Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've about had it with our weather!!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2013, 12:27 PM
kingrobby25
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmcoldcars
When I bought my Z06 I drove it home from California. I talked with the original owner after I got home. He proudly told me it had never been driven in the rain and nobody had ever sat in the passenger seat. My response was I drove the car in the rain and the passenger seat had already been used. Rain does not hurt the cars and never having been driven in the rain means nothing to me, other than it does not get used much if you live up here.

When I sell my vette, I'm gonna say it has never seen rain, never had a passenger in the seat, never had anything in the cargo area, never been jacked up, never been filled with aftermarket fuel, and has been Zaino'd every 2 days. I should be able to get INSANE prices for it.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:39 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Believe me, I know! That is my biggest concern when driving my convertible. When I think of all the bombing attacks that have hit the roof of my daily driver, I am very aware of the risk I'm taking driving top down.

I parked my car on the outside of the St. Armands circle show and came back to a full load on my top and windshield. Neither cars on each side of me were hit. Talk about precision! Must have been a Mustang owner in a former life...
I was going across the Howard Franklin (I275) with the targa off and spotted a Pelican gliding along side the bridge railing about 15 feet above the road. He (though I would lay odds it was a she) turned across the road above me and unloaded. I was actually blinded for a moment until I could remove my Pelican dropping covered sunglasses. The collateral damage and spray covered most of the steering wheel and instrument pod. If only they would allow a season on Pelicans and shooting from a moving vehicle.....
Old 06-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Kmcoldcars
When I bought my Z06 I drove it home from California. I talked with the original owner after I got home. He proudly told me it had never been driven in the rain and nobody had ever sat in the passenger seat. My response was I drove the car in the rain and the passenger seat had already been used. Rain does not hurt the cars and never having been driven in the rain means nothing to me, other than it does not get used much if you live up here.
When I bought my car it was from a guy in Bellingham. I told him if he drove to Everett to meet me at the bank (50 miles) I would drive him home. He said it was cloudy out and may rain. I told him it was raining in Everett. He said "this car has never seen the rain" I said "all the more reason I want the car" It is my DD and sees a lot of rain
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by jptgs1
Car is 12 years old and NEVER been in the rain... Something about that is magical to me!
It may be magical, but you can't really enjoy your car until you drive it like everyone else thinks you should.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:12 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by jptgs1
Car is 12 years old and NEVER been in the rain... Something about that is magical to me!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I've about had it with our weather!!!!!!!!