Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:04 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Default 1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove

Hello,

I know a lot of C5's attended the Rolex Motorsports Reunion this last weekend.

I too attended the event, but unfortunately the weekend turned pretty rotten for me yesterday morning.

I was staying at a bed and breakfast in Pacific Grove and woke up yesterday morning to find somebody had stole my 1962 Corvette.

I'm trying to get the word out for any possibilities that somebody in attendance had possibly come across it while being loaded on Saturday night.

The car was stole between the hours of 08:45 and 09:00 PM. The car was hidden from the main street (Central Ave), and only slightly visible from the side street (7th Ave).

There were people having dinner less than 20' away from the vehicle, but due to the vegetation and landscaping, the thieves were able to push the car out absent detection.

Once the car was out of the driveway, they only had to let it coast two blocks down where 7th runs directly into the ocean.

Please contact me (Pat) @ (916) 719-9442 if you have any information. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Name:  In line ready to go out onto parade lap.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  75.7 KB

Name:  In line ready to go out onto track for parade lap..jpg
Views: 294
Size:  73.8 KB
Old 08-19-2013, 11:45 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,226 Likes on 734 Posts

That sucks.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

That's awful! Good luck with your efforts to recover it. Our eyes will be open.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,303 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Corvette. While it may be a long shot, sure hope that the police can find it and return it to you.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 AM
lawdawg79
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a cop and vette owner i feel for you. I hate thieves, hate them. More than likely there are a few ways it will go just depends who stole it.

Amateurs opportunist who are joy riding it and have already dumped it somewhere or worse burned or sank it somewhere after they had their fun.

Another is people who are going to try amd part it out so keep a close eye on craigslist and ebay, there is a way you can search craigslist nationwide, just google how to do that. Keep an eye out for a while, ive seen months go by before they unload the parts.

Pros is another scenario, sounds like you were at a car show so your car may have been on a list. Though a smaller chance of this, things like it are real and your car may be in a shipping container on its way to some rich guy in south america or europe.

So sorry for this hassle man, as a cop it always pisses me off. They tried stealing my 98' from the police department parking lot. Thieves, child molesters, and woman beaters are my peaves, i dont use tasers on them cuz hands on is way more fun for me lol.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:19 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lawdawg79
As a cop and vette owner i feel for you. I hate thieves, hate them. More than likely there are a few ways it will go just depends who stole it.

Amateurs opportunist who are joy riding it and have already dumped it somewhere or worse burned or sank it somewhere after they had their fun.

Another is people who are going to try amd part it out so keep a close eye on craigslist and ebay, there is a way you can search craigslist nationwide, just google how to do that. Keep an eye out for a while, ive seen months go by before they unload the parts.

Pros is another scenario, sounds like you were at a car show so your car may have been on a list. Though a smaller chance of this, things like it are real and your car may be in a shipping container on its way to some rich guy in south america or europe.

So sorry for this hassle man, as a cop it always pisses me off. They tried stealing my 98' from the police department parking lot. Thieves, child molesters, and woman beaters are my peaves, i dont use tasers on them cuz hands on is way more fun for me lol.
Hey Travis,

Unfortunately I think your correct with it being in a shipping container. The way the car was parked, it absolutely had to be a target. The car couldn't been seen from the front (main street) at all, and only a very small corner from the side street.

I like your restraint and use of good judgement on refraining from overuse of the tasers!!

This world needs more cops like you!!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:31 AM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

That makes me sick. I hope you get her back in one piece unharmed.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:13 AM
lawdawg79
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, thanks i get that alot, cant tell ya how many times i have heard "man if i had known you were this cool i wouldnt have ran from/fought with you etc..." my response is usually "if you hadnt fought w me or ran i probably wouldnt have arrested you" lol.

I just hate this kinda thing Its one thing to have a 2004 malibu stolen, but a classic sweetheart like that is just low low low. My girlfriends uncle has a 56' that was his dads and is now his. You cant replace things like that. Or all the time you have probably put into yours.

Im a pretty fair cop. But sometimes i look at laws from 150 yrs ago and think we would be better off still doing things they way they were. I mean they used to hang horse thieves, and there werent many horse thieves lol. Well cars are modern day horses.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:03 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Big bummer.
You have a nice vette.
The trash that stole your vette should have a arm cut off.
Now that would make the bad guys think twice....
Old 08-20-2013, 03:49 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Any identifying marks? I go to a few car shows, and the car might get repainted.

I also think the car is shipped out, but hope not.

A car of that quality would sell quickly, far way from the heat. I know at the time I had an old Jag, they were all getting shipped to Japan, that's why you no longer see the amount of old british sports cars on the road that you used to.

The first car I ever had stolen, I was young and followed the rules. I called the local police departments weekly , as was recommenced in various publications of the day, until the police asked me if I was the kid that kept calling and to knock it off, they were on the job.

About a month later, the same city sent me a post card saying that If I didn't move my car that had been sitting too long on the street, it would be towed. I went to the address on the post card and recovered my stolen car, top down , full of leaves.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Best of luck in recovering this beauty!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

People suck, sorry for your loss. I hope someone comes up with something helpful!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:48 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Call the officer back at the PD that took the report to verify that the car was entered by VIN into the nationwide database NCIC. Then follow-up with a request for him to notify U.S. Border Patrol North & South w/pic.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
Call the officer back at the PD that took the report to verify that the car was entered by VIN into the nationwide database NCIC. Then follow-up with a request for him to notify U.S. Border Patrol North & South w/pic.
The VIN was already completed.

Thanks for the tip on the Border Patrols.

Pat
Old 08-20-2013, 11:34 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Also check your VIN with the Insurance Co Data Base
http://www.nicb.org
(not same as FBI's NCIC)

Get notified of new replies

To 1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove

Quick Reply: 1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove