Sponsored by:

It's me Pirates Mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default It's me Pirates Mod thread

All right well i'm jumping on the bandwagon too. I figure it would be cool to be able to see everything I do to my a C5 in one place so I'll start a mod thread of my own. I just bought my C5 a few months ago back in January of this year. I have a huge list of mods planned but here is what I've done so far.
Here she is the fist night of ownership. We drove out to Old Town Kissimmee for the classic car cruise and some fun
[/IMG]

First MOD! Corsa Extreme exhaust with Xpipe Before - After
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Next thing I did was bolt up a back up camera and run the wires [IMG][/IMG]

Next thing I pulled modified my radio trim bezel for double din and installed a Kenwood DNX890HD double din head unit
with navigation, bluetooth, and of course my new back up camera :-)
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG

Time to install HUD! New gauge cluster, projector, dimmer switch.
Had to yank the dash out to install wasn't nearly as bad to do as it looks

While the cluster is out went ahead and installed a set of gauge trim rings to jazz up the gauges a bit

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh88/just4fun777/Cars/Corvette/20140305_092355.jpg[/IMG]

All back together and working great

Time for some easy and cheap stuff. I ordered some decals to dress up the steering wheel and pass side air bag.
I must say Im not all too impressed with these especially for the price. They are no more than vinyl decals and certainly
not worth what they charge for them.

I ordered all new interior LED bulbs in blue and put them all in. I'm not really feeling the blue so much in my car so
think I'm going to order another set and change them over to Red.

Which brings me up to today.
LOOKY LOOKY what just came it! I'm putting new drivers seat foam in and haveing custom covers made for my seats.
Going from all gray to black and gray with some custom embroidery in the head rest

Old 03-20-2014, 01:39 PM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You my Sir have caught the mod bug BAD!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by andrec10
You my Sir have caught the mod bug BAD!!!
..... I KNOW!!! and I didn't even post the stuff that I am ordering today or what I'm still waiting to come in LOL
Old 03-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Nicely done so far. I will say that once the mod bug bites, it seems that there is no cure.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Nicely done so far. I will say that once the mod bug bites, it seems that there is no cure.
I was joking around on another thread that the first mod is considered a gateway mod and once you get your first taste there is no turning back

I've been himing and hawing over whether to put much money into this car or just enjoy it for a bit, do a few little things then sell it for a C6 but I really love the car and after seeing a sea of C6's at the Corvette Corral and only a handful of C5's mostly all stock I've been leaning more and more to just making this one into the vision that I have for it. Then I unexpectedly met a fellow CF member yesterday at a gas station his name was Joe and goes by Road Pilot here and good god almighty his car is wicked cool! I was just in awe of it's coolness and how much work and time he has put into it. That was it i'm going all in with my C5 I'd much rather have the C5 I dream of than a stock C6 Still love em both but I'll wait on the C6 until after i do everything possible I can think of my C5 and give it a whole S____load of Pirate attitude

Last edited by Pirateslife4me; 03-20-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:29 PM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Very nice work on the stereo install, everything looks great.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 PM
meflyfrc
Melting Slicks

Received 192 Likes on 79 Posts

Its hard to get rid of the "Mod" bug, you're in trouble. This forum doesn't help
Old 03-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skydiven4fun
Very nice work on the stereo install, everything looks great.
Thank you I wanted to get a few electronic creature comforts before doing much else

Originally Posted by meflyfrc
Its hard to get rid of the "Mod" bug, you're in trouble. This forum doesn't help
I think I'm a lost cause... just ordered Carbon Fiber C-style rear wing and side skirts from Pete at CC
Old 03-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

Wow... you hit the ground running! Everything looks great -- really top notch work.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Mr31FlavorsVette
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Look'n good, great job on the bezel. Can't believe you didn't change out your shift boot while you had the console out. I'm about to to replace mine and install a auto **** adapter so I can replace the shift ****. I figured as long as I'm in there, I would like to replace the stock bulb with an LED, so many to choose from...and away we go...Keep us posted on your mods
Old 03-21-2014, 12:34 AM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickeyrx70
Wow... you hit the ground running! Everything looks great -- really top notch work.

Yours(Pirates) and Adrians99FRC mods to your cars have been very exciting reads, I would vote them "best mods of the year" so far...
Old 03-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr31FlavorsVette
Look'n good, great job on the bezel. Can't believe you didn't change out your shift boot while you had the console out. I'm about to to replace mine and install a auto **** adapter so I can replace the shift ****.
I thought about it but seemed like a waste to change out the boot just to change the stitching so I asked the guy who is going to re-do my seats for me if he can just take the boot apart and stitch it back in red for me while he is doing my seats and he said yep no problem and will even through it in for free :-) Btw I just did the auto **** adapter last night I got he one from Ebay and well... took a little modifying to get it to work right. I'll post up my experience and put the link on this thread too.

Originally Posted by jdvann

Yours(Pirates) and Adrians99FRC mods to your cars have been very exciting reads, I would vote them "best mods of the year" so far...
Thank YOU! but I don't know... didn't Adrian cut the roof off his FRC? Thats takes ***** the size of TX
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

You're doing good things!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:57 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Its all having fun, and you certainly are having fun.
Nicely done.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Last night I installed an automatic shift **** adapter and shift ball kit from SICKSPEED that I ordered from Ebay. I must say I love this mod and its a great bang for he buck mod as well. I did have a fitment issue with the adapter and had to slighty mdify it to get it to fit and work correctly but it was not a huge deal and I detailed what I had to do in this install thread if your interested here is the link to that. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...r-install.html

in the end I love the look and feel of this over the stock shifter. It works really well so far and the shift ball that you get with the kit is actually really nice but I so plan to swap it for a brushed aluminum one that I have pictured in my head but would have no problem keeping this one If I can't find the one i'm thinking about.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:50 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Contact .....

Originally Posted by Pirateslife4me
All right well i'm jumping on the bandwagon too. I figure it would be cool to be able to see everything I do to my a C5 in one place so I'll start a mod thread of my own. I just bought my C5 a few months ago back in January of this year. I have a huge list of mods planned but here is what I've done so far.
Here she is the fist night of ownership. We drove out to Old Town Kissimmee for the classic car cruise and some fun
[/IMG]

First MOD! Corsa Extreme exhaust with Xpipe Before - After
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Next thing I did was bolt up a back up camera and run the wires [IMG][/IMG]

Next thing I pulled modified my radio trim bezel for double din and installed a Kenwood DNX890HD double din head unit
with navigation, bluetooth, and of course my new back up camera :-)
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG

Time to install HUD! New gauge cluster, projector, dimmer switch.
Had to yank the dash out to install wasn't nearly as bad to do as it looks

While the cluster is out went ahead and installed a set of gauge trim rings to jazz up the gauges a bit

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh88/just4fun777/Cars/Corvette/20140305_092355.jpg[/IMG]

All back together and working great

Time for some easy and cheap stuff. I ordered some decals to dress up the steering wheel and pass side air bag.
I must say Im not all too impressed with these especially for the price. They are no more than vinyl decals and certainly
not worth what they charge for them.

I ordered all new interior LED bulbs in blue and put them all in. I'm not really feeling the blue so much in my car so
think I'm going to order another set and change them over to Red.

Which brings me up to today.
LOOKY LOOKY what just came it! I'm putting new drivers seat foam in and haveing custom covers made for my seats.
Going from all gray to black and gray with some custom embroidery in the head rest

Vette Works international for the stickers (3d Domed they are great )
Old 03-23-2014, 03:11 AM
Narco944
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lookin good bro! I'm glad you made this. I subscribed!

Get notified of new replies

To It's me Pirates Mod thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Narco944
Lookin good bro! I'm glad you made this. I subscribed!
Thanks man, I totally copied you, but what can I say you had a great idea starting it.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by James2002z06

Vette Works international for the stickers (3d Domed they are great )
Thank you, Narrco told me those are the kind I needed too. Since his looked so much better than mine. The ones I got were a total waste of money. Lesson learned
Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 AM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice mods! Double DIN mod especially looks really really good!

Keep 'em coming

Quick Reply: It's me Pirates Mod thread