Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 68 Posts

Me too.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:49 PM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an Pioneer F900BT.. and the buggiest radio Ive ever seen Id never buy another Pioneer.

Its got all the best features.. but things just sometimes things just don't work right
Old 10-03-2013, 10:58 PM
OneCylinder
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I have a Kenwood DNX6190HD, it has the preprogramed Garmin Navigation built in. I like it.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:04 AM
4 KRUSIN
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Kenwoods in my Truck and Vette. I purchased them because of the Garmin Nav systems they use. They both sync with my Galaxy S2 just fine.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Bodieism
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the AppRadio 3 (SPH-DA210) and I like it a lot better than the AppRadio 2. The A2DP bluetooth profile is nice for when you just want to listen to music without having to connect your phone (works for GPS voice directions from phone too). I picked mine up from amazon for less than $300 dollars (Amazon gave me a $50 credit for getting their card).

There is a thread over on XDA where a Developer already has full mirroring and multitouch working for the AR3 among other features.

The pre-beta AR Unchained app is working very well with my Galaxy S4. I think there are several users on that forum with the S3. The developer has a downloadable survey where users report what configurations are working if you want to check it out.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:08 AM
pyearick
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Bodieism
I have the AppRadio 3 (SPH-DA210) and I like it a lot better than the AppRadio 2. The A2DP bluetooth profile is nice for when you just want to listen to music without having to connect your phone (works for GPS voice directions from phone too). I picked mine up from amazon for less than $300 dollars (Amazon gave me a $50 credit for getting their card).

There is a thread over on XDA where a Developer already has full mirroring and multitouch working for the AR3 among other features.

The pre-beta AR Unchained app is working very well with my Galaxy S4. I think there are several users on that forum with the S3. The developer has a downloadable survey where users report what configurations are working if you want to check it out.
I have an AppRadio3 in my car and am hoping to put it in a, yet to be purchased, C5. I also have AR Unchained and use an HDMI stick to run my radio. Is yours in a C5 and were there any huge issues?

Thanks!

Last edited by pyearick; 10-19-2017 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Spell check
Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Bodieism
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine was in a C6. I didn't have any issues with the install. The biggest problem I remember having was my phone overheating on long trips because I ran the HDMI cable to the center console. Another thing to keep in mind is that more and more phone manufacturers are (annoyingly) moving away from wired HDMI to wireless only, but neither of those things should be an issue since you plan on using a stick.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:36 AM
pyearick
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Bodieism
Mine was in a C6. I didn't have any issues with the install. The biggest problem I remember having was my phone overheating on long trips because I ran the HDMI cable to the center console. Another thing to keep in mind is that more and more phone manufacturers are (annoyingly) moving away from wired HDMI to wireless only, but neither of those things should be an issue since you plan on using a stick.
Thanks for the reply - overheating ... that is why I went to the HDMI stick. The other solution I've been thinking about are those double din standalone android radios (with GPS, backup, etc.) - no phone required other than to wifi tether. I haven't heard too much about them. With the stick you do lose the "phone" part of the radio...

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer AppRadio 3

Quick Reply: Pioneer AppRadio 3