasting my time.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:38 PM
scharon71
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Casa Grande,AZ in the house
Old 04-16-2016, 10:00 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Great to see almost twice the amount of markers since I last looked a couple months ago! Way to go Calvins!
calvins (04-17-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 08:41 AM
calvins
Safety Car

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by CindysC5
Great to see almost twice the amount of markers since I last looked a couple months ago! Way to go Calvins!
Amazes me there's so many markers. When I originally asked if anyone would use it the overwhelming answer was "no".

Old 05-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Roman 1
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm on, glad to see others in my area of Kansas City!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:29 PM
sloopdawg
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 132 Posts

I'm added as well
Old 06-04-2016, 09:34 PM
C5blk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just added marker South Mississippi Gulf Coast
Old 06-05-2016, 03:35 PM
tondelayo
Intermediate

I'm in, Los Angeles, CA area!

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Owners Location Map Available

Old 06-05-2016, 03:37 PM
tondelayo
Intermediate

Default Any chance we could get approved vendors & shops to show their locations on the map?

It would be very useful to me as a new owner of a 2003 C5.

Originally Posted by calvins
Change activity:

03/13/15: Updated map link for the changed URL - Thanks for the heads up raff!

06/16/13:
Beginning 06/24/14 any map marker that does *not* contain a C5 forum member id will be deleted. The purpose of the map is to show the general location of members or vendors. For example, a marker labeled: calvins - resident PITA would be acceptable however resident PITA would be deleted.

06/12/13: Before we get to the map, I urge all new, and old for that matter, folks to *please* fill in your profile. General location (City, St), year and kind of car/cars, mods, etc. That information isn't to be nosy, but help upfront when you ask question about the car, where may be a good place to have xyz service done, possible mods, etc.

01/10/15
: A software change has made it not possible for a member to change or delete their marker without also having the capability to change anyone elses markers. That could get messy so if you want changes made you can let me know what the current marker name is and what the changes are and I can make them. Or you can simply ask me to remove the marker and you can re-enter it. You can PM me or email me at 03bluecoupe@gmail.com Remember - all markers MUST have your forum id clearly in the marker name or they'll be nuked.

If used as intended, this could become a useful tool for folks who are going to be traveling. It would allow people to see who lives along their route that they may like to visit, aid in get-togethers, etc.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=564057

To add a marker - go to the Additions tab and there are two marker options, Simple and Detailed. Which one is used doesn't really matter, it's just how much info you want to share. If you screw something up and put it in the wrong place, you can delete it by hovering over the marker and selecting the red x on the lower right of the popup window. If you want to change any of your info after the marker is there you can simply by clicking on your id in the marker popup. If you hover over the blue marker in NY, you'll see my ugly puss there. So you can do images but they aren't required. You can change your own marker, delete it, whatever/whenever you want to. When placing markers, you can specify a Town/City level but if multiple people are in the same city, I'm not sure how the site would handle that. You can use the mouse pointer to select a location too so getting to your general area, but not too specific, may be a good idea. Your call. You can place markers at the house level if you're nuts enough to do that. Once you place your marker, you can drag/drop it if you don't like the position. If you look at my marker (in NYS), it's in the area that I live but you won't find my house from it. If you wanted to you could go right to your address level, but I personally wouldn't recommend that.

Map marker names MUST CONTAIN YOUR FORUM NAME or the marker WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Please include your forum handle and/or email so that if there are issues I can get ahold of you by pm or email. Otherwise, there's not much choice other than deleting the marker.

You can select a marker and use the get directions function. It invokes Google maps and lays out a potential route.

I left it pretty much open as the site isn't published anywhere other than here so we shouldn't get bothered and as long as "strange things" don't start happening I'll leave it open. If strange markers start showing, peoples markers start getting changed or something like that then I'll have to lock it down and require admin moderation which would be a big PITA so please, don't screw around with it, just use it as intended.

I didn't program it so don't shoot the messenger. There may be a few bumps in the road but hopefully it will become useful over time.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:45 AM
calvins
Safety Car

Oldtimer

Hmmm.... I never considered that - I'd suggest possibly a separate locations map for vendors though as this one has a ton of entries.

Let me check with the powers that be and see if it would be acceptable.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:38 AM
calvins
Safety Car

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by tondelayo
It would be very useful to me as a new owner of a 2003 C5.
I discussed this with a forum mod and the conclusion was that the current Vendor Directory listing would probably be a better alternative. That way there's no duplication of information and keeping the map accurate and up to date would be troublesome.

You can sort the existing Vendor Directory multiple ways including by state and each listing has a "Show on Map" button so that's probably the best thing to use.

The Vendor Directory is in the panel to the right under "Sponsored Ads" heading but here's a direct link for ya.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums..._directory.php

Quick Reply: C5 Owners Location Map Available