Sponsored by:

Service Traction, ABS,and active handling

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Skyhawk27
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service Traction, ABS,and active handling

I bought a 2002 Z06 with 20,000 miles on it and sometimes I would get the DIC saying service Traction System, Service ABS, Service Active Handling. I would shut the engine off, then restart and it was fine. It got more frequent, and now it stays on every time I start the engine.
Is it a computer or?
I am new to Corvettes and the forum, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Skyhawk
Old 10-20-2014, 01:10 AM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Skyhawk27
I bought a 2002 Z06 with 20,000 miles on it and sometimes I would get the DIC saying service Traction System, Service ABS, Service Active Handling. I would shut the engine off, then restart and it was fine. It got more frequent, and now it stays on every time I start the engine.
Is it a computer or?
I am new to Corvettes and the forum, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Skyhawk
Pull all your codes out of the DIC and post them. Guys here, will advise you depending on what codes are stored in your cars DIC.

Do a google search on 'repair EBCM on 2002 C5 Corvette'. That search will take you to many threads here on the forum, to read up on your car's issue.

Read about ABSFixer.com.

Check all the grounds on your car, clean them. Do a google search on 'where are ground locations on C5 Corvette'.

Check all wiring connections, near grounds, and EBCM to ensure wire harness's are clean, and you have no corrosion in them, and you have a good connection in the harness with each wire and pin (male to female connectors)

Pull and post all those codes (ie C1214 H ,for example) first thing. Drive your car, and get the codes before you turn off the ignition/motor.

good luck,
Don
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 AM
Skyhawk27
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donald4972
Pull all your codes out of the DIC and post them. Guys here, will advise you depending on what codes are stored in your cars DIC.

Do a google search on 'repair EBCM on 2002 C5 Corvette'. That search will take you to many threads here on the forum, to read up on your car's issue.

Read about ABSFixer.com.

Check all the grounds on your car, clean them. Do a google search on 'where are ground locations on C5 Corvette'.

Check all wiring connections, near grounds, and EBCM to ensure wire harness's are clean, and you have no corrosion in them, and you have a good connection in the harness with each wire and pin (male to female connectors)

Pull and post all those codes (ie C1214 H ,for example) first thing. Drive your car, and get the codes before you turn off the ignition/motor.

good luck,
Don

Thank you for the info. I will see what I find this weekend and post it, maybe sooner if I can get to it.
Skyhawk

Get notified of new replies

To Service Traction, ABS,and active handling

Quick Reply: Service Traction, ABS,and active handling