Hankooks

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 07:45 PM
t tom
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hankooks

Originally Posted by Black 02
I've had two sets of Hankooks and one set of Sumitomo tires on my Z. I thought both brands offered nice tires for the money spent.

Glad you got your eleven year old tires replaced. Pretty much anything would have been an upgrade over those as they were dangerous at this point to even drive on the street.
yes they looked ok, but at that age I would always worry when I was running 80 plus on highway, think, well better get new tires! no worries now
Old 10-19-2014, 08:05 PM
jlsru
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

I put Hankooks on my car this summer and love them.
I don't drive my car hard at all.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by thisMSGgood4me
And who does that on public roads (maybe I should say legally on public roads)? From how I read what the OP said, I think he was looking for street tires, not racing tires.
you must have NO CLUE as to how much power some of these cars can put down ... If you are driving a Vette like an old lady, maybe it's time to rethink your choice of vehicles
Old 10-20-2014, 01:32 PM
thisMSGgood4me
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels
you must have NO CLUE as to how much power some of these cars can put down ... If you are driving a Vette like an old lady, maybe it's time to rethink your choice of vehicles
Yes, some of these cars can put down more power, but those aren't the ones which are still more or less stock (in the power department), which I believe is the majority of these cars. Some owners, apparently like you Hot_Wheels, have modded their Vettes to squeeze more power out of them, but I strongly believe you are by far in the minority.

And don't tell what I can or cannot drive, or should or should not drive. FYI I don't drive mine "like an old lady," I drive like a normal driver on the street. A responsible normal driver. So you can take that comment of yours and shove it you know where.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

the issue is that I drive my car as a daily driver and that is where I have the experiance with tires and I also run these tires for now and it can also go faster then most - please don't accuse me of bad behavior on the roads again because I have more power and the Honkook tire doesn't hold very well. No tickets and I've been driving for a pretty long time. And Stop ASSUMING things!

my car is too fast to race on the streets - I have hoosiers (or ET Streets) on bogarts for the track. I spend quite a bit of time revving the motor with a loose 4K stall and driving on the street. Have you ever even drived a stalled Vette before?

You are welcome to show me how you drive at a rental I am having at Atco next month - please have a drag radial or slick
Old 10-20-2014, 03:00 PM
thisMSGgood4me
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels
the issue is that I drive my car as a daily driver and that is where I have the experiance with tires and I also run these tires for now and it can also go faster then most - please don't accuse me of bad behavior on the roads again because I have more power and the Honkook tire doesn't hold very well. No tickets and I've been driving for a pretty long time. And Stop ASSUMING things!

my car is too fast to race on the streets - I have hoosiers (or ET Streets) on bogarts for the track. I spend quite a bit of time revving the motor with a loose 4K stall and driving on the street. Have you ever even drived a stalled Vette before?

You are welcome to show me how you drive at a rental I am having at Atco next month - please have a drag radial or slick
You're the one who made assumptions first, that I had "NO CLUE as to how much power some of these cars can put down" and that I must drive "like an old lady." You're just too stupid to realize you did though.

BTW I wouldn't for the life of me step foot in NJ. Too many of you jerseyans are just too damn rude much of the time.

Quick Reply: Hankooks