Sponsored by:

Traction control

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 01:14 PM
mark03c5
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Traction control

Today when I drove my car I had to make a u turn.i gassed on it a little and the car tried to get side ways.im thinking why my active handling not take overt had my abs and traction control fix this past winter by abs fixer.i have no warning lights.I'm just wondering is my system working.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by mark03c5
Today when I drove my car I had to make a u turn.i gassed on it a little and the car tried to get side ways.im thinking why my active handling not take overt had my abs and traction control fix this past winter by abs fixer.i have no warning lights.I'm just wondering is my system working.
If you didn't get completely sideways, it was probably working.
I suggest you find a good safe place (open parking lot) and try a few maneuvers with and without traction control/active handling. You'll quickly learn the difference.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:26 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phanni
If you didn't get completely sideways, it was probably working.
I suggest you find a good safe place (open parking lot) and try a few maneuvers with and without traction control/active handling. You'll quickly learn the difference.

Today's modern cars with all of their computer assists such as traction control, active handling, ABS, etc., are so much safer than cars manufactured 20-30 years ago. However, one still needs to know their own personal limits and those of their car.

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson when talking about the new Nissan GT-R said, "even with all of its computer controlled safety features, they cannot protect you if you do something stupid".
Old 09-01-2014, 05:43 PM
mark03c5
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stu12dozen

Today's modern cars with all of their computer assists such as traction control, active handling, ABS, etc., are so much safer than cars manufactured 20-30 years ago. However, one still needs to know their own personal limits and those of their car.

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson when talking about the new Nissan GT-R said, "even with all of its computer controlled safety features, they cannot protect you if you do something stupid".
Yea I understand all that but I'm just thinking befor if my tires break over Semmelweis like in the past I alway seen it show up active handling on screen.just not sure.i guess I need to go out some where safe and just really see what it's doing.i do have life time warranty on it from abs fixer.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:48 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark,

I would definitely make sure everything is working as intended. ABS has saved my a$$ more than once and not just in my Vette!

Stu
Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,298 Likes on 13,971 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Active handling is great, but it will not prevent the car from losing control in all circumstances. If you were able to quickly regain control, most likely it worked as intended. As mentioned above, if you want to be sure, go to a safe place and give it a try.

Get notified of new replies

To Traction control

Quick Reply: Traction control