Sponsored by:

A/C Condenser piping leak.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 08:55 PM
SDLS1Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default A/C Condenser piping leak.

My condenser piping came in contact with another item in the engine bay and wore right through it. There is a significant leak of freon.

My first question is can I drive it in this condition? We have an event tomorrow which would require a short and uneventful drive (12 - 15 miles). I will probably loose a lot of freon though.

Is there a possibility of fixing the leak? If no how hard will it be to replace the condenser, I have an A&A supercharger kit on it.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:03 PM
j.grif
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDLS1Rider
My condenser piping came in contact with another item in the engine bay and wore right through it. There is a significant leak of freon.

My first question is can I drive it in this condition? We have an event tomorrow which would require a short and uneventful drive (12 - 15 miles). I will probably loose a lot of freon though.

Is there a possibility of fixing the leak? If no how hard will it be to replace the condenser, I have an A&A supercharger kit on it.

Thanks.
Unplug the wiring to the compressor, order the parts and don't worry about losing the refrigerant, with the compressor unplugged, you wont hurt it, go ahead and drive like that, no damage will be done, the clutch wont pull in and the pulley on the compressor will just free wheel.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:05 PM
j.grif
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In addition, you will most likely not be able to repair the rubbed through component, it will have to be replaced.

Get notified of new replies

To A/C Condenser piping leak.

Quick Reply: A/C Condenser piping leak.