Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Vendor Intro "Chadwick's Triple Play

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 03:36 PM
BigBuford
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I did not join the forum until 5-2-15 and did not buy my Vette until last week. Wish he would offer it again I would be all over that offer.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by warpster
Moral of my story is I WILL NEVER use it again without first spraying off any bad residue.
I have been using Chadwicks for over a year on my black C5. I usually do not drive my car if the weather is really bad, but a couple times a year I get caught out in the rain and it can create a real mess on the car's surface. So after a rain I always "wash" the car first - it also helps get all the buildup out of all the cracks and crevices that wiping with a cloth misses.

I suppose it is "possible" to remove that heavy a build-up by just wiping it down if you have a foot-high stack of towels and enough detailer, but why run the risk? I usually wipe my car down every day with Chadwicks, but if there is a built-up of road-grit from getting wet, I wash mine first.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:37 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

I think it's impressive that Neil thanks you for your order in his handwriting and thanks you for your business.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:57 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

You have to use common sense.
If your car looks like the picture below, you better wash your car first before applying Chadwick's Triple Play.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:30 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by laurent_zo6
You have to use common sense.
If your car looks like the picture below, you better wash your car first before applying Chadwick's Triple Play.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Korvettenkapitan
3rd Gear

Default A Special Day with Neil Chadwick

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Chadwick's Triple Play and a visit with Mr. Neil Chadwick himself!

Very long story short: My father's black 2004 Coupe was passed on to me a couple of months ago after being in the care of my mother and sister for the past several years. This being my first Corvette, I wanted to keep the car looking its best, just as my father did when he was alive. A friend and fellow forum member suggested I check out this forum for tips and advice for the C5. It is here that I discovered Neil's car care products so I decided to give Chadwick's Triple Play a try after reading the many good testimonials here on the forum.

As has been mentioned many times, Chadwick's Triple Play system and No Sling Tire Dressing brought my C5 back to life. But the more I scrutinized the car the more I noticed that the years had not been kind to the black paint job. I wondered if there was something more that could be done to bring the original luster back.

I saw on the forum that Neil was working on a paint correction system that has not been released yet. I mentioned that to my wife and unbeknownst to me she gave Neil a call and explained to him my concerns and desire for the finish to be restored as much as possible. Something that would have made my late father proud.

To our surprise, Neil told us to bring the Vette to him (we live three hours from him) and he would take care of it. Yeah. I had to let that sink in for a bit when she told me. Neil Chadwick himself was going to work on my C5!

And work he did. Let me tell you, Neil and his lovely partner and associate, Louise, are the real deal. After speaking with Neil, it is clear that he is a true car guy, passionate about his work. He has decades of knowledge and experience detailing cars and to listen to him talk, it shows.

He explained to me, after turning on a special UV light in his garage, how the finish on my C5 had been damaged by the use of traditional car washes and waxes. He explained how his products differ from the traditional stuff, in that his products are safe organic and water based, rather than the harsh chemicals found in petroleum and paraffin based traditional products, and showed me some samples of bottles in which the components had actually separated like salad dressing.

He explained how traditional paraffin and petroleum based products melt and create a sticky residue on a car's hot surface, which attracts dirt and grime, then cools and hardens, effectively trapping the dirt on the finish of the car, dulling and damaging the finish every time the car is touched.

He then explained how he was going to restore the deep gloss shine of the car by first removing the years of built up waxes, dirt and residue. He showed me a clean new buffer pad that was now covered with the black sludge that had been on the car. Once he achieved a slick, clean, smooth surface, he was able to bring back that wet, "ten foot deep" gloss to the finish of the car. Micro scratches that were previously a distraction to the car no longer mattered, as their effect was reduced. Now what I see is a "liquid black" that refracts light and creates a finish that makes you want to dive into it.

Much thanks to Neil and Louise for their hospitality. Neil didn't have to do this, but my story touched him and he wanted to see that car brought back to its former glory as much as me. I wish my dad was here to see his car looking better than it ever did and it's all due to Neil and his wonderful products.

And when I say my car has been "Chadwick'd", it really has, by Neil himself!

Old 06-09-2015, 04:32 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Korvettenkapitan
Just wanted to share my recent experience with Chadwick's Triple Play and a visit with Mr. Neil Chadwick himself!

Very long story short: My father's black 2004 Coupe was passed on to me a couple of months ago after being in the care of my mother and sister for the past several years. This being my first Corvette, I wanted to keep the car looking its best, just as my father did when he was alive. A friend and fellow forum member suggested I check out this forum for tips and advice for the C5. It is here that I discovered Neil's car care products so I decided to give Chadwick's Triple Play a try after reading the many good testimonials here on the forum.

As has been mentioned many times, Chadwick's Triple Play system and No Sling Tire Dressing brought my C5 back to life. But the more I scrutinized the car the more I noticed that the years had not been kind to the black paint job. I wondered if there was something more that could be done to bring the original luster back.

I saw on the forum that Neil was working on a paint correction system that has not been released yet. I mentioned that to my wife and unbeknownst to me she gave Neil a call and explained to him my concerns and desire for the finish to be restored as much as possible. Something that would have made my late father proud.

To our surprise, Neil told us to bring the Vette to him (we live three hours from him) and he would take care of it. Yeah. I had to let that sink in for a bit when she told me. Neil Chadwick himself was going to work on my C5!

And work he did. Let me tell you, Neil and his lovely partner and associate, Louise, are the real deal. After speaking with Neil, it is clear that he is a true car guy, passionate about his work. He has decades of knowledge and experience detailing cars and to listen to him talk, it shows.

He explained to me, after turning on a special UV light in his garage, how the finish on my C5 had been damaged by the use of traditional car washes and waxes. He explained how his products differ from the traditional stuff, in that his products are safe organic and water based, rather than the harsh chemicals found in petroleum and paraffin based traditional products, and showed me some samples of bottles in which the components had actually separated like salad dressing.

He explained how traditional paraffin and petroleum based products melt and create a sticky residue on a car's hot surface, which attracts dirt and grime, then cools and hardens, effectively trapping the dirt on the finish of the car, dulling and damaging the finish every time the car is touched.

He then explained how he was going to restore the deep gloss shine of the car by first removing the years of built up waxes, dirt and residue. He showed me a clean new buffer pad that was now covered with the black sludge that had been on the car. Once he achieved a slick, clean, smooth surface, he was able to bring back that wet, "ten foot deep" gloss to the finish of the car. Micro scratches that were previously a distraction to the car no longer mattered, as their effect was reduced. Now what I see is a "liquid black" that refracts light and creates a finish that makes you want to dive into it.

Much thanks to Neil and Louise for their hospitality. Neil didn't have to do this, but my story touched him and he wanted to see that car brought back to its former glory as much as me. I wish my dad was here to see his car looking better than it ever did and it's all due to Neil and his wonderful products.

And when I say my car has been "Chadwick'd", it really has, by Neil himself!

Neil's the real deal. Very impressed!
Old 06-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Korvettenkapitan
3rd Gear

Default Tips from Neil

Along with the amazing work he did, Neil shared a ton of information with me regarding the proper maintenance of the car's finish and how to get the most out of Triple Play.

Move your microfiber towel in one direction (front to back on the hood of the car, for instance). No circular or back and forth motions.

Neil's microfiber towels are composed specifically to capture the dirt off the car and not damage or degrade the finish. He uses a 70/30 polyester/polymide blend. Thick enough to trap the dirt and not just move it around. Cheaper store bought microfiber towels are usually 90/10 and are too scratchy to get the job done.

If you are applying a lot of pressure on your towel you are not doing it right. The more often you use Triple Play, the less of it you need. You should be able to gently buff the car to a deep wet shine.

Triple Play is a safe organic blend. He recommends not keeping your Triple Play in a hot car or garage for long periods of time. He keeps his bottles in the house where they are cool and dry.

No Sling Tire Dressing works great on your hoses and plastics under the hood.

You only need to use two microfiber towels to clean the car at a time. Rotate out your towels as they become dirty.

Do your car's windows last with the towel that's already saturated with Triple Play. No need to spray more on, the residue should be sufficient to clean the windows. Buff with the clean dry towel as usual.

Wash your dirty towels separately in cold water and detergent (he says Woolite works fine). Let air dry, no dryer.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:58 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Along with the amazing work he did, Neil shared a ton of information with me regarding the proper maintenance of the car's finish and how to get the most out of Triple Play.

Move your microfiber towel in one direction (front to back on the hood of the car, for instance). No circular or back and forth motions.

Neil's microfiber towels are composed specifically to capture the dirt off the car and not damage or degrade the finish. He uses a 70/30 polyester/polymide blend. Thick enough to trap the dirt and not just move it around. Cheaper store bought microfiber towels are usually 90/10 and are too scratchy to get the job done.

If you are applying a lot of pressure on your towel you are not doing it right. The more often you use Triple Play, the less of it you need. You should be able to gently buff the car to a deep wet shine.

Triple Play is a safe organic blend. He recommends not keeping your Triple Play in a hot car or garage for long periods of time. He keeps his bottles in the house where they are cool and dry.

No Sling Tire Dressing works great on your hoses and plastics under the hood.

You only need to use two microfiber towels to clean the car at a time. Rotate out your towels as they become dirty.

Do your car's windows last with the towel that's already saturated with Triple Play. No need to spray more on, the residue should be sufficient to clean the windows. Buff with the clean dry towel as usual.

Wash your dirty towels separately in cold water and detergent (he says Woolite works fine). Let air dry, no dryer.
I have been using Chadwick's Triple Play for the last year. The shine is second to none. So easy to apply.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Mastertvtech
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I've lost my mind over this stuff. I can't count the numerous uses around the house..Most impressive is my shower glass.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

I have talked on the phone with Neil about 4 times, the call always lasted about 45 minutes. The product to me is second to none !!!!! When Neil told me to try it on my 55 inch TV I said no-way and he said trust me. I used it on my tv about a month ago still no dust !!!!!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:26 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by akapounder
I have talked on the phone with Neil about 4 times, the call always lasted about 45 minutes. The product to me is second to none !!!!! When Neil told me to try it on my 55 inch TV I said no-way and he said trust me. I used it on my tv about a month ago still no dust !!!!!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it !!!!!!!!!!
Funny. I just used it on my TV and laptop screen 2 weeks ago. I think it's the 1st time there's been NO streaks on the TV since it was new, and my laptop screen is STILL clean. Use to clean it once a week.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Korvettenkapitan
3rd Gear

I've been a stickler for clean, streak-free windows for as long as I've been driving cars. Nothing is more annoying to me than a foggy, streaky windshield to look through.

Triple Play on the inside and outside has kept my windshield, side windows, mirrors, and rear window clean and clear.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

I've been a stickler for clean, streak-free windows for as long as I've been driving cars. Nothing is more annoying to me than a foggy, streaky windshield to look through.

Triple Play on the inside and outside has kept my windshield, side windows, mirrors, and rear window clean and clear.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:53 PM
0chadwickstripleplay
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by BigBuford
Thanks for the reply. I did not join the forum until 5-2-15 and did not buy my Vette until last week. Wish he would offer it again I would be all over that offer.

If you place your order before the end of this week 6/12/15, I will honor the deal for you....Place FORUM15 in the fax telephone line...Thanks, Neil
Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Kenny G
Advanced

Neil is the man, great vendor, great product. Big Buford, you won't regret trying Chadwicks Triple Play... That is the ONLY product on my Vette.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:45 AM
silvergreg
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'19

Ordered Chadwicks Triple Play tonight!

Get notified of new replies

To New Vendor Intro "Chadwick's Triple Play

Old 06-10-2015, 12:57 AM
Nyt_Muves
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Default New Vendor Intro "Chadwick's Triple Play

I'm going to give this a shot too. All you folks seem to like it.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:30 AM
nickwfd92
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bump, I have been doing research on Chadwicks and saw this one, thought I would bring this thread back.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:54 AM
dalo3716
Cruising

Default Neil and Chadwicks Triple Play

I want to thank Neil, for his phone call and advice about his product. I ordered it the same day and received it overnight(I live in Fla also so delivery was quick).

I thought I would start, the process, the next day, but was so eager to try it, that I thought I would try a small area to see how it worked. I was so impressed, that I actually finished the car that afternoon. It was such an easy process, with such a beautiful shine and only took about an hour.

Thanks Neil, can't wait for your new product, to come out, so I can remove some of the swirl marks that have appeared over the last couple years.

Quick Reply: New Vendor Intro "Chadwick's Triple Play