Sponsored by:

need radio help

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 06:46 PM
c5 kabukifox
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need radio help

i have seen several diagrams but still confused about the wires. I have three connectors and these diagrams only show for one...?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:49 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

What is the question?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:01 PM
c5 kabukifox
Instructor

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
What is the question?
sry sry been a hectic day i was wanting a better diagram with pics cause all the diagrams i see only have one conection shown i have three
Old 09-05-2014, 08:10 PM
AlaJoe
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

What are you trying to accomplish? Aftermarket radio and use the bose speakers and amps, aftermarket to all new speakers... I am not sure which go to what but I can tell you I put an aftermarket radio and used the factory bose amps and speakers in my 2004 using the Metra XSVI-2004 and it worked great. Retained accessory power and all. http://www.metraonline.com/part/XSVI-2004
Old 09-06-2014, 08:49 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

There are 4 connectors plus the antenna coaxial input.

Here is a link which shows the rear. Could not find my picture.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-NICE-DELCO-BOSE-C5-CORVETTE-CD-RADIO-1997-2004-NEW-LIGHTS-NEW-*****-/331311487129?hash=item4d23b41899&vxp=mtr
With that said, so far you have only made statements. We have no idea what you want us to do if anything.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:43 PM
c5 kabukifox
Instructor

my wife bought me a radio. ive installed several before but no pro. i looked up the diagram and i dont understand it. was wondering if there was a diagram for idiots cause i have no clue what the audio signal conditioned and return are... so trying to connect aftermarket radio to stock speakers...
Old 09-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

First off if you are using the factory speakers you will need adaptors, I would contact Dennis at DoubleDMods.com a forum vendor and is an audio king on the C5.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:27 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by c5 kabukifox
my wife bought me a radio. ive installed several before but no pro. i looked up the diagram and i dont understand it. was wondering if there was a diagram for idiots cause i have no clue what the audio signal conditioned and return are... so trying to connect aftermarket radio to stock speakers...
If you are only replacing the head-unit you will need an interface between the Bose system and your new stereo. The C5 Bose system is based on a modified Delco head-unit that uses pseudo-differential low level signals along with fully differential speaker level signals. The common signals are not standard and have a DC offset, so they cannot be grounded.

The way the system works the audio signals from the head-unit are "detoured" through the signal processor and then returned to the head-unit. At the same time, the signal processor adds up the information from the 4 channels and sends it to the 2 subwoofer amps in the doors.

The head-unit has 4 connectors in the back:
C1 / C2 (which is a single siamese connector) - power, ground, BCM data, front and rear speakers
C3 - power amp inputs
C4 - pre-amp outputs

The Metra adapter already mentioned, or the
 PAC ROEM-VET1 PAC ROEM-VET1
will take care of all necessary interfacing for you, making this just plug-and-play.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:19 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by c5 kabukifox

I think you better just thank the wife and then go get the stock radio and put it in.

You are in way over your head.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GCG

The Metra adapter already mentioned, or the PAC ROEM-VET1 will take care of all necessary interfacing for you, making this just plug-and-play.

With the adapter interface this is an easy job. Plugs right in to everything, no cutting or splicing of wires. Call Dennis and he will set you up.

Get notified of new replies

To need radio help

Quick Reply: need radio help