Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lapping day vid...grining from ear to ear :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 08:20 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Default Lapping day vid...grining from ear to ear :)

So first off, I'd like to apologize for the swearing at the beginning of the video. I'm not very good at editing or I would have taken it out It was the last 10 minutes of the event and I only found out that I had the gopro on the wrong setting so I got nothing except for this clip. I only recently started lapping in the car and I'm now hooked! The vid is a little long and probably boring for those who have track experience but for me, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning! Every corner, every lap, every shift, just everything put a huge smile on my face! I got to test the new c5z suspension and it felt much better then the old tired FE1 setup. I drove conservatively since my rear tires are pretty much done, and I don't feel like being the guy who lost it and ruined the event for everyone else...anyhow, thanks for watching

Last edited by STALION; 08-31-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

That is something I would like to try in my car some day.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:07 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Fun to watch your confidence building lap after lap!

Thanks for the vid!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:24 PM
MotorRoger
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was that a Miata that passed you?
Old 09-02-2014, 06:50 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
That is something I would like to try in my car some day.
Jack, if I can give you any advice is to put this on your bucket list, trust me you won't regret it! I drive pretty docile on the street, and same on the track, but I'm now starting to learn what the what our car is capable of and it has allowed to to enjoy it that much more...be warned you may get bit by the bug

Originally Posted by jptgs1
Fun to watch your confidence building lap after lap!

Thanks for the vid!
Thanks! That turned out to be my best session of the day

Originally Posted by MotorRoger
lol, yes, that was a Miata. I have no shame in admitting that The guy was pretty quick, not to mention his car is fully track prepped and totally stripped down...probably weighs around the 2k lbs mark
Old 09-02-2014, 06:58 AM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by MotorRoger
Originally Posted by STALION
lol, yes, that was a Miata. I have no shame in admitting that The guy was pretty quick, not to mention his car is fully track prepped and totally stripped down...probably weighs around the 2k lbs mark
There is absolutely no shame in that. A well-sorted Miata on slicks with a good driver is a very quick track car. People who haven't done it have no idea.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:42 PM
MotorRoger
Advanced

Originally Posted by STALION
Jack, if I can give you any advice is to put this on your bucket list, trust me you won't regret it! I drive pretty docile on the street, and same on the track, but I'm now starting to learn what the what our car is capable of and it has allowed to to enjoy it that much more...be warned you may get bit by the bug

Thanks! That turned out to be my best session of the day

Lol great video.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:31 AM
FLrealty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO I thought I was the only one who cussed like a sailor. Awesome. Glad u had fun.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Best part was right at the beginning...lol Too funny.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:19 AM
I dream of vettes
Racer

Looks Like fun. I would love to participate in something like this.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:41 AM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Looks like fun - - I guess you're in Canada somewhere?
Old 09-14-2014, 03:22 PM
YYZ06
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice to see a red Vette out on the track! Glad you had a good time. Your car sounds great.

He's at Calabogie Motorsports Park, just west of Ottawa. It's an amazing track. It's about 3 miles long and has a little bit of everything to offer (fast straights, blind corners, off camber, elevation changes, high pucker points, etc.). I've been there for a couple weekend events in my previous car (modified 06 Mustang GT) but haven't been there yet in the Vette. We were supposed to go this year but it fell through. Should be heading back next year. Can hardly wait. Even thought it's around a 9 - 10 hour drive from the Detroit area, it's worth it.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:25 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweet looking course!!!

I'd of been pissed at the guy putting his hands on my windshield and leaving a smudge right where I'm looking through the windshield. Doofus.

But I wouldn't have called him a m'efer.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:14 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FLrealty
LMAO I thought I was the only one who cussed like a sailor. Awesome. Glad u had fun.
Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Best part was right at the beginning...lol Too funny.
Thanks guys...I think

Originally Posted by I dream of vettes
Looks Like fun. I would love to participate in something like this.
Best and safest way to learn your vette! If you get a chance try it, trust me you won't regret it!

Originally Posted by CQRT
Looks like fun - - I guess you're in Canada somewhere?
Yes sir! Your friends in the north

Originally Posted by YYZ06
Nice to see a red Vette out on the track! Glad you had a good time. Your car sounds great.

He's at Calabogie Motorsports Park, just west of Ottawa. It's an amazing track. It's about 3 miles long and has a little bit of everything to offer (fast straights, blind corners, off camber, elevation changes, high pucker points, etc.). I've been there for a couple weekend events in my previous car (modified 06 Mustang GT) but haven't been there yet in the Vette. We were supposed to go this year but it fell through. Should be heading back next year. Can hardly wait. Even thought it's around a 9 - 10 hour drive from the Detroit area, it's worth it.
Nice to hear you know the track! Looks like I don't need to tell you how great it is. If you ever make it up this way, check out Ottawa. It's a great city with lots of stuff to see.

Originally Posted by dbs1vette
Sweet looking course!!!

I'd of been pissed at the guy putting his hands on my windshield and leaving a smudge right where I'm looking through the windshield. Doofus.

But I wouldn't have called him a m'efer.
Lol, its ok...I got him back and gave him motion sickness...he vomited on the way home
Old 09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Lol...I had a guy that wanted to go tracking with me for a long time, so...he met me at the track and I noticed he didn't say much for the entire session. Got out and immediately threw up. He said he was sick all weekend and it was all he could do to drive the 3 hours home, having motion sickness all the way and decorating the inside of his truck the whole time. I thought it was some kind of funny!!!

Then on a track day that my son and I were at, I got in with him to give him some pointers in his Subie...I then found out why my wife was so quiet and had a death grip while riding with me at the track...it's a whole different deal when you are not sure of the driver or the cars capabilities and you are in the passenger seat, as well as not having to focus on the track and compute what it, your gauges and the car is telling you. I must admit I got a little motion sickness and never thought I would. For some reason it was not nearly as funny when it was me trying to up chuck my cookies....hahahha.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:21 PM
yaknow
Le Mans Master

Received 222 Likes on 154 Posts

track days are such a rush, couldn't go this year but, next year I'm on it.

Get notified of new replies

To Lapping day vid...grining from ear to ear :)

Quick Reply: Lapping day vid...grining from ear to ear :)