Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turtle Wax Ice Exterior and Interior Spray.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:48 PM
OKZ06
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Default Turtle Wax Ice Exterior and Interior Spray.

Spray Wax and Interior Cleaner/Protectant.

First off i know the turtle wax products are not the most popular around here but ever since i started using the Ice Line of products it seems crazy to ever try anything different.

Positives the first of course is ease of Use you can go over a entire car in 20 minutes using the same exterior spray wax on your car to do your windows all your trim etc, really seems to deepen the black on the car and leaves no residue behind. The interior spray left me pretty amazed, really brought back the color to some of the panels in the car and did not leave a sticky/oily feel behind.

Negatives are mostly the durability of the product its not something thats going to hold up for a long time on a daily driven car so additional coats are required to keep the shine, and it seems to attract dust but hell im in Oklahoma dust is everywhere.

For the price i find it hard to go wrong and if your looking for a quick and easy effective spray detailer/wax you should give it a try.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I use Turtle Wax Ice products as well and love them. It's extremely easy to use and unlike others have commented, the shine/protection lasts a long time.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,236 Likes on 13,935 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Haven't used their interior products, but I do use Turtle Wax Ice paste wax on the exterior. I've been impressed with how easy it goes on/comes off, leaves no white residue and lasts for quite a while. Will have to give the interior products a try.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:26 AM
WvCorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-27-2013, 11:08 AM
OKZ06
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Haven't used their interior products, but I do use Turtle Wax Ice paste wax on the exterior. I've been impressed with how easy it goes on/comes off, leaves no white residue and lasts for quite a while. Will have to give the interior products a try.
Best interior results I have ever seen seriously doubt you will be disappointed
Old 09-27-2013, 11:18 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Over the years I've used several of the generic turtle wax, and armor all products and I found them to be...lets just say not good. I have not tried any of the "new" ice wax products other then the ice vinyl interior and I did not like it. The product didn't last and left little beads. I've been using Mcguires for the last little while and have now switched to a UK product line called "glym". This stuff is amazing, but not sure if it's made it's way through all of North America yet.

Don't get me wrong, OP your car looks good, but from my experience there are better products out there for the roughly the same money.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:18 AM
vetfeva2
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the whole Ice line of products and turns out nice. Been using it for years. I oftentimes get a lot of questions at car shows asking what I use. When I tell them they chuckle as if I am joking because most people don't want to believe that you can get a good shine out of a product that won't break the bank.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:45 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

I like the Ice, especially for interior. Only thing that I have found that is good on all, even flat black plastic.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by OKZ06
The interior spray left me pretty amazed, really brought back the color to some of the panels in the car and did not leave a sticky/oily feel behind.
I just wipe my interior down using Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer, which is just a wipe-on wipe-off cleaner that doesn't leave anything on the interior parts, it's just something wet to capture the dust and remove fingerprints.

I get asked all the time what I use to make my interior parts look so shiny. People are shocked when I tell them I don't use anything to add an artificial shine.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Glad Ice works for you, I tried it once and it left an oily coat on the finish which I didn't like and never used it again.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks good
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 PM
OKZ06
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by vetfeva2
I use the whole Ice line of products and turns out nice. Been using it for years. I oftentimes get a lot of questions at car shows asking what I use. When I tell them they chuckle as if I am joking because most people don't want to believe that you can get a good shine out of a product that won't break the bank.
The elitist gets brought out in alot of us when it comes to the idea of using products readily available at a decent cost to keep our cars shining.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:24 AM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I've been using McGuire interior and I find it to leave a sticky residue behind, especially on the dashboard....

Ice I found to be very good on the black plastic like the cowl and I even wipe the engine down with it
Old 09-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by oh1vette
I've been using McGuire interior and I find it to leave a sticky residue behind, especially on the dashboard....
I've never had a problem with Meguiar's leaving any residue at all.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:06 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed

I've never had a problem with Meguiar's leaving any residue at all.
Maybe I'm using too much or something but seems like I need to use what I am for coverage, so I guess I'm just as confused you're not....
Old 09-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

When traditional clay bars don't do the job, try some Turtle Wax Liquid Ice liquid claybar. Best stuff I have ever used. Took stuff off regular, human claybars could not even phase.

Saved me from a butt-whippin' from the SO. I had gotten some really nasty spray grease all over the wife's car once and nothing in my vast detailer's arsenal would take it off - Zaino, Mother's, Meguire's . . . nothing. I tried paint cleaners, claybars, solvents - everything. As a last resort, I bought some Ice Liquid Clay Bar and it worked perfectly - took the crap off instantly and completely.

I know, I know - Turtle Wax. But, hey, the stuff rocks.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Patches
When traditional clay bars don't do the job, try some Turtle Wax Liquid Ice liquid claybar. Best stuff I have ever used. Took stuff off regular, human claybars could not even phase.

Saved me from a butt-whippin' from the SO. I had gotten some really nasty spray grease all over the wife's car once and nothing in my vast detailer's arsenal would take it off - Zaino, Mother's, Meguire's . . . nothing. I tried paint cleaners, claybars, solvents - everything. As a last resort, I bought some Ice Liquid Clay Bar and it worked perfectly - took the crap off instantly and completely.

I know, I know - Turtle Wax. But, hey, the stuff rocks.
Any Port in a storm.

Get notified of new replies

To Turtle Wax Ice Exterior and Interior Spray.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:18 PM
FLZapped
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still use the Interior product and it works very well. I used the spray wax when I first bought my car, and it also worked well. I have since switched to Blackfire, because it has a host of cross-linked products that support the paint sealant and wasn't sure that it was a good idea to mix manufacturers.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Rick52
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Lemon Pledge on the interior. Looks Great and Smells Good

rick
Old 09-28-2013, 09:43 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 338 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick52
I use Lemon Pledge on the interior. Looks Great and Smells Good

rick
By far the best for interior, leather, plastic, rubber............etc.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice Exterior and Interior Spray.