Sponsored by:

Help Window switch problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Camarossguy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Window switch problem!!

Early this morning the windows worked fine. Then the whole driver side switches stopped working and the seat wouldn't move back after shutting it off and pulling thie key. So checked all the wires and connections. Disconnected them and reconnected them. Everything works fine now. Until i Rolled the windows down and when I tried rolling them back up the passenger switch on driver side wouldn't work going up but works down. Had to roll window up with passenger side. Could it be a loose wire ?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:20 PM
KenShores
Burning Brakes

Play with accordion tube from body to door that holds all wiring to drivers door. If it comes back the problem may be a connection there. There is a connector inside that may have intermittent contact. Do you loose all controls on drivers door? If you can get the car in a dimly lit place, turn on lights and see if you can see the door control panel lights go out when playing with the accordion tube wiring. there is a thread on this problem and it's in the sticky above DIY I think. Also check up under dash, where the wiring comes into car on drivers side, wiggle wiring there too.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Camarossguy
Heel & Toe

Yeah at first I lost all power to the driver side then did the messing with the wires between door and body. Everything started working again but the passenger window up button. I went back out and it isn't clicking. It clicks when pushed down but not up. Is it time for a new one?
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 PM
KenShores
Burning Brakes

If the driver and passenger window "up" button/control will not work, then I would say you have a bad relay or poor contact on the "up" relay in the right door control module. I know there is a DIY for this replacement somewhere on this forum. I went looking but could not find it. It's a good one with pics and part numbers for the relay that you can order from any electronics supply house. I know that I went looking for this relay and found it at Mouser electronics, Allied Electronics, and Newark electronics. I just could not find it to give you a link. Try a search, but I was sure it was in the DIY sticky, in Tech section. I'll check to see if I have the link at home somewhere.

Get notified of new replies

To Help Window switch problem!!

Quick Reply: Help Window switch problem!!