Sponsored by:

Multuiple DIC messages, "Shocks Inoperative"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:10 AM
MJKvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Multuiple DIC messages, "Shocks Inoperative"

A little bit of background info: I have been driving this car every day for nine months. I just purchased a beater, and the vette has been sitting a little bit. One time I didn't drive it for three weeks, but I usually drive it every weekend if I can. Last week I took the Corvette to work in the morning and everything was fine...

I hopped in the car for lunch... not 30 seconds go by and I notice that the ABS light and trac light are on. I look down at the DIC: Service Vehicle Soon, Shocks Inoperative, and Service Ride Control. About a minute later I see: Maximum Speed 80 mph.

This of course gets me worried. I drove the car home, and it didn't seem to be having any issues running and driving. I pulled in the garage, parked the car, turned it off. I then turned the ignition on and tried to read the codes... of course I didn't have anything to write on, but I did notice that some sections said no communication.

I jumped back in the beater and went back to work while my nerves ate at me for the rest of the work day. I drove home, grabbed my laptop and hopped in the car to note down the codes. I turn the key to on, and I Get "pull key, wait 10 sec." So I did that, turned it back on, then read the following codes:

9/27/2013
10 PCM
P1571 H C
P1644 H C
P1652 H C

28 - TCS
No Codes

38 - RTD
No Codes

40 - BCM
B0844 H
U1040 H

60 - IPC
B0521 H
U1040 H
U1160 H

80 - Radio
U1016 H

99 - HVAC
No Codes

A0 - LDCM
No Codes

A1 - RDCM
No Codes

A6 - SCM
No Codes

B0 - RFA
No Codes

After I read the codes, I turned the ignition off and started the car and let it run for about 30 seconds. The DIC didn't display any warning messages. The ABS and trac lights were off.

Where should I start?

P.S. Yes, it has the F45 suspension.

Last edited by MJKvette; 09-30-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 AM
MJKvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. I'll give that a shot and see what I can come up with.

Quick Reply: Multuiple DIC messages, "Shocks Inoperative"