Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 02:48 PM
flags97
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt Light

I noticed a similar post like this earlier. My fasten seat belt light stays on. It use to do it every once in awhile but now its staying on. I took the two leads (stripe black and white and a solid black) and removed clip and spliced them together to do a bypass, however light is still on. Does anyone have a suggestion, can't find anything in factory manual. Where is the ground for seatbelt dash light, really did not want to remove dashboard(may not be able to get it back together) I have a 98 Vette, I thought for sure it would be the clip, like I said its happen before and then eventually would turn off! Any help is greatly appreciated, I do not have any meters, Thanks guys!!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:59 PM
flags97
Instructor

Anybody have any ideas!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,274 Likes on 13,957 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Might want to send a PM with your post information to forum member Bill Curlee. He knows a lot about the C5 electrical system and may be able to help you out.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:57 AM
RedWhitefast
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flags97
I noticed a similar post like this earlier. My fasten seat belt light stays on. It use to do it every once in awhile but now its staying on. I took the two leads (stripe black and white and a solid black) and removed clip and spliced them together to do a bypass, however light is still on. Does anyone have a suggestion, can't find anything in factory manual. Where is the ground for seatbelt dash light, really did not want to remove dashboard(may not be able to get it back together) I have a 98 Vette, I thought for sure it would be the clip, like I said its happen before and then eventually would turn off! Any help is greatly appreciated, I do not have any meters, Thanks guys!!
Mine is doing the same thing, I have sprayed electrical contact cleaner into the latch and worked the buckle into the latch seems to work for awhile. I just went out to wipe off the lexol off my seats and thought to myself could you change the drivers side to to the passengers and passenger to drivers side since the passengers side doesn't get used as much. Of course you have to remove the seats to do this but its worth a try.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:11 PM
glorysends
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is doing this too.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:56 PM
flags97
Instructor

Default Seatbelt

Originally Posted by RedWhitefast
Mine is doing the same thing, I have sprayed electrical contact cleaner into the latch and worked the buckle into the latch seems to work for awhile. I just went out to wipe off the lexol off my seats and thought to myself could you change the drivers side to to the passengers and passenger to drivers side since the passengers side doesn't get used as much. Of course you have to remove the seats to do this but its worth a try.
The passenger side does not have that wire from seatbelt , only the driver, I think the problem may be in the ground to the warning light especially since I bypassed the clip!!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 AM
flags97
Instructor

Default any more suggestions

any more suggestions!!

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Belt Light

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Light