Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Problems Dual climate control Unit-- Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 12:53 PM
JPEAK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default AC Problems Dual climate control Unit-- Need Help!!!

Started my 98 yesterday only to notice that the temperature control reading was stuck at 75/76F. Could not adjust temperature up or down just stuck on 75/76. Driver side vents were blowing warm air and passenger side was blowing cool air with more force compared to drivers side. Eventually I was able to turn down the temperature whichnow sticks on 61/60 which took about 20 minutes, but no luck in turning temp back up to 70-75-80. It just stuck at 60/61. Then the temperature was cold on drivers side too but still not blowing cool air like the passenger side. Checked the DTC and no codes on HVAC. Left the car sitting for 4-5 hours and same issues as before. Removed the #8 and 27 fuses and still no change. Need you help
Also posted the Tech C5
Old 09-08-2014, 01:27 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Please, in the future don't post in two sections. It makes it too hard to figure out what you are doing overall in diagnostics unless you put all the info and status in both Threads. In the future this is the type of issue that is best just placed in the Technical section.

Not at home now with my info and FSM but will try and get back to you. I will plan to just provide any input in your Technical Thread. Ruff cut, sure seems like the head unit may be the problem but we will see.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:40 PM
JPEAK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Please, in the future don't post in two sections. It makes it too hard to figure out what you are doing overall in diagnostics unless you put all the info and status in both Threads. In the future this is the type of issue that is best just placed in the Technical section.

Not at home now with my info and FSM but will try and get back to you. I will plan to just provide any input in your Technical Thread. Ruff cut, sure seems like the head unit may be the problem but we will see.
Thanks I will post only in proper section and no duplicates.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:05 PM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 774 Likes on 435 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

Not sure about the issue with the temperature control, but I had a past C5 do the hot side cold side thing and it turned out to be low on refrigerant.

Get notified of new replies

To AC Problems Dual climate control Unit-- Need Help!!!

Quick Reply: AC Problems Dual climate control Unit-- Need Help!!!