Sponsored by:

Routing iPod Cable From Rear CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 11:10 PM
SJC5
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Routing iPod Cable From Rear CD Changer

Connecting iPod/iPhone to the sound system via CD Changer...

I bought the PXDP & PXHGM2 from DD Mods and ready to hook them up to the Rear CD Changer.

Question: Whats the best way to route the iPod cable from the CD Changer area to the Center Console?

I want to leverage this knowledge from you experienced folks that have already done this!

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 PM
NHolds
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ran mine under the carpet, then into the console. Wire isn't as long as I wish it was.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:20 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

I ran mine under the carpet on the drivers side, pulled the speaker cover off behind the driver seat to fit it under and toward the center console. This gave me plenty of length. It enters the console from the back (you can see an inch or so of the wire if you get back there and look) and then out the notch in the front of the console where I attach my iPod or phone..
Old 06-23-2013, 11:47 PM
SJC5
Racer

Originally Posted by NHolds
I ran mine under the carpet, then into the console. Wire isn't as long as I wish it was.
Did you have to pull up the carpet to run the wire? Thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:49 PM
SJC5
Racer

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ
I ran mine under the carpet on the drivers side, pulled the speaker cover off behind the driver seat to fit it under and toward the center console. This gave me plenty of length. It enters the console from the back (you can see an inch or so of the wire if you get back there and look) and then out the notch in the front of the console where I attach my iPod or phone..
Thanks!
I'll have to take a look at that. You make it sound easy!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
rwlc5
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I ran mine under the carpet and the console. I cut a hole in the cupholder and the ipod plug comes throught there.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:38 PM
SJC5
Racer

Originally Posted by rwlc5
I ran mine under the carpet and the console. I cut a hole in the cupholder and the ipod plug comes throught there.
That's a great idea! I'm going to take a look at that too.
Did you run the cable straight back under the carpet/pad to the center console and under to the bottom of the cup holder?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 PM
wolf10851
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know how long the one from DD is but I just did the mod to add an aux jack coming off the cd changer and I put the aux jack in the active handling plate. I ran my cable around the back tucking it up under the cubby hole on the passenger side then under the carpet to the little hump at the front of the carpet, brought it along the hump and up under the carpet there to under the center console then to the active handling plate. it really was easy to do!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:36 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Just do like I did and disconnect the changer and hook up the box behind the radio. I had mine run under the center console.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM
SJC5
Racer

Originally Posted by wolf10851
I don't know how long the one from DD is but I just did the mod to add an aux jack coming off the cd changer and I put the aux jack in the active handling plate. I ran my cable around the back tucking it up under the cubby hole on the passenger side then under the carpet to the little hump at the front of the carpet, brought it along the hump and up under the carpet there to under the center console then to the active handling plate. it really was easy to do!
Great description! I'll have to check to see if my 15' cable is long enough to do this. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 PM
SJC5
Racer

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Just do like I did and disconnect the changer and hook up the box behind the radio. I had mine run under the center console.
This sounds to be a great idea but I didn't really want to disassemble everything to get to the radio. That's a lot of work!

You sir, have much more patience than I do!

Get notified of new replies

To Routing iPod Cable From Rear CD Changer

Quick Reply: Routing iPod Cable From Rear CD Changer