Sponsored by:

Anyone redone the seal area around your windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:23 AM
93civEJ1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone redone the seal area around your windows

The rubber areas around the roof and whatnot where the window rolls up just does not seem to be in good shape on my car. The window does not tuck into anything and seems to be that it would leak like crazy if it were to be out in the rain. (i keep garaged and dont drive in the rain)

Has anyone replaced all of the rubber surrounding at the windows on these cars? If so, where can you get these parts?
Old 03-18-2014, 10:46 AM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
The rubber areas around the roof and whatnot where the window rolls up just does not seem to be in good shape on my car. The window does not tuck into anything and seems to be that it would leak like crazy if it were to be out in the rain. (i keep garaged and dont drive in the rain)

Has anyone replaced all of the rubber surrounding at the windows on these cars? If so, where can you get these parts?
partstaxi.com has them. Just an FYI, they are not cheap. The halo seal is ~220$ by itself. i use
einszett 914806 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz : Amazon.com : Automotive einszett 914806 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz : Amazon.com : Automotive

On all of the seals on the car twice a year. Easy to apply and seems to work.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:56 AM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

If you go price them at a dealership you will find the top side seal is $42?.00 for the drivers side and $42?.00 for the passenger side. They are different by one dollar but can't remember what... It' might be cheaper to do like me and buy weather stripping for a coupe and targa your Z.

But if you're going to sell your Corvette none of this matters.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:20 AM
93civEJ1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you guys know what this is called for the z06?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:21 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
do you guys know what this is called for the z06?
Don't recall the name. I have the print off from the dealership at home somewhere that shows the part number... You could contact Gene Culley on the forum and he will get back to you the same day probably about pricing.

If I was trying to save money I would just call up Mark at Vettenuts and buy almost like new used from him.. It should be a LOT cheaper than anywhere else.

Just get him on the phone and describe what you need. He will give you a a price on the item if he has it right then.

Either one of these fellas can help without you knowing what the specific name or part number is.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone redone the seal area around your windows

Quick Reply: Anyone redone the seal area around your windows