Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Car Shows......I don't get it???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Brackneyc
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I drive the Vette "to" the shows, but leave it in the parking area. I occasionally put the 67 Camaro on display. My Vette has been wet once this year, and that is because I drove it in the rain. I really need to wash it at least once before I put it up for the winter.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:00 PM
OKZ06
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

My car has 80k miles, plenty of rock chips but it cleans up nicely. I enter quite a few shows never expecting a trophy but enjoy people who loves cars not to mention good food and door prizes

Plus I like to make kids days and let them get in my car.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:43 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Back in the 70's and after I was married, I campaigned our 69 vert. The political nonsense associated with the shows and rigging so that a club member won was ridiculous. The worst were the shows held at the old Konners Chevrolet in Paramus NJ. After a while it was a joke. The car was very rare, a converted 69 to a numbers correct, 69 LT-1. It was very popular, so I'd get a phone call from every show asking to show the car. Then I'd get the critique that it lost because it was modified I found it was more fun to drive the car and leave it in the viewers lot, where once again, it drew a crowd.
I know what it takes to make a show worthy car and my C5 doesn't have it. I'd rather just enjoy it as is. I do admire those who go through all the aggravation and preparation to campaign a car, but that's just not me.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 PM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by OKZ06
My car has 80k miles, plenty of rock chips but it cleans up nicely. I enter quite a few shows never expecting a trophy but enjoy people who loves cars not to mention good food and door prizes

Plus I like to make kids days and let them get in my car.
I let the little ones hop in the front seat too. Parents appreciate it and the kids do love it.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Vinny 2001
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I go mostly for the people! I like the cruises better since they are less formal mostly smaller. Last year I met a retired couple that drove their 67 vette probably 70 miles to attend one of the shows our club hosts and they were a riot. Not only were they great people but there was a story with the car that the once lost then found again...really incredible. My sons were there and they really got a lot out of it, it's the people that make it.

BTW: i belong to the same club as Zipity and we really judge the cars fairly. We also have this on our website:
The Car Show Pledge "I promise and I swear I will be a good
sport. I won't whine or complain if I don't win a trophy.
I will always remember this is supposed to be fun,
it's not life or death, and it's only a hobby."

www.ogscc.com

Quick Reply: *Car Shows......I don't get it???