Sponsored by:

I need help installing new radio in 1999 Convertible with power antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 10:08 PM
C5 Convertible
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help installing new radio in 1999 Convertible with power antenna

I need help with understanding the installation of a new radio in a 1999 Convertible with power antenna.

I'm looking to install a Kenwood Exceleron KDC-X798 with XSVI-2004 Wiring Interface.

The XSVI has a blue/white wire that states to connect to the amp turn on wire of the aftermarket radio.

The KDC-X798 has a blue/white wire that states to connect to the power control terminal when using the optional power amplifier, or to the antenna control terminal in the vehicle.

The KDC-X798 has a blue wire that states antenna control wire. The directions state it is NOT USED.

I believe I should connect the KDC-X798 blue/white wire to the XSVI blue/white wire and not connect the KDC-X798 blue wire

What do I connect for the power antenna ?
Do I connect the KDC-X798 blue/white wire to the vehicle antenna control terminal ?
If so, where is it? or will the power antenna work after hooking up all connections ?

Additionally, I would like to install a switch so I can control when the antenna extends. When the radio is on, I'd like the antenna up when listening to the radio, antenna down when listening to cd/mp3.

What wires should I connect to the switch ?
I'd like to do this from behind the dash when Im changing the radio.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Brit dex
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi mate, I'm certainly no expert on these, but I have a vert with std radio, and actually went route of using a Tom TOm with MP3 capability instead..

However search for Denis at DD mods .. he is the man on Audio side including also dash board solutions for fitting bigger units in etc etc.. wealth of knowledge and well known on here...
there are other vendors too who I'm sure will help..

good luck
Old 11-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Ghostface
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Looking to install an aftermarket radio in my '99 coupe.

*EDIT* Actually, just ordered a single DIN package from DD.

Last edited by Ghostface; 11-21-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:09 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you might get more results posting this in the General/audio /electronics area. I did this to my car , but its been too long, but I have a toggle switch for the antenna.

Get notified of new replies

To I need help installing new radio in 1999 Convertible with power antenna

Quick Reply: I need help installing new radio in 1999 Convertible with power antenna