Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Car Stereo / CD Player with Aux Input

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:58 PM
npijerov
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Car Stereo / CD Player with Aux Input

Does anyone know of a good place in the Charlotte, NC area to buy an aftermarket stereo on a 2003 C5? I currently have the stock radio and it's fine, but it doesn't have an AUX Input and I would really like to listen to music from my smartphone.

I don't need anything fancy, just a single CD player with an AUX input.

I am not that mechanically inclined, so I would prefer either a professional or someone experienced to do the installation.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Take a look at the iSimple adaptor, Get in touch with Dennis at DoubleDMods a forum vendor, He will have what you need and all the answers.
Mr.Bill
Old 06-17-2014, 08:11 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by npijerov
Does anyone know of a good place in the Charlotte, NC area to buy an aftermarket stereo on a 2003 C5? I currently have the stock radio and it's fine, but it doesn't have an AUX Input and I would really like to listen to music from my smartphone.

I am not that mechanically inclined, so I would prefer either a professional or someone experienced to do the installation.

Thanks!
Freeman Stereo on South Blvd. Ask for Chein - he is awesome Takes care or the car like he owns it. He did my Kenwood with nav, bluetooth,
XM, backup camera, etc. Love it.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:34 PM
vetteguy8
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by frsr06
Freeman Stereo on South Blvd. Ask for Chein - he is awesome Takes care or the car like he owns it. He did my Kenwood with nav, bluetooth,
XM, backup camera, etc. Love it.
Last summer I went to an electronics store to buy the Alpine head unit
which had Bluetooth and that's the main reason I wanted to change my stock Bose head unit ! the guy then said if I don't buy some kind of module that my ECM diagnostics system would stop working and some other things ! so I told no thanks I just didn't wanna mess around with my stock unit anymore and still has it until now ! BUT im still in the market if I can somehow get this done without losing my Bose speakers as I do love the sound of my factory unit !
Old 06-17-2014, 08:37 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteguy8
Last summer I went to an electronics store to buy the Alpine head unit
which had Bluetooth and that's the main reason I wanted to change my stock Bose head unit ! the guy then said if I don't buy some kind of module that my ECM diagnostics system would stop working and some other things ! so I told no thanks I just didn't wanna mess around with my stock unit anymore and still has it until now ! BUT im still in the market if I can somehow get this done without losing my Bose speakers as I do love the sound of my factory unit !
I still have the Bose - not in love with them - but they do sound better with the new HU.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:50 PM
Chilliwack vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks!
Got a friend who can help you? If yes then buy him a case of beer and have him do this:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...p-for-3-a.html
Old 06-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by vetteguy8
BUT im still in the market if I can somehow get this done without losing my Bose speakers as I do love the sound of my factory unit !
Dennis at Double D sell replacement Kicker speakers that everyone raves about and they're less than a $100...
Old 06-17-2014, 09:29 PM
steelman63
Advanced

Yes Dennis at doubled mods not only do you get the faceplate but you get the interface to adapt te new stereo to your "Bose" system an antenna adapter and an external cord for your I-phone...lots of options the only way I would go for the c5!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:19 PM
mtaurone
5th Gear

Default Sacramento area aftermarket stereos

Anyone know of any Sacramento area aftermarket installers/retailers?
Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Thanks!
Let me tell you a little story.

I had four Infinity speakers in my doors that all blew out at the same time. Not wanting to go back to the stereo store that sold me crap I gave Dennis at Double D Mods a call. I explained my situation and gave him the details on my amp, sub, etc. so he could make a recommendation on speakers that would work with the power output and would give me the sound I was looking for. When the speakers arrived (Dennis gave me an amazing price on them) I saw that they had a cross-over that had to be installed. I called Dennis just hoping to get a little direction, but instead of that he stayed on the phone and walked me through every bit of the install. I have never had a vendor provide this level of service before.

Call Dennis. You won't regret it.

www.doubledmods.com
Old 06-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

When I bought my car a couple of weeks ago the aftermarket CD player did not work. I wanted something simple and easy to use, but utilized 4 things:
CD/DVD player
radio
Bluetooth
Aux port

Going into electronics stores became a little overwhelming because they always tried to sell me the best. Of course that included a bunch of gizmos and gadgets I would never use. After making my way to their lower end stuff I came across a simple unit that does the basics I was looking for. To top it all off, it was user friendly and easy to navigate. Enter the Sony XAV-64BT. I couldn't be happier and paid less than $400.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:12 PM
mtaurone
5th Gear

Default aftermarket

Originally Posted by Not4spd
When I bought my car a couple of weeks ago the aftermarket CD player did not work. I wanted something simple and easy to use, but utilized 4 things:
CD/DVD player
radio
Bluetooth
Aux port

Going into electronics stores became a little overwhelming because they always tried to sell me the best. Of course that included a bunch of gizmos and gadgets I would never use. After making my way to their lower end stuff I came across a simple unit that does the basics I was looking for. To top it all off, it was user friendly and easy to navigate. Enter the Sony XAV-64BT. I couldn't be happier and paid less than $400.

Does the CD/DVD play mp3 disks?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 PM
dpoul34
Intermediate

Just a quick question - the guy soldering his own auxiliary input says you need to remember or know the unlock code for your stock stereo when you put it back in. Where do you find this number or code.

I think I'm going to leave the stock unit in there because I bought a unit (Alpine 153BT) from Crutchfield and they definitely didn't give me the right hardware. now my car sounds like a My Little Pony cassette player in the backseat. Had I checked this thread out first I'd have head to Double D. But he sells something to attach your iPod without soldering.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by dpoul34
Just a quick question - the guy soldering his own auxiliary input says you need to remember or know the unlock code for your stock stereo when you put it back in. Where do you find this number or code.

I think I'm going to leave the stock unit in there because I bought a unit (Alpine 153BT) from Crutchfield and they definitely didn't give me the right hardware. now my car sounds like a My Little Pony cassette player in the backseat. Had I checked this thread out first I'd have head to Double D. But he sells something to attach your iPod without soldering.
The only time you have to have the unlock code is when you set one up and have a red light flashing on the unit. If you remove the unit with the red light flashing you will need the code . If you don't have the code your unit will be dead in the water so to speak, You can contact GM about getting it unlocked, there is a how to in the sticky on how to unlock it. The iSimple is the best way to go and it charges also.

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket Car Stereo / CD Player with Aux Input

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Car Stereo / CD Player with Aux Input