Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RadioFlyer ACA Projector Headlight Brackets...where, why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Ninjawarrior
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RadioFlyer ACA Projector Headlight Brackets...where, why?

Just received my Radioflyer Innovations Bi-Xenon ACA Projector Headlights.

The pic enclosed are of two different brackets which I received two of each.

Would like to know where, how, and why are they supposed to be installed on the light housings?

Please advise, as no instructions came with the kit.....

Thanks,

Ninja
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:58 AM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

The brackets can be used to attach the ballasts to the vehicle. They are optional. You can attach the ballasts with double back tape, or screwed directly into a plastic panel (inner fender liner, etc) See the attached install file. Note pictures in Phase 2, #2 showing the ballast with the type mount you have and the point it is secured to the inner fender area.
Attached Images
Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 AM
stevegray04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Ninja: Please let us know how your installation goes. I'm considering these same lights for my 04 and I want as much info as possible from other owners regarding their installation experience. Specifically, let us know if you have to grind down the plastic ribs on the bottom of the brackets to get the new lights to fit properly. Apparently this may be a problem with certain model years. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Have you talked to the vendor?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:37 AM
candyredwing
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Installed these on my '04 last summer. Prior to starting the install I had some "fears" as to how the install would go. I was pleasantly surprised how easy the whole process went - there was no need to grind down ANYTHING - the new ACA housings fit perfectly into the OEM light trays. The complete install took me about 2 hours from start to finish, excluding the night aiming process. I think the most time consuming part was the final fitting adjustments necessary to get the painted light covers to fit properly with the same spacing around the perimeter of the covers. The difference between the OEM lights and the ACA units is considerable as far as "lighting up the night" as well as giving your ride a more modern appearance. I have had many positive comments from other owners about the ACA's. They are a "must have" in my opinion.

Candyredwing

Originally Posted by stevegray04
Ninja: Please let us know how your installation goes. I'm considering these same lights for my 04 and I want as much info as possible from other owners regarding their installation experience. Specifically, let us know if you have to grind down the plastic ribs on the bottom of the brackets to get the new lights to fit properly. Apparently this may be a problem with certain model years. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:50 PM
stevegray04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by candyredwing
Installed these on my '04 last summer. Prior to starting the install I had some "fears" as to how the install would go. I was pleasantly surprised how easy the whole process went - there was no need to grind down ANYTHING - the new ACA housings fit perfectly into the OEM light trays. The complete install took me about 2 hours from start to finish, excluding the night aiming process. I think the most time consuming part was the final fitting adjustments necessary to get the painted light covers to fit properly with the same spacing around the perimeter of the covers.
Thanks, this is what I needed to know. Other owners (and George) have said the same thing, but I'm glad to hear from another '04 owner.

Also, I've already had to adjust those painted covers about three times when I reinstalled them after changing headlight bulbs and installing my HID fogs (easier from the top), so I'm aware of that issue.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 PM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by stevegray04
Thanks, this is what I needed to know. Other owners (and George) have said the same thing, but I'm glad to hear from another '04 owner.

Also, I've already had to adjust those painted covers about three times when I reinstalled them after changing headlight bulbs and installing my HID fogs (easier from the top), so I'm aware of that issue.
A tip on the headlight covers. Depending on what color your car is, if its light enough in color, you can trace a fine outline of the fastener screws with a sharpie or led pencil, then use these a reference marks when reinstalling the covers. You can fine tune the cover position from there.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Ninjawarrior
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACA lights installed today

Got my fog and ACA hi and lo beams installed today...had some issues....

No instructions come with the kit.....which would have saved me lots of time and consternation....was able to e mail George and he was pretty quick to give me the answers needed to move forward....

Reverse polarity on the plugs was the most confusing issue....the male and female plugs have locks, but when installed properly to lock them in place, they don't work, so you have to turn them 180 degrees and get them to work.

Headlight adjustment to align the lights would be nice info to be included in the kit too..but had to figure it out the hard way.

The small led bulbs are a big upgrade from the little clear stock bulbs.

I have not zeroed them in yet as we are snowbound, but am ready to get them out on the road when snow and salt on the roads are more suitable for road testing.

The bright white light upgrade is a very nice change from the stock lights which appear to be yellow in color when compared to the ACA Xenon bulbs, so will repost when alignment is completed.

Have high hopes as also upgraded rear brake lights and they should really get the attention of cagers coming at you from the rear...hopefully will prevent rear end collisions.

So far am satisfied and hope they stay in service without failures.

Ninja
Old 01-10-2014, 10:39 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Those are ballast brackets. The one shaped like an "L" is for your chrome 70w headlight ballast. The triangular one is for your smaller fog light ballast. The brackets allow you to bolt the ballasts to a mounting point.

Alternatively, people have also had great success and more mounting location options using 3M double sided mounting tape... in which case you won't need the brackets.

Get notified of new replies

To RadioFlyer ACA Projector Headlight Brackets...where, why?

Quick Reply: RadioFlyer ACA Projector Headlight Brackets...where, why?