Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turning circle 01 c5 z06

Old 09-16-2014, 02:12 AM
kiwi korvette
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turning circle 01 c5 z06

being new to corvettes,just wondering if the c5 is normal to have a bad turning circle and when on full lock the front tyres try to sledge.My one has been changed to right hand drive,unless thats got something to do with it
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 440 Likes on 324 Posts

The turning diameter is around 40 feet. Doing a slow speed turn at full lock will often times result in the tire skipping (assuming this is what you mean by sledge). This is due to a combination of tire width and alignment. At full lock and slow speed, the tires are actually up on an edge. Drive a little more aggressive and the tire rolls to allow full tread contact. This is normal for the car.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:07 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

The turning radius is terrible, you kinda just have to get over it. When I put my new tires on all of that skipping hopping " sledge" went away.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:05 PM
kiwi korvette
7th Gear

Default c5 turning circle

Originally Posted by 3sACROWD
The turning diameter is around 40 feet. Doing a slow speed turn at full lock will often times result in the tire skipping (assuming this is what you mean by sledge). This is due to a combination of tire width and alignment. At full lock and slow speed, the tires are actually up on an edge. Drive a little more aggressive and the tire rolls to allow full tread contact. This is normal for the car.
That answers my question,Its not a real problem,just means I have to pick a wide road to do a u turn
Old 09-16-2014, 04:00 PM
zagger
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a Vette, you can do a 180 on a 9 foot wide road no problem. Just have to disengage traction control.
On a serious note what you are describing is pretty normal.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:41 AM
kiwi korvette
7th Gear

Default vegas corvettes

hi,anyone out there that can recommend some corvette dealerships or anything corvette that I should check out when I come up to the usa and check out hawaii and las vegas ? I might also,if time permits check out bowling green kentucky,cheers

Get notified of new replies

To turning circle 01 c5 z06

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turning circle 01 c5 z06