Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Street Series Headers: Drone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 PM
5.3Avalanche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Street Series Headers: Drone?

Hey guys. I'm shopping for a set of long tubes for my '98 M6 C5 and I've really got my eyes set on a pair of LG Street Series LTs. I have a Magnaflow Axleback http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=all&id=4755 which is pretty tame. It has zero drone on the highway, and really doesn't get very loud, even at WOT. If I put the Street Series headers on my car with the Magnaflow, do you think there will be drone? I do a lot of highway roadtrips in my car and I really don't want drone, but I love the sound when you get on it. Do any of you run this combo, or a similar combo?

Cheers.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:52 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I have exactly that same setup, LG's into Magnaflow. I love it. The headers make the mufflers come alive. Same quiet cruise, deeper more muscle car rumble at idle, people notice the powerful sound, not loud just better. But when you get some rpm's into it it really comes alive. You'll want to accelerate hard more often just to hear it. Get a new intake and a tune, you'll get a noticeable hp increase in your butt meter.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:20 AM
5.3Avalanche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by striper
I have exactly that same setup, LG's into Magnaflow. I love it. The headers make the mufflers come alive. Same quiet cruise, deeper more muscle car rumble at idle, people notice the powerful sound, not loud just better. But when you get some rpm's into it it really comes alive. You'll want to accelerate hard more often just to hear it. Get a new intake and a tune, you'll get a noticeable hp increase in your butt meter.
Perfect, thanks for the feedback. So by "quiet cruise" you mean there's no drone on the highway? Also, did you run the car with just the Magnaflows before you put on the LGs? Just curious how big of a change in sound it's going to be.
Any videos of your car idling and revving?

Get notified of new replies

To LG Street Series Headers: Drone?

Quick Reply: LG Street Series Headers: Drone?